Why become a member? ×

Bitsa P-bass REDUCED PRICE!!!

Nick449

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='985824' date='Oct 12 2010, 03:32 PM']....£450 will bag a Japanese Fender easy on the used market so it's understandable that this may not sell in a week....[/quote]
A couple of USA's have gone for that on here recently too.

I'm not saying it isn't but the body doesn't look like a Warmoth in these pics. As I said earlier, it looks more rounded and less slab-like than standard offerings. Maybe new pics can allay this?

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='986180' date='Oct 12 2010, 08:21 PM']A couple of USA's have gone for that on here recently too.

I'm not saying it isn't but the body doesn't look like a Warmoth in these pics. As I said earlier, it looks more rounded and less slab-like than standard offerings. Maybe new pics can allay this?[/quote]

goddam the knowlege of these bassheads hahahaha

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='986181' date='Oct 12 2010, 08:21 PM']A couple of USA's have gone for that on here recently too.

I'm not saying it isn't but the body doesn't look like a Warmoth in these pics. As I said earlier, it looks more rounded and less slab-like than standard offerings. Maybe new pics can allay this?[/quote]

sure thing, ill get some new pictures up tomorrow, i'll try and take some of the receipts too :)

[quote]Warmoth was the company which made me the body[/quote]

Easy to prove that - the neck pocket on the body will be clearly marked with their guitar-playing turtle (terrapin, whatever..) logo, and the Word "Warmoth" - get a shot of that and you'll definitely move some of those parts, if not the whole bass.

[quote name='Stewart' post='987420' date='Oct 13 2010, 09:06 PM']Easy to prove that - the neck pocket on the body will be clearly marked with their guitar-playing turtle (terrapin, whatever..) logo, and the Word "Warmoth" - get a shot of that and you'll definitely move some of those parts, if not the whole bass.[/quote]

LOL, I've been wanting to say that for a few days! The seller seems to be going out of his way not to tell us these things, or perhaps it's a marketing ploy, a slow reveal, a bass provenance striptease?

[quote name='Beedster' post='987434' date='Oct 13 2010, 09:26 PM']LOL, I've been wanting to say that for a few days! The seller seems to be going out of his way not to tell us these things, or perhaps it's a marketing ploy, a slow reveal, a bass provenance striptease?[/quote]

what can i say, it builds suspense? :)
i'll have a picture ready for tomorrow, thanks guys :lol:

[quote name='Beedster' post='987434' date='Oct 13 2010, 09:26 PM']LOL, I've been wanting to say that for a few days! The seller seems to be going out of his way not to tell us these things, or perhaps it's a marketing ploy, a slow reveal, a bass provenance striptease?[/quote]

Trouble is it's a strip that gets you all excited at the start and then what's underneath isn't quite what you expected ...

[quote]*Maple neck with a high gloss polyester finish £200 WD Music[/quote]

[url="http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/product/Precision_Bass_Maple_Neck_Clear_Finish_PM-CL"]http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/product/Precision...ar_Finish_PM-CL[/url]

So, ok, maybe they dropped the price by 25%, but still.

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='989547' date='Oct 15 2010, 06:50 PM']how are we gettin on with the pics of the body??[/quote]

having abit of trouble getting the camera to connect with the computer, but will hopefully get it sorted soon!

Right, just located and put on the reciepts, i can understand why some of you were abit suspicious now! :)
the wizard pickups price was wrong as well as some sources such as the body! I've now found the body to be from WD Music, sorry for the mistakes guys!!

Neck 170
Body 276
Badass 91
Neck Plate 15
Knobs 10
Tuners 60

Total 622

Another thing that doesn't quite add up... I bought a BlackWD Music body around 2 years ago at £180, and since then everything's been gradually increasing in price - sure enough they're now 219.68 - how odd that you managed to pay £276

Nice Mac screenshots BTW :)

[quote name='Stewart' post='989734' date='Oct 15 2010, 10:31 PM']Neck 170
Body 276
Badass 91
Neck Plate 15
Knobs 10
Tuners 60

Total 622

Another thing that doesn't quite add up... I bought a BlackWD Music body around 2 years ago at £180, and since then everything's been gradually increasing in price - sure enough they're now 219.68 - how odd that you managed to pay £276

Nice Mac screenshots BTW :lol:[/quote]

but your forgetting VAT :)
andd i have no idea! :S im assuming you mean yours was american alder as well? hhmm

You are suggesting that the bass cost you £850 - you also profess to believe that it's value is the same thing.
I don't think I need to say that I percieve things differently

WD Painted bodies currently cost 219.68 inc VAT and they were 180 inc VAT around a couple of years ago

Had the body been a Warmoth, I might have offered to buy it from you
It isn't, and you don't have anything else I want

Have a form of luck with your sale

[quote name='Stewart' post='989784' date='Oct 15 2010, 11:01 PM']You are suggesting that the bass cost you £850 - you also profess to believe that it's value is the same thing.
I don't think I need to say that I percieve things differently

WD Painted bodies currently cost 219.68 inc VAT and they were 180 inc VAT around a couple of years ago

Had the body been a Warmoth, I might have offered to buy it from you
It isn't, and you don't have anything else I want

Have a form of luck with your sale[/quote]

ah sorry, i just didnt understand what you were getting at before,
with regards to the body, i have no idea, i'll have a look now at the site to see if i can find an equivalent but im a bit miffed that the price i paid was alot more than you :)

and no worries, thanks for the interest anyway :lol: