Why become a member? ×

AK112 - Interesting!

Musicman20

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=699355"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=699355[/url]

New super duper 112 'review' from KJUng on Talkbass.

I really like how over-engineered and precise it looks....and the fact it does look pretty professionally made and not DIY.

I wonder if anyone will take the plunge here?

It doesn't do it for me on looks alone.... I think the finish is ok but that speaker grill does it no favours at all.
And like it or not that design isn't going to help it no matter how it sounds, IMV.

It does indeed look all wrong to me.

Cab designers ..? huh..!!! Get one in but at least the build looks there...!!! :)

[quote name='Finbar' post='978648' date='Oct 5 2010, 06:15 PM']I quite like how it looks in a weird way. But I wouldn't buy it.[/quote]

Thats like saying 'fek you're gorgeous but I'll keep it in my pants thanks' :)

Edited by charic

[quote name='charic' post='978879' date='Oct 5 2010, 09:56 PM']Thats like saying 'fek you're gorgeous but I'll keep it in my pants thanks' :)[/quote]
Haha, I didn't mean I wouldn't buy it because of how it looks. I just wouldn't buy it regardless. A 1x12 is a bit of a nothing cab to me, regardless of how good it may be!

I'm gonna get reading the thread to find out more. I think my preference before I start looking any closer would be a plain black grill like Epifani cabinets, so it looks almost stealthed - or something sexy like the Hartke Hydrive cabs.

Ok.. will be back later!

Gotta say though, I am SO impressed with the guys going at it with the DIY over on TalkBass - in much the same way as I am impressed with Alex Claber's work and Max at sfx on this very forum. I really couldn't criticise the looks - because if I tried to build a cab - it'd probably end up looking like a shoe box!

Well.. not entirely true - I did build a couple of cabinets a long while ago.. but yeah - you get my point! I'd still love to have a go at building one of GreenBoy's 1515/66 cabs though :)) What a beast!

Anyway, I guess the short of it, is that I also like the fact that Bass Players have taken it in to their own habds to build cabinets that *actually* produce the goods efficiently - and the more people going the DIY route can only give us more options to play with...oh..and...errrrr... more boughts of GAS that we can't afford to deal with!!!!!!

The problem is, in 5 years or so, if the company doesnt take off, only basschat or talkbass players are going to know what it is. So if you want to sell, people might might why they are having to pay such a high amount for something that still doesnt look 100% 'finished' like a 'normal' cabinet.

Thats my view if it...im just cautious.

Even thought BC and TB are busy forums, there are a hell of a lot of people who just buy what they like the sound of regardless of specs on forums, etc.