Why become a member? ×

Bass Day UK 2007

Gary.Lowe

Hi All

Just to give you a heads up, plans for Bass Day UK 2007 are in the making.

The venue has been booked and we are going royal darlings...

The event will be held at the Royal Northern Academy of Music in Manchester on 11th November 2007

We can also confirm that under 18's are welcome this years *Yay*

You will also be able to get food and drink at the venue so this year you needn't move from you seat.

Keep checking out www.bassday.co.uk and www.myspace.com/bassdayuk for updates

MB1. :)

Got any names in the pipeline? thats a nice new building that is! if its not too late in the year, bands wont be on massive tours.you could ask that king geezer if hes not busy or even derek smalls!(still a classic!)

MB1.

Marked on the calendar :)

So glad to see the back of the life cafe

i look forward to a list of performers

some ppl id love to see on the list this year are

matt garrison
mr manring
vic
stu hamm
brian bromberg
alain caron
Hadrien Feraud
Seth Horan
adriano campagnani
Norm Stockton
Ray Riendeau
Yves Carbonne
Dominique Di Piazza
tony grey

to name but a few im sure i could think of a few more if i really sat and thought about it :huh:

laters
gizmo

[quote name='Gizmo' post='10692' date='Jun 1 2007, 06:26 PM']Marked on the calendar :huh:

matt garrison
mr manring
vic
stu hamm
brian bromberg
alain caron
Hadrien Feraud
Seth Horan
adriano campagnani
Norm Stockton
Ray Riendeau
Yves Carbonne
Dominique Di Piazza
tony grey

to name but a few im sure i could think of a few more if i really sat and thought about it :huh:

laters
gizmo[/quote]

Hey I did well I recognised 4 names on your list :)

How out of touch am I?

[quote name='Alun' post='10768' date='Jun 1 2007, 08:51 PM']Recognised them all but I am a horrendous bass anorak :)[/quote]

Hey alun

no surprise for me there :huh:

You coming along again this year? im thinking of making a weekend of it this time as i've always had to leave around 7:30'ish to get my coach home to brum :huh:

+1 for Gizmo's list...some awesome players there.

Brian Bromberg is the man, gotta see him some time, he's just insane, love his playing on DB at the moment! And if either Alain Caron or Hadrien Feraud come, hopefully they can bring there fretless F Bass' so i can finally have a go on one (i'll pretend that i'm some important dude, hehe!!!)!!!

J

[quote name='Gizmo' post='10773' date='Jun 1 2007, 08:55 PM']Hey alun

no surprise for me there :huh:

You coming along again this year? im thinking of making a weekend of it this time as i've always had to leave around 7:30'ish to get my coach home to brum :)[/quote]

Yeah, I'm hoping to be there again.

And CK - have you heard Doky's new album Nomad Diaries? Well worth a listen.

Cheers,
Alun

Hi Gary, I really liked last years, but this year have you sorted the issue of having the sponsor stands and artists in the same room? It was a huge pain only being able to try the custom basses 15 min per hour!

CrazyKiwi: I notice that Bassworld was a sponsor last year, are we going to be Basschat this year?

i can see the new logo now "basschat the place to be for bass anoraks" hehe :)

i'll add [url="http://www.bradymuckelroy.com/music.htm"]brady muckelroy[/url] & [url="http://www.deanpeer.com/"]dean peer[/url]
to that list aswell and see if you can get trip back aswell i know he has a new cd to pimp any chance you might get ronda smith over this year? i heard she was an almost at last year's

Id also second the request for sponsor stands and artists in the diffrent room's just so we can avoid having some dumb ass playing over ppl's set's like they did with janek's & Yolanda Charles set's last year

laters
gizmo

[quote name='Gizmo' post='10692' date='Jun 1 2007, 06:26 PM']Marked on the calendar :)

matt garrison
alain caron
Hadrien Feraud
Dominique Di Piazza
tony grey

laters
gizmo[/quote]

Would love to see these guys. Janek Gwizelda aswell.

Note: Dominique is playing and doing a workshop at Sligo jazz school in august in ireland.

[quote name='Alpha-Dave' post='10993' date='Jun 2 2007, 12:22 PM']Hi Gary, I really liked last years, but this year have you sorted the issue of having the sponsor stands and artists in the same room? It was a huge pain only being able to try the custom basses 15 min per hour!

CrazyKiwi: I notice that Bassworld was a sponsor last year, are we going to be Basschat this year?[/quote]

Hey A-D

Yeah the venue is a lot better this year, there is a seperate performance room for the artists

• 2 weeks later...