Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='Bernmeister' post='223272' date='Jun 20 2008, 09:47 PM']Here's my current rig:

Which consists of my 3 swr 2x10 cabs, my swr sm400s stereo head,
with my behringer compressor.[/quote]

nice SWR tower :) – do you prefer the 3 2x10 cabs instead of a single 6x10? i suppose your rig is better to chop and change for the circumstances though? small rig for small gigs and add more cabs for larger gigs etc…

[quote name='backwater' date='Jun 20 2008, 09:42 AM']gigged with a peavey 2x15 and head for a while - I got my rig for free from a band I worked with as they couldn't lift it - the 2x15 was referred to as "the wardrobe"![/quote] :huh:

[quote name='johnnylager' post='223402' date='Jun 21 2008, 06:55 AM']Mark IV head - brutal! I had one of these through a Sunn 2x15 and it was awesome, best bass sound I ever had. Why did I sell it?[/quote]
[b]Brutal indeed!..... & You could hide your dead grandmother in that bottom cab![/b]
:) :huh:

Edited by bottomfeed

[quote name='steve-soar' post='224105' date='Jun 22 2008, 12:54 PM']Ooooh, that's nice, how does it sound?[/quote]

I'm Chuffed to bits with it!... it's warm, Phatt, punchy as hell & has a clarity I've never known before.... :)
& oh so very portable!..... (which was the original reason I started looking for a change....)

Edited by bottomfeed

[quote name='steve-soar' post='224279' date='Jun 22 2008, 05:20 PM']That's what a bass rig should look like, as tall as the bassist.[/quote]
...But my GB & Bergs is as tall as me! :huh: ...... if I was a midget it would be! :) :huh:
All that SWR..... [b]monster monster!!![/b] must sound teriffic!.......

[quote name='bottomfeed' post='223399' date='Jun 21 2008, 05:35 AM']Here's the new one!....[b]Genz Benz Neo-Pak & Bergantino AE112's[/b](..with trusty 'Ray)
1st gig with it last night... the affair begins!... :)
[/quote]That looks great, any soundclips?

Yep, a Vigier Passion II custom 6-string from 1991. Never played anything else until I discovered Fbass :)

And yes, my rig is as tall as myself :huh:
It just happened.
First I had a Hartke 3500 with the Goliath 4x10, but I didn't get the deep lows I wanted, so I bought the 1x15
Then someone sold his Mo'Bass and I just couldn't resist. He had used it twice!

On stage I often noticed "noise" through my speakers. Apparently it was caused by the (dimmer) spotlights, so I bought the Phonic PowerConditioner, but that didn't fit in my flightcase (3U for the mo'bass and 1U for the tuner)...well I had to buy a second flightcase

On the other hand.... it took me 15 years to get to this monster :huh:
As mentioned, when I have the money and after I buy myself a Lefay or second Fbass (maple instead of Macassar), I will replace the cabs with a 1x15 and a 2x10 Hevos

Edited by friz

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='223312' date='Jun 20 2008, 09:44 PM']nice SWR tower :huh: – do you prefer the 3 2x10 cabs instead of a single 6x10? i suppose your rig is better to chop and change for the circumstances though? small rig for small gigs and add more cabs for larger gigs etc…[/quote]

Well as you mentioned it gives me the flexibilty of choosing the amount of cabs i need for certain
situations ie: 1, 2 or 3 cabs as necesary & also due to having a small car i wouldn't be able to
fit a 6x10 in my car.

It does sound very clear & clean with plenty of definition :)

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='224449' date='Jun 22 2008, 09:00 PM']That looks great, any soundclips?[/quote]
no, sorry!.... :) ..... might get round to sorting some.... Genz Benz & Bergantino do seem to compliment each other very well though... had a job getting what I wanted out of those cabs before the neo-pak arrived

Edited by bottomfeed

[quote name='bottomfeed' post='223399' date='Jun 21 2008, 05:35 AM']Here's the new one!....[b]Genz Benz Neo-Pak & Bergantino AE112's[/b](..with trusty 'Ray)
1st gig with it last night... the affair begins!... :)
[/quote]

Ooooo errrrr what happened to the ol' Peavey set-up Dave???

Sweet ESP there man, i like the colour on the LTD too, i really want one, any tips on where to get a cheapy one other than the bay? GAK stopped doing them now, they had them REALLY cheap for a while too :)

Also i think those are LEDs because when you zoom in they're red. Unless it's REALLY gothic and he's got eyes in there :huh:

[quote name='budget bassist' post='225388' date='Jun 23 2008, 09:27 PM']Sweet ESP there man, i like the colour on the LTD too, i really want one, any tips on where to get a cheapy one other than the bay? GAK stopped doing them now, they had them REALLY cheap for a while too :)

Also i think those are LEDs because when you zoom in they're red. Unless it's REALLY gothic and he's got eyes in there :huh:[/quote]

Thanks very much!

I've got no idea where to get one cheap as i payed out the nose for it about £600 if i recall (serious GAS)
But if you want an Ltd Viper on the cheap you could always go for the [url="http://www.musik-produktiv.co.uk/ltd-by-esp-viper-viper-54-gs.aspx"]Viper 54[/url]...

If you want a good cheap second hand ESP or one of their associated brands (LTD, Navigator, Edwards, Grassroots) you want to check out [url="http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/ubox.cgi?T=gazo&word=2&or8=32&key=&equal1=&value5=&select5=down&print=40"]Ishibashi U-Box[/url]. There's some particularly tasty basses available at the moment...

[quote name='BigRedX' post='225427' date='Jun 23 2008, 10:09 PM']If you want a good cheap second hand ESP or one of their associated brands (LTD, Navigator, Edwards, Grassroots) you want to check out [url="http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/ubox.cgi?T=gazo&word=2&or8=32&key=&equal1=&value5=&select5=down&print=40"]Ishibashi U-Box[/url]. There's some particularly tasty basses available at the moment...[/quote]

[url="http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/ubox.cgi?T=syosai&sline=2625&print=1&keys2=shibuya%40ishibashi%2Eco%2Ejp&tid=list3"]......................[/url]
Purple burst, quilted maple, F series ESP for about £400 (Mobile currency converter)
It says standard series but thats not a standard Finnish or wood on a Forest and its got a see-thru pickguard and a P/J pickup arrangement... nice

Although there isnt a serial no. or 'ESP' badge on the rear of the headstock...

Edited by Jonny Walker

[quote name='Josh' post='225096' date='Jun 23 2008, 03:37 PM']Ooooo errrrr what happened to the ol' Peavey set-up Dave???[/quote]
Hi Josh..... How you doin?
.... in the process of selling me old Peavey/Trace gear
Genz Benz & Bergantino! ...like Garlic Bread, it's the future! :)

[quote name='Jonny Walker' post='225412' date='Jun 23 2008, 09:54 PM']Thanks very much!

I've got no idea where to get one cheap as i payed out the nose for it about £600 if i recall (serious GAS)
But if you want an Ltd Viper on the cheap you could always go for the [url="http://www.musik-produktiv.co.uk/ltd-by-esp-viper-viper-54-gs.aspx"]Viper 54[/url]...[/quote]
I saw them, they're a bit TOO cheap, if you know what i mean...

And i shall check that out BRX, thanks.
Oh by the way, i saw you on the tram yesterday :) i would have come and said hi but i had my bass on me and didn't fancy smacking all the other passengers with it.