Why become a member? ×

SECOND CHANCE OFFER SCAM??

adledman

so this appeared on ebay and i bid more out of curiosity. it sold for £420ish and my last bid was £252 and 4 hours after it finished i get a "second chance offer" at £252! so what happened to all the bids between £252 and £420? as they always say its too good to be true but if payed by paypal then is there still a risk on my behalf?

here is the sale number 120622777850 and did i mention its in thailand?

Thats gorgeous.....

I don't see the problem, with paypal protection and a very specific description can you really go far wrong? If its not what they say it is, you send it back, you get refunded (by them or paypal through dispute)? Yes you'll be £50 down for postage, but i don't think its necessarily a complete no go...

[quote name='Kev' post='959844' date='Sep 17 2010, 07:47 PM']I don't see the problem, with paypal protection and a very specific description can you really go far wrong? If its not what they say it is, you send it back, you get refunded (by them or paypal through dispute)? Yes you'll be £50 down for postage, but i don't think its necessarily a complete no go...[/quote]
Er, it's an American custom-made bass which retails for thousands of pounds. They're selling it for, what, £250?

The text is obviously lifted from a shop's website, it talks about buying multiple items but the seller doesn't have anything else for sale. The terms and conditions even suggest he's selling clothes.

The only paragraph written by the seller -- who has no previous history -- is in poor English while the rest is perfect.

Wait, are you being sarcastic? :)

Cheers

Mark