Why become a member? ×

off-topic forum visible when not logged in

pete.young

[quote name='Machines' post='1003311' date='Oct 28 2010, 08:19 AM']I have changed this back to previous setting whilst it's discussed between the admin, is currently only visible to logged in users again.[/quote]
Mmm, OT should definitely remain visible only to members. Threre is an enormous amount of highly personal stuff in there that should not be available to the browsing public and Daily Mail journalists.

I feel very strongly about this.

[quote name='silddx' post='1003812' date='Oct 28 2010, 02:31 PM']Mmm, OT should definitely remain visible only to members. Threre is an enormous amount of highly personal stuff in there that should not be available to the browsing public and Daily Mail journalists.

I feel very strongly about this.[/quote]

Indeed I feel if it wasn't I'd have to delete my account to get rid of anything.

[quote name='silddx' post='1003812' date='Oct 28 2010, 02:31 PM']Mmm, OT should definitely remain visible only to members. Threre is an enormous amount of highly personal stuff in there that should not be available to the browsing public and Daily Mail journalists.

If you really feel strongly about it, here's a bit of friendly advice... don't post anything you don't want the wider world to see on BC, or any website for that matter.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1003873' date='Oct 28 2010, 03:25 PM']If you really feel strongly about it, here's a bit of friendly advice... don't post anything you don't want the wider world to see on BC, or any website for that matter.[/quote]

I agree with this indeed, but still probably best to keep it private anyway because we don't want to come up on google if someone searches for 'Pope Visits UK' or something, it may attract unwanted attention.

Fixed now, as you were :)

ped

[quote name='ped' post='1003878' date='Oct 28 2010, 03:29 PM']I agree with this indeed, but still probably best to keep it private anyway because we don't want to come up on google if someone searches for 'Pope Visits UK' or something, it may attract unwanted attention.

Fixed now, as you were :)

ped[/quote]

No worries and thanks for that.

yep i spose it should be members only. Things are easily blown out of propprtion these days by muck rakers.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1003873' date='Oct 28 2010, 03:25 PM']If you really feel strongly about it, here's a bit of friendly advice... don't post anything you don't want the wider world to see on BC, or any website for that matter.[/quote]
Sorry old egg, but I don't subscribe to that view.

I am perfectly happy to be personal on OT and know 12000 people can see it, I just don't want "I found a lump on my left bollock today - by silddx" showing up in google searches.

[quote name='silddx' post='1004902' date='Oct 29 2010, 11:02 AM']Sorry old egg, but I don't subscribe to that view.

I am perfectly happy to be personal on OT and know 12000 people can see it, I just don't want "I found a lump on my left bollock today - by silddx" showing up in google searches.[/quote]
I appreciate that, but what I'm saying is that it's not really in your hands (control of the data that is. Not your bollock.)

[quote name='silddx' post='1004902' date='Oct 29 2010, 11:02 AM']Sorry old egg, but I don't subscribe to that view.

I am perfectly happy to be personal on OT and know 12000 people can see it, I just don't want "I found a lump on my left bollock today - by silddx" showing up in google searches.[/quote]

Sorry but that will probably now turn up on a google search :)

Actually it doesn't...