Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

rogerds

[font="Comic Sans MS"]still a newcomer at this..... so if i should breach any etiquette - forgive me and let me know (politely please :) )

took it out for a blast last weekend... reminded me why we have these!
just don't do the gigs for it anymore - so... much as it pains... its got to go

no-one has any money - know the feeling - so now seriously open to trades - maybe a decent Jazz / Jazz style / Jaguar bass ??

worth trying anything if you fancy it - but please don't be offended if what you're offering is not for me!

Its been a workhorse and has the scars to prove it - serial is F0 plus 5 digits so I believe that makes it '80 and, by the looks of it, has spent many of those years being thrown in the backs of transit vans

the plate is Silver (face) but, again, I think that is meaningless with the 135's as they were all silver except for some *later* models (80.. on) which had the Black(face) but were only cosmetically different - the insides were the same
(thats what i was told anyway - and i believe everything i'm told......)

the technical bit..
its got 4 big valves and 3 little ones....
and its heavy

Its no good asking if its original / what are the valves / have bits been changed - all i've done is turned it on, plugged in and played
i've had it several years and its not been serviced, no valves have been changed whilst i've had it - its just worked and pumped out that classic Bassman sound through a variety of cabs

Could be recovered I guess - but that would hide the stories it could tell

If you fancy a trip to the South Coast then come and try it - could probably find coffee or a beer

looking for £399 (lets face it - a better investment than money in a building society these days...)

I'm also looking to move a really nice Ashdown EVO II 500 (the chrome face one) - will list that separately (NOW SOLD)

[/font]

[attachment=58186:bassman_right.jpg]

[attachment=58187:bassman_front_01.jpg]

[attachment=58188:bassman_left.jpg]

[attachment=58189:bassman_middle.jpg]

[attachment=58191:bassman_back_01.jpg]

[attachment=58190:bassman_valves.jpg]

Edited by rogerds

[quote name='rogerds' post='946756' date='Sep 5 2010, 10:31 PM'][font="Comic Sans MS"]still a newcomer at this..... so if i should breach any etiquette - forgive me and let me know (politely please :) )

important decisions have to be made throughout life.... when to get married, when to buy a house, start a family...... and when to sell a Fender Bassman

Its time to move on so it has to go[/quote]

Don't do it man, you WILL regret it. :rolleyes:

I've had mine for over 20 years and have nearly sold it a few times, then i plug it in and remember why i have had it for so long.

[quote name='thebassman' post='947194' date='Sep 6 2010, 01:32 PM']Don't do it man, you WILL regret it. :rolleyes:

I've had mine for over 20 years and have nearly sold it a few times, then i plug it in and remember why i have had it for so long.[/quote]

i know... i know.... i know..... and i so wish you hadn't reminded me :) !

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='947596' date='Sep 6 2010, 08:12 PM']LM250 + £100 from me? Or I could add a pedal or 2 if you're so inclined?[/quote]

hello ?bob?
at another point in time.... maybe.. but not just at the moment - but thanks anyway
i'm really after either one of the TC RH 450 or a 2-channel amp (light & reasonably powerful) so that i can use my cyberbass......
roger

[quote name='rogerds' post='946756' date='Sep 5 2010, 10:31 PM']serial is F0 plus 5 digits so I believe that makes it 79 /80 and, by the looks of it, has spent many of those years being thrown in the backs of transit vans[/quote]
It makes it 1980 from my understanding. Yours looks a lot tidier than mine which is 1978 (the paint does tend to peel around the back from the valve heat) but they are such great amps. They are heavy... I added a flight case to mine & now it is totally unliftable :) That's a great price & I reckon you'll miss it.

[quote name='thebassman' post='947194' date='Sep 6 2010, 01:32 PM']Don't do it man, you WILL regret it. :)

I've had mine for over 20 years and have nearly sold it a few times, then i plug it in and remember why i have had it for so long.[/quote]

Did you sell your 400+, Marten?
I loved that amp.
With the Mesa 4x10, awesome sound!

Matty

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='947741' date='Sep 6 2010, 10:31 PM']It makes it 1980 from my understanding. Yours looks a lot tidier than mine which is 1978 (the paint does tend to peel around the back from the valve heat) but they are such great amps. They are heavy... I added a flight case to mine & now it is totally unliftable :rolleyes: That's a great price & I reckon you'll miss it.[/quote]

stop it!... :)

i know i *will* miss it.... but its time...

its wasted on the stuff i do now (i know... as soon as its gone the gigs'll change s*ds law...)

so it needs to go to someone who'll use and appreciate it....

thanks for the accurate dating

Have another free Bump on another Bassman fan
Great great great amp that will brighten anyone's day to play through it.
So what if it's heavy, we're all bass players here, so we'll be down the chyropractors before 45 yrs old anyway.
Good luck with the sale................and yes, you are of course completely mad to sell this beauty, but you know that already and what's it got to do with me anyway.
No doubt you must have a very good and hopefully musically exciting reason to sell it.

Edited by Bassnut62

[quote name='Bassnut62' post='948530' date='Sep 7 2010, 05:26 PM']Have another free Bump on another Bassman fan
Great great great amp that will brighten anyone's day to play through it.
So what if it's heavy, we're all bass players here, so we'll be down the chyropractors before 45 yrs old anyway.
Good luck with the sale................and yes, you are of course completely mad to sell this beauty, but you know that already and what's it got to do with me anyway.
No doubt you must have a very good and hopefully musically exciting reason to sell it.[/quote]

been to them (chiropractors) already....
but as with anything... if its worth doing you get on and do it - and if that means carrying a bassman... you carry a bassman!
thanks for the comments - roger

[quote name='ShaunB' post='949372' date='Sep 8 2010, 01:01 PM']Highly recommended chap is Roger... just wondering where he's got a hankering for an RH450 from *ahem*[/quote]

all your fault!..... but am having a few second thoughts...
what i really , really need is a light, reasonably powerful 2-channel amp so that i can bring out the cyberbass again.....

[quote name='p58' post='950433' date='Sep 9 2010, 11:45 AM']free bump for nice amp.

I owned 76/77 bassman 100, the old silverface. I´m still in love with that amp, superb sound ... only sold it because I needed more powerfull valve amp, but I still miss the bassman.[/quote]
thanks for the bump..... going to give it a blast this w/e - just in case its the last time! :)

[quote name='Matty' post='947821' date='Sep 7 2010, 12:03 AM']Did you sell your 400+, Marten?
I loved that amp.
With the Mesa 4x10, awesome sound!

Matty[/quote]

Yeah i am afraid so, i sold the 400+ and powerhouse and got a M6 carbine 2x12 combo. That is an awesome sounding amp, still weighs a ton, but is far more versatile.

cheers

thebassman