Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='Stan_da_man' post='361444' date='Dec 22 2008, 10:41 PM']So where do you plug your bass in? I'm guessing there would be an on board power amp if the speakers were active. Would you use your bass has the pre amp then?[/quote]
Hi, sorry about the late-ish answer. :)

The Tapco TH-15A is an active loudspeaker. It has a built in power amp, and a three-band EQ with sweep mid. And volume control.
The silly thing is that it only has XLR inputs, so an adapter cable will be needed. I modified mine to have a hybrid jack/XLR connector.
This little thing is dirt cheap compared to the amount of punch it deliveres. Very nice for my savings account.
The 15" woofer is suceptible to over-excursion though, so low bass notes will make it fart. It still has punch though.
And, I don't know if this is an error with my unit, but at low volumes the softest details in the sound dissapears. Very annoying. I'll try to figure out what it is - but it's one of those new-fangeled digital (or class D) amps so I don't know how far I'll get.

Anyway, the short answer is that I just plug my bass directly in the back of this speaker.

[quote name='elros' post='439356' date='Mar 19 2009, 04:02 PM']Hi, sorry about the late-ish answer. :)

The Tapco TH-15A is an active loudspeaker. It has a built in power amp, and a three-band EQ with sweep mid. And volume control.
The silly thing is that it only has XLR inputs, so an adapter cable will be needed. I modified mine to have a hybrid jack/XLR connector.
This little thing is dirt cheap compared to the amount of punch it deliveres. Very nice for my savings account.
The 15" woofer is suceptible to over-excursion though, so low bass notes will make it fart. It still has punch though.
And, I don't know if this is an error with my unit, but at low volumes the softest details in the sound dissapears. Very annoying. I'll try to figure out what it is - but it's one of those new-fangeled digital (or class D) amps so I don't know how far I'll get.

Anyway, the short answer is that I just plug my bass directly in the back of this speaker.[/quote]
Considering it was designed to be run at high gig volumes and to deal with mid frequencies rather than bass, i can't say i'm too surprised :rolleyes: but if it works for you then that's fine

It´s a 1215L with custom measurements.. I got it barely used. The guy didn´t want it, cos it´s twice the height of a normal 1215. I like it fine and it weighs only 20 kg. The cases I make myself. the Korg tuner looks like sh*t imho... I gots to get a black one !! And the 410XLT has to go, too, to make room for a 1212R..

[quote name='tischbein' post='446068' date='Mar 26 2009, 03:08 PM']LeFay Singer IV.... local german bass builder around the corner...
check it out: [url="http://www.lefay.de/"]http://www.lefay.de/[/url]

He builds the most amazing fretless, too.[/quote]

[quote name='ped' post='446160' date='Mar 26 2009, 04:25 PM']I Love LeFay basses.. go on, show us some pics![/quote]

Ever since they reviewed one in the old Bassist mag I've wanted to try one but they are like the proverbial Rocking Horse stuff and most of those I've seen advertised have been 5's and 6's.

My recently downsized rig. Very happy with the sound though! Not as punchy as the old GK, but I can get a few tones I'm happy with, and it doesn't take up much space!

Ernie Ball MusicMan Audiophile HD500 head and SWR Goliath JR III, with Fender Deluxe Active Jazz and modded SX Jazz.

Here's my new TC Electronics Rebel 450 and 2x10 and 2x12 cabs

First time out on Saturday and very pleased with it I was too. Oodles of power and great tone. The cabs are surprisingly light for their power and the amp is very light as well.

Took the '61 P Bass and the Alembic out for run too. Lovely stuff.

[attachment=23041:John__s_bass_rig.jpg]

Enjoy! :)

Edited by urban Bassman