Why become a member? ×

Leads

theosd

Do a search for the member OBBM and follow the links to his cables page. I've bought about 6 various ones from him and they are top notch. Nothing better around and great value.

try his link at

[url="http://www.bassic.co.uk/"]http://www.bassic.co.uk/[/url]

Edited by Sean

I think OBBM (on this forum) makes guitar leads (amongst other things).

I generally buy a cable that looks meaty & decent, then replace the jack plugs when I break 'em. I never have problems with the cable itself, it's the jacks that take the battering.

Edited by Hit&Run

Another vote for OBBM, I've bought Dave's cables BUT (and this is no reflection on Dave or his construction) I'd think twice about the Neutrik self muters! I got the angled variety and my guitarist got the straight and TBH both of them have a problem with the muting sleeve, as it jams into the body of the jack plug housing. Added to which when the lead is inserted into one of my basses the sprung muting sleeve forces the jack out of the socket, this is as much a problem of my jack socket as the plug but none of my other (non-muting) leads have this issue.

I do reinforce my endorsement of Dave's leads though... this is just an issue with that particular plug!

Edited by warwickhunt

Do Schaller still make leads? The one's with the lifetime guarantee. If so, the one I have was bought back in 1988 and has been used on upwards of 500+ gigs (and probably as many practices) without a crackle and is still going strong despite winding it up like a fool and throwing it into the bottom of my gear bag.

Thanks for your comments and thanks to those who have bought during 2007. I try to offer a good product at a fair price. If anyone ever has a problem with a cable I have supplied through component failure then I will replace it without quibble.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='109543' date='Dec 26 2007, 04:39 PM']I'd think twice about the Neutrik self muters! I got the angled variety and my guitarist got the straight and TBH both of them have a problem with the muting sleeve, as it jams into the body of the jack plug housing. Added to which when the lead is inserted into one of my basses the sprung muting sleeve forces the jack out of the socket, this is as much a problem of my jack socket as the plug but none of my other (non-muting) leads have this issue.[/quote]

I agree with you about the muting connectors. Neutrik admitted that there were problems with an early batch of the straight connectors and I have replaced them for a few people and returned the faulty units to the manufacturers.

I also have some problematic leads of my own with the right-angle type where the barrel sticks. I thought that it was dust or grit getting in there but a quick squirt with WD40 provides only a temporary fix and the problem returns again after a while. There again there are some people who have no problem with them. Very strange. If anyone gets a problem with a Silent jack that I have supplied then send it back with details of the problem. I will either swap it for a new one or for a non-muting jack FOC and take up the matter with Neutrik. BTW the new X-series non-muting right-angle jacks are very nice and somewhat smaller than their predecessors.

As for the jack being pushed out, I would suggest that the spring-loaded tip contact is not locking the jack in place.

[quote name='obbm' post='109575' date='Dec 26 2007, 05:51 PM']Thanks for your comments and thanks to those who have bought during 2007. I try to offer a good product at a fair price. If anyone ever has a problem with a cable I have supplied through component failure then I will replace it without quibble.

I agree with you about the muting connectors. Neutrik admitted that there were problems with an early batch of the straight connectors and I have replaced them for a few people and returned the faulty units to the manufacturers.

I also have some problematic leads of my own with the right-angle type where the barrel sticks. I thought that it was dust or grit getting in there but a quick squirt with WD40 provides only a temporary fix and the problem returns again after a while. There again there are some people who have no problem with them. Very strange. If anyone gets a problem with a Silent jack that I have supplied then send it back with details of the problem. I will either swap it for a new one or for a non-muting jack FOC and take up the matter with Neutrik. BTW the new X-series non-muting right-angle jacks are very nice and somewhat smaller than their predecessors.

As for the jack being pushed out, I would suggest that the spring-loaded tip contact is not locking the jack in place.[/quote]

I appreciate your offer Dave but TBH it isn't worth the postage costs to return stuff to you. You offer a good service and I don't want you to lose out through no fault of your own. I basically plug the muting jack into my amp and the non-muting end goes into my bass... negates the whole muting feature admittedly but the lead still works a treat. I agree about the jack being pushed out but early Warwick barrel jack sockets are notoriously cr*p and I'm still amazed that this particular unit works at all but I'm looking for the ultimate replacement. Any suggestions Dave?