Why become a member? ×

For Sale: Fender USA Precision

melfaso

• 2 weeks later...

Sean - been trying to contact you through your email addresses but no joy. thought i'd try on here to get hold of you in case your spam filters are stopping my emails coming through

ive sent the paypal payment for the bass and delivery as agreed - can you drop me a line to let me know you've got the payment ok and also when you're sending it out to me ?

if you now dont want to sell, its no biggie - just refund my payment to me and that'll be fine - no hard feelings

cheers,

Iain

[quote name='melfaso' post='106424' date='Dec 19 2007, 12:26 PM']For sale:

USA Fender Precision 2005
Black Body/Scratch Plate
Maple Neck

Great Condition

No Pics yet but will try to get some up soon

Looking around £525ish any queries mail me at [email protected][/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='BassManKev' post='112661' date='Jan 2 2008, 11:28 PM']ouch, this could be nasty

but xmas is a busy time, hopefully itl be fine[/quote]

Sorry tale this one.

All i can say is NEVER buy from this joker - the bass finally arrived today and i wish it hadnt. :)

he simply posted it parcelforce in its fender case with an address label on the outside and a couple of bits of brown tape over 2 of the latches. WTF !!!! didnt even bother trying to protect the case with even brown paper... :huh:

RIDICULOUS ;)

the bass itself has a ruddy great chip off the wood near the neck join and the pickups are misaligned - the tone knob fell off as i took it out of the case and well the rest needs a good setup. :huh: its got buckle rash on the back and scratches on the top and bottom. the upper pickup was lodged down and i had to remove it to clean off a lot of what looked like congealed cola on the screws (at least i HOPE to god it was cola! - yuk!!!)

I knew is should have checked more for decent pics before i paid this guy but i didnt - its my fault i know ;) but all i can hope for is the old saying "what goes around comes around" and im sure he'll get his one day.

so - watch yourselves with this bloke and dont make the same mistake as i have by going anywhere near him.

i feel totally gutted and p'd off with myself for being so foolish as to trust him.

i'll stick with this bass as ive got a £500 investment in it now but i reckon ive well overpaid for it

i feel gutted -

I've been noticing people joining BC just to sell gear...

Like an Ad would be their first post; this really isn't good.

Perhaps people should have to be around for a while before posting Ads?

Just a thought...

P.S. - reall sorry about this guy ripping you off.

glad I read this... I was going to try and buy an Aguilar gs210 off him, I must say I just use this site to buy and sell gear, but that's just my bag I guess... I don't have time to join in with discussion most of the time.

so far i've had one excellent transaction in which I sold my Lakland to EBSfreak and I have another pending for completion on sunday.

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='121785' date='Jan 16 2008, 10:08 PM']I've been noticing people joining BC just to sell gear...

Like an Ad would be their first post; this really isn't good.

Perhaps people should have to be around for a while before posting Ads?

Just a thought...

P.S. - reall sorry about this guy ripping you off.[/quote]
+1

Over to the Mods???

P.S. Just a thought but in light of what's happened here, can't this guy's other For Sale post in the Amps, Cabs & Effects forum be closed?

Edited by silverfoxnik

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='121785' date='Jan 16 2008, 10:08 PM']Perhaps people should have to be around for a while before posting Ads?[/quote]
+1

I've had nothing but smooth deals on basschat so far, and I feel a bit defiled when some tw@t like this character rocks the boat. I don't like getting wet.

Maybe only fully fledged members (and higher) should be allowed to trade?

my view guys is that he isnt someone i'd ever trust again. ive had nothing but trouble from him but you make your own minds up on canning his other posts.

and the suggestion on stopping ads till they have been here a while is excellent.

the other bass i bought from a guy on here was superb - a wonderful bloke and transaction - its just this one thats been a world of hurt due to the guy misleading me on pretty much eveything.

I don't think direct newbies should be allowed to sell anything straight after joining...other forums (sorry to mention guitar) have a "50 posts prompt" before you can even go into the classifieds..which feels more like an aniciation.

Sorry to hear what happened man, I do trust everyone on here..and they are very helpful. Altho I dont think I'll trust the guy who sold it to you now.

Hey there guys... just to even out the argument a little bit, by imposing a post limit you'll be limiting the choice available for basses. I believe the more items for sale, the better. The "well-stocked" marketplace we have is a strong selling point of the forum, i.e. 29 out of 48 said they used BC for trading. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10981"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10981[/url]

I mean, take Gumtree for example. It is a bog standard classifieds ad. If a guy posted an ad there like above, I would be a tad suspect. I think we have to remember that though this is a really friendly community down here, but at the end of the day we should treat the classifieds section here just like any other, i.e. friendly but with an air of caution.

So in summary, what happened to this guy was not acceptable, but I do think that placing a limit like this is too strong a step and will limit the choice to innocent buyers as well as harming a large selling point to new members.

Edited by s_u_y_*

It's a shame when soemthing like this happens. Like you guys above I've had nothing but good transactions from fellow BC'ers. Simple checks help obviously, feedback column, post checking, member profile, pictures (a definite must) etc but I guess they can't be foolproof. I haven't 'registerede' on the feedback column personally but I think some sort of feedback rating a la EBay might be worth considering for buyers/sellers

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='121963' date='Jan 17 2008, 09:19 AM']Hey there guys... just to even out the argument a little bit, by imposing a post limit you'll be limiting the choice available for basses. I believe the more items for sale, the better. The "well-stocked" marketplace we have is a strong selling point of the forum, i.e. 29 out of 48 said they used BC for trading. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10981"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10981[/url]

I mean, take Gumtree for example. It is a bog standard classifieds ad. If a guy posted an ad there like above, I would be a tad suspect. I think we have to remember that though this is a really friendly community down here, but at the end of the day we should treat the classifieds section here just like any other, i.e. friendly but with an air of caution.

So in summary, what happened to this guy was not acceptable, but I do think that placing a limit like this is too strong a step and will limit the choice to innocent buyers as well as harming a large selling point to new members.[/quote]

I don't think it's a problem to limit it to people who have been "part of the community" for a while. I don't think it'll limit choice at all. This is not and should never be viewed as a free alternative to eBay. That is its strength - in a community. Forcing people to rack up at least even 10 posts would eliminate fly-by-nighters and scroungers who want to make a quick buck without giving something back, even if all they can give is participation and a bit of banter. You say it would limit choice. I say I wouldn't want the choices that the freedom you're defending affords.