Why become a member? ×

Bitsa P-bass REDUCED PRICE!!!

Nick449

[center][size=7][color="#4169E1"]Fender Precision For Sale![/color][/size] [size=1]Well... Kinda[/size][/center]

Actually, It was built by myself a couple years ago, using pretty much the highest quality stuff I could find to make an already brilliant design, well, better. I spent nearly [b][color="#FF0000"]£1000[/color][/b] on this, but due to needing a car I've gotta sell. Apart from a little dust its as good as new, [b][color="#FF0000"]Never been gigged[/color][/b] either!

[size=4]Looking for [s]£600[/s] [s]£500[/s][size=6] [b][color="#FF0000"]£450[/b][/size] [/color][/size]

*Body is custom made; Vintage White, made from North American Alder, with a thinly applied polyester top coat [color="#FF0000"]£325 [/color][b]WD Music[/b]
*Maple neck with a high gloss polyester finish [color="#FF0000"]£200 [/color][b]WD Music[/b]
*Pickups were handmade in Scotland to replicate a precision made in the 1970's era [color="#FF0000"]£50 [/color][b]Wizard Pickups[/b]
*Badass II Bridge [color="#FF0000"]£90 [/color][b]Thomann[/b]
*Vintage Style Gotoh Bass Tuners [color="#FF0000"]£80 [/color][b]WD Music[/b]
*Vintage Black/White/Black Scratchplate [color="#FF0000"]£30 [/color][b]WD Music[/b]
*Electronics (Unfortunately don’t have a price for these!)
*Fender Neck Plate [color="#FF0000"]£15 [/color][b]Thomann[/b]
*Fender Decal [color="#FF0000"]£15 [/color][b]Independent Seller[/b]
*Vintage Strap Buttons [color="#FF0000"]£5 [/color][b]WD Music[/b]
*2x Chrome Control Knobs [color="#FF0000"]£10 [/color][b]Thomann[/b]

[b]Can post but obviously will have to put the postage on top of the sale value
Can also deliver within 30 miles of Neston, Cheshire [/b]

[color="#4169E1"][b][size=4]Any questions don't hesitate to ask![/size][/b][/color]

[color="#FF8C00"][b][size=6]Receipts[/size][/b][/color]

[attachment=61475:Screen_s...19.30.10.jpg][attachment=61476:Screen_s...19.27.22.jpg]
[attachment=61478:bbggg_copy.jpg][attachment=61479:7778888.jpg][attachment=61477:IMG_0008.JPG]

[color="#FF8C00"][b][size=6]Pictures[/size][/b][/color]

[attachment=60076:PICT1879.JPG] [attachment=61283:PICT1887.JPG] [attachment=61286:PICT1888.JPG] [attachment=61287:PICT1889.JPG] [attachment=61288:PICT1890.JPG] [attachment=61289:PICT1891.JPG] [attachment=61291:PICT1892.JPG] [attachment=61292:PICT1893.JPG]

Edited by Nick449

[quote name='bubinga5' post='971035' date='Sep 28 2010, 07:14 PM']can you tell us what the parts are, and there origin?

body, pickups, tuners..i take it these are US parts you have built it from... :)

looks like a cracker..

does it say 'mad ass' on the bridge?[/quote]

Hi, just added a list of the main parts of the guitar, it was 2 years ago so unfortunately i wont be able to tell you all the parts :/

Body and Neck are American yes, but most of the parts I sourced around the UK

And no aha!, Badass :lol:
[url="http://www.basscentre.com/bridges-knobs-straplocks/leo-quan-badass-bass-bridge-ii-4-string-chrome.html"]http://www.basscentre.com/bridges-knobs-st...ing-chrome.html[/url] :)

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='971539' date='Sep 29 2010, 11:30 AM']This looks lovely.
Is that a real Fender neck? What size is it?[/quote]

Hi, no its actually a custom made neck I bought over in America with a fender decal added.
So basically its a fender neck, not made by fender if that makes sense aha :)

In terms of size, its just the standard size of Precisions

[quote name='Nick449' post='971668' date='Sep 29 2010, 01:05 PM']Hi, no its actually a custom made neck I bought over in America with a fender decal added.
So basically its a fender neck, not made by fender if that makes sense aha :)

In terms of size, its just the standard size of Precisions[/quote]

Cheers.

Im not sure about this but i think you might get in to trouble selling this here, especially as you have listed the bass with the word Fender and its not.
I know your being up front but im not sure if its legal to sell a non fender neck with a Fender logo on it.

Im sure i read a long topic recently where someone was selling Fender logos to put on other basses and all hell was let loose.

Just a warning.

I personally would have no issue buying this if i could afford it. Good luck

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='971684' date='Sep 29 2010, 01:27 PM']Cheers.

Im not sure about this but i think you might get in to trouble selling this here, especially as you have listed the bass with the word Fender and its not.
I know your being up front but im not sure if its legal to sell a non fender neck with a Fender logo on it.

Im sure i read a long topic recently where someone was selling Fender logos to put on other basses and all hell was let loose.

Just a warning.

I personally would have no issue buying this if i could afford it. Good luck[/quote]

ah, okay.. I must admit I wasn't aware of the legal mumbo jumbo, but as long as people do know this is a custom bass then there's not much I can do, unless I closed the topic, but then if I found it to be okay.. hmm, catch 22 :)

[quote name='Nick449' post='972006' date='Sep 29 2010, 07:20 PM']Hi, made by a company called wizard pickups, based in scotland :)[/quote]

Oh, you should have said. Loads of us have Wizard pups. I have a set of custom wound 74's in my HW-one Jazz.
They are based in Wales now though.

Very nice pups.

Edited by dave_bass5

Dude change the title of the thread - it will give you a better chance at attracting the kind of people that want to buy this bass. I can see Fender fans clicking to view it and getting miffed that it's a bitsa, conversely there are folk out there who wouldn't touch a Fender with a bargepole because of their QC issues who would love a nice bitsa.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='975523' date='Oct 2 2010, 11:21 PM']Dude change the title of the thread - it will give you a better chance at attracting the kind of people that want to buy this bass. I can see Fender fans clicking to view it and getting miffed that it's a bitsa, conversely there are folk out there who wouldn't touch a Fender with a bargepole because of their QC issues who would love a nice bitsa.[/quote]

will do now, thanks :lol:

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='975547' date='Oct 2 2010, 11:53 PM']plus it doesnt help calling us common hhahahahaha[/quote]

my bad :)