Why become a member? ×

Cort RB5

kurcatovium

I just wanted to show you my new bass. It is Cort "Elrick" RB5 and I absolutely love it... This one has been upgraded by previous owner, now features nordstrand pickups and electronics and nicely matched maple knobs.

[url="http://picasaweb.google.cz/ctirad.kovar/CortRB5#"]http://picasaweb.google.cz/ctirad.kovar/CortRB5#[/url]

What do you say?

Edited by kurcatovium

[quote name='Machines' post='964733' date='Sep 22 2010, 06:10 PM']Love the body - not sure about the headstock shape though, other than that - awesome.[/quote]

+1 looks rather like the paddle I was missing as I tried to get out of sh** creek....

:)

Other than that, top looking bass, bet it sounds great with Nordstrands in!

• 1 month later...

I know this will be probably hell of an OT, but GAS is striking. Well, although I really like the sound of the bass, I'm thinking of changing the pickups and/or pre in it (damn you, GAS devil). Not that it sounds bad! The bass sounds really sweet now, but I'm just (stupidly?) after dual coils and hotter output.

Is there anyone who might tell me what are those installed components worth in case I want them sell to raise cash for new purchase?
Pickups are top of the Nordstrand production: custom NJ5SE (which stands for split coils, enamel wire) in soapbar shell, accompanied with Nordstrand 3-band preamp (5 knob: vol, vol, bas, mid, treb + on/off switch).

Thank you for all suggestions!

PS: Or just tell me I'm an idiot and I should rather keep the bass as is.

Edited by kurcatovium

[quote name='kurcatovium' post='1010056' date='Nov 2 2010, 09:16 PM']PS: Or just tell me I'm an idiot and I should rather keep the bass as is.[/quote]

happily! :)

I think it looks rather fetching.

PS obviously can't advise due to limited experience of high grade components but if it sounds "really sweet" now, then why change it? I guess if you think it'll make a difference then go for it.

• 7 months later...

My mind moved and I ordered custom pickups two weeks ago. They are single coils and they should have a bit more aggresive feel in them then current split Nordstrands.
Here they are:

No more info yet, need to install them to find out if they play as good as they look :-)

Edited by kurcatovium

• 1 year later...