Why become a member? ×

Bitsa P-bass REDUCED PRICE!!!

Nick449

[quote name='Nick449' post='975903' date='Oct 3 2010, 12:41 PM']will do now, thanks :lol:[/quote]

Btw I didn't mean to call it a "bitsa" twice last night (tiredness) it's obviously a custom project. My point was that to a Fender fanboy it may as well be one. Hope that clarifies things.

Who made the body? It doesn't look as slabby as a standard P body - this again this might be a selling point for some.

You might do well to put up a better pic of the machine heads too as from that angle it sorta looks like they aren't fitted equidistantly. :)

Right now that I've picked the sh*t out of your thread.... Good luck with the sale mate. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='975938' date='Oct 3 2010, 01:25 PM']Who made the body? It doesn't look as slabby as a standard P body - this again this might be a selling point for some.[/quote]

unfortunately there all the specs i have for the bass body, annoyingly I can't remember the shop name :/
the only thing different to the shape is that there's more of a slant where you'd rest your hand, if that makes sense?

[quote name='Nick449' post='974866' date='Oct 2 2010, 12:01 PM']PRICE DROP!! £500 NOW![/quote]
You are asking £500 for a Bad Ass & Gotohs the rest seems pretty much unexplained.......Call ne Sceptical but...

YEAH CALL ME SCEPTICAL :)

[quote name='Waterboarder' post='976167' date='Oct 3 2010, 05:14 PM']You might want to try reading the previous 2 pages again :)[/quote]

whys that?

Only thing Tino left out is the pickups are wizards,,,not the most expensive pups on the market,,,,the body and neck are no-marks.

Bit pricey for not knowing what your buying.

Plus the OP is still marketing this as a FENDER custom,,,,,its not!

ou7shined is right though,,,,should change your OP,,,this aint a fender dude.

Edited by munkonthehill

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='976214' date='Oct 3 2010, 06:01 PM']whys that?

Only thing Tino left out is the pickups are wizards,,,not the most expensive pups on the market,,,,the body and neck are no-marks.

Bit pricey for not knowing what your buying.

Plus the OP is still marketing this as a FENDER custom,,,,,its not![/quote]

what more do you need to know?? :)

and im not! it even says in the opening post 'made by myself a couple of years ago' :lol:

[quote name='Nick449' post='976218' date='Oct 3 2010, 06:05 PM']what more do you need to know?? :)

and im not! it even says in the opening post 'made by myself a couple of years ago' :lol:[/quote]

aye but your heading is Fender precision,,,,,custom bass.

its a bitsa P-bass....its not a fender.

If i had spent over a grand on a bass im pretty sure i would remember its components,,,

Did the electrics come with the body? did the preamp come seperate and if so what is it,,,,,

for this forum I think you may need more info on your parts.

[quote name='Nick449' post='976218' date='Oct 3 2010, 06:05 PM']what more do you need to know?? :lol:

and im not! it even says in the opening post 'made by myself a couple of years ago' :)[/quote]

Then why is the thread still titled "Fender Precision"? This is not made from any Fender parts at all :)

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='976224' date='Oct 3 2010, 06:08 PM']aye but your heading is Fender precision,,,,,custom bass.

its a bitsa P-bass....its not a fender.

If i had spent over a grand on a bass im pretty sure i would remember its components,,,

Did the electrics come with the body? did the preamp come seperate and if so what is it,,,,,

for this forum I think you may need more info on your parts.[/quote]

bought separate electrics and pre-amp for the body yes, i've tried to find the site just now but with no success, would it help to take a picture?

[quote name='Protium' post='976242' date='Oct 3 2010, 06:23 PM']Then why is the thread still titled "Fender Precision"? This is not made from any Fender parts at all :)[/quote]

changed :lol:

People routinely sell off parts basses via the components on this site as they can realize more cash. Some of the parts are clearly quite valuable, eg, Badass (have you seen how much they go for now?) plus a nice neck is usually in demand. if you can find the sources it may be worth doing a calculation of the break-up value as it may net you more. £1,000 is a lot to spend on a parts build so I assume everything is top quality. Just a thought and good luck with the sale.

[quote name='Nick449' post='976255' date='Oct 3 2010, 06:30 PM']bought separate electrics and pre-amp for the body yes, i've tried to find the site just now but with no success, would it help to take a picture?

changed :)[/quote]

[attachment=60484:PICT1886.JPG]

that was the best picture i could get :/ annoyingly i made the wire so short that thats the maximum you can pull the scratchplate up :/

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='976258' date='Oct 3 2010, 06:32 PM']is it possible to break down the £1000 you spent on this bass?[/quote]

yep, i'll make a list tonight, the only thing i dont know is the electronics, as i said the website has gone now :/

[quote name='kevbass' post='976285' date='Oct 3 2010, 06:55 PM']Were the body and neck actually made in the USA from American wood or just sold to you buy a shop in the USA?[/quote]

body and neck were made in the US from American wood yes :lol:

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='976258' date='Oct 3 2010, 06:32 PM']is it possible to break down the £1000 you spent on this bass?[/quote]

just added the list now :)

[quote name='tomtraubert' post='976314' date='Oct 3 2010, 07:17 PM']you mention a preamp,pic looks like a standard passive cts precision harness.

nice lookin bass.[/quote]

ahh, i wasnt quite sure, thanks :lol:

It did seem like a bit of a lynching or what appeared to be a fairly small mistake, more cheeky than fraudulent.

It would probably be better to sell off this bass in parts. A second hand bass is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and without the f-word, that value will be considerably less than the sum of its parts.

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='978955' date='Oct 5 2010, 10:50 PM']Wow, crazy thread

Good luck with the sale

Tony[/quote]

aha, thanks mate :)

[quote name='Alfie' post='978967' date='Oct 5 2010, 11:12 PM']It did seem like a bit of a lynching or what appeared to be a fairly small mistake, more cheeky than fraudulent.

It would probably be better to sell off this bass in parts. A second hand bass is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and without the f-word, that value will be considerably less than the sum of its parts.[/quote]

hmm, its defiantly an idea, i've had quite abit of interest, so i'll let this run for about a week or so more, but i'll defiantly consider :lol: