Why become a member? ×

Bitsa P-bass REDUCED PRICE!!!

Nick449

[quote name='ElCapitan' post='993044' date='Oct 19 2010, 02:28 AM']And the seller doesn't strike me as a dick.[/quote]

Did someone say he was? If so I certainly agree with you, of course he's not, he's a guy new to the forum who put a lot of cash into a bass and found out the hard way that a self-build isn't a good prospect to sell on. OK, he got a roasting, but not as big a roasting as he would have received in the resultant feedback thread in which the buyer related the substantial difference between what was originally listed (a custom Fender IIRC) and what the bass actually is. As pointed out above, folks were initially genuinely interested, hence the questions. However, the initial terminology and descriptions were way out (and to be honest still are, it's not a 'custom' body for example).

My feeling is that if it's as good as Nick says, he should keep it :)

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='992801' date='Oct 18 2010, 09:38 PM']I'm not about to applaud or argue with your comments but you should appreciate that the description and OP has been altered and amended numerous times; what you say posted atm is not how it started! Not saying right or wrong but we all live and learn. :)[/quote]

Ok, in that case I'd love to see how it all started out, because at times it seemed like a bit of a lynch mob mentality going on here, and I doubt if the original posters intention was to deliberately defraud anyone!

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='992786' date='Oct 18 2010, 09:26 PM']why don't you give it a bash and give us all a review[/quote]

Smart.

[quote name='cameltoe' post='993582' date='Oct 19 2010, 02:37 PM']Ok, in that case I'd love to see how it all started out, because at times it seemed like a bit of a lynch mob mentality going on here, and I doubt if the original posters intention was to deliberately defraud anyone!

Smart.[/quote]
The original title listing was regarding a Fender custom bass (which to be fair the Fender bit was then retracted in the first line of the post) with a parts valuation in excess of £1000. Once this was brought into question it was claimed that the parts were Warmoth and was backed up with prices amounting to the proposed sum. After further probing this claim along with the valuations were later retracted and amended to lesser amounts.

It's easy to fall into the trap of mistakingly believing that Nick was subject to a "lynching" by only reading the edited posts.

He's only guilty of the noob error of bumming up his bass too far... and on a less bass-centric forum it no doubt might have escaped without such scrutiny. Getting to the bottom of this may seem harsh to some but it has been done with civility (and mostly within the bounds of the forum T&Cs) and in his favour, the OP has met it head on. The net result is that we have a truer listing (I still have reservations) which will protect the less well heeled BCers from making a purchase that they might not necessary have made had they been in full possession of the facts and we have all been reminded of where to draw the line regarding flowery FS threads. Is that such a bad thing?

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='993690' date='Oct 19 2010, 03:53 PM']The original title listing was regarding a Fender custom bass (which to be fair the Fender bit was then retracted in the first line of the post) with a parts valuation in excess of £1000. Once this was brought into question it was claimed that the parts were Warmoth and was backed up with prices amounting to the proposed sum. After further probing this claim along with the valuations were later retracted and amended to lesser amounts.

It's easy to fall into the trap of mistakingly believing that Nick was subject to a "lynching" by only reading the edited posts.

He's only guilty of the noob error of bumming up his bass too far... and on a less bass-centric forum it no doubt might have escaped without such scrutiny. Getting to the bottom of this may seem harsh to some but it has been done with civility (and mostly within the bounds of the forum T&Cs) and in his favour, the OP has met it head on. The net result is that we have a truer listing (I still have reservations) which will protect the less well heeled BCers from making a purchase that they might not necessary have made had they been in full possession of the facts and we have all been reminded of where to draw the line regarding flowery FS threads. Is that such a bad thing?[/quote]

Of course not, I just felt it could have been done with a bit more tact, considering the guy is a newbie and a lot of his mistakes seem to be just genuine errors. If he'd have wanted to pull a fast one I imagine he would have scarpered once people started probing and just chucked it on ebay. If he listed prices totalling a figure that was false, and this has since been uncovered then good work all round. I just felt some had been overly harsh and accusatory.

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='994078' date='Oct 19 2010, 08:52 PM']dont get arsey with me, its you that came in with like John Wayne without a clue![/quote]

And you continue to prove my point.

So it's official, now the guy's been more truthful about his thread, you're deciding to have a go at me instead. I was talking generally about the thread, simply questioning some of the comments made towards a newbie (who may not be as knowledgeable about forums, sales on forums or even bass guitars as some of us) and I did so with respect for all concerned. By doing so however, I've attracted your attention and a couple of times now you've decided to try and have a dig at me, which has now resulted in name calling.

If I hadn't made my point intially, you've helped me make it now. If you want to take this argument elsewhere then we can do that.

[quote name='cameltoe' post='994273' date='Oct 19 2010, 11:37 PM']So it's official, now the guy's been more truthful about his thread, you're deciding to have a go at me instead. I was talking generally about the thread, simply questioning some of the comments made towards a newbie (who may not be as knowledgeable about forums, sales on forums or even bass guitars as some of us) and I did so with respect for all concerned. By doing so however, I've attracted your attention and a couple of times now you've decided to try and have a dig at me, which has now resulted in name calling.

If I hadn't made my point intially, you've helped me make it now. If you want to take this argument elsewhere then we can do that.[/quote]

no it's your high and mighty attitude that's annoying, I'm just as diplomatic as others on this site..

You have a pm.

However, you have a pm.

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='994705' date='Oct 20 2010, 12:49 PM']no it's your high and mighty attitude that's annoying, I'm just as diplomatic as others on this site..

You have a pm.

However, you have a pm.[/quote]

High and mighty attitude? Dude what [i]is [/i]your problem?

I had an opinion and I put it forward. I wasn't even the first raise this, if you go through the thread you'll see a couple of other members before me had made the same point I had. Some of the others on this thread who disagreed with me managed to reply to me in a civilised way, pointing out a few things and explaining the situation the way they saw it. End of conversation, no biggie. You however decided to use little digs and name calling to get your point across. Whatever that point is, I still don't even know because you've not bothered to explain yourself. If you think that's dimplomatic then you're way off the mark.

Bear in mind that up til now, I've not said anything derogatory about you. All I've done is try and explain myself and diffuse your comments towards me. It's not really worked though, you just seem more determined to have an argument.

And whats this, a PM? Now you're trying to offer me outside? Yeah I'm going to come up to Glasgow from Cornwall to what, have a fight?

If you call a 'High and Mighty' attitude not lowering myself enough to give you a mouthful, then I guess I've got a high and mighty attitude.

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' post='994906' date='Oct 20 2010, 03:05 PM']We have haggis and bonny wee lassies and a mythical monster and rain :)[/quote]
Hoots mon! :lol:

And for the record I think it would do the community a disservice to close this thread solely because a couple of guys haven't hit it off. If any reported posts were to deleted by the mods then fine. This thread is more than that... it is a lesson in [b]sales[/b] decorum.