Why become a member? ×

Ken Smith CR5M

kuetsum

Price Drop

New bass is coming, so something have to go.:hyper:

Up for grab is my beloved 1996 Ken Smith CR5M.

Maple core + Flame Maple Wing+matching headstock+Blk hardware.
All original electronics.
Come with gigbag.
it is in very good condition as a 14yrs old bass,
the bass is currently located in Hong Kong.

PM me for the shipping arrangmet.

I am asking for $2050 + shipping.:bassist:

This is the pix i took at home.

Sure the web pix look better

[url="http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n260/kuetsum/Bass/Ken%20Smith%20CR5M/"]http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n260/ku...20Smith%20CR5M/[/url]

check the album link for more pix

Edited by kuetsum

The remote location should have nothing to do with it. Let's not stoop down to the xenophobic level of thinking that everyone on the other side of the world is trying to cheat Westerners.

What made me raise an eyebrow was the ":hyper:" and ":bassist:" bits in the ad. This suggests that it is from another forum.

And it is - a quick Google of "New bass is coming, so something have to go" (as it contains incorrect subject/verb agreement and should stand out) pops up two items - this Basschat ad and one from Talkbass. Same user name and location in both, neither account is newly opened, and 13 positive feedback on TB.

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='939170' date='Aug 29 2010, 08:40 AM']The remote location should have nothing to do with it. Let's not stoop down to the xenophobic level of thinking that everyone on the other side of the world is trying to cheat Westerners.

What made me raise an eyebrow was the ":hyper:" and ":bassist:" bits in the ad. This suggests that it is from another forum.

And it is - a quick Google of "New bass is coming, so something have to go" (as it contains incorrect subject/verb agreement and should stand out) pops up two items - this Basschat ad and one from Talkbass. Same user name and location in both, neither account is newly opened, and 13 positive feedback on TB.[/quote]+1...what a bass..that flame is superb...

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='939170' date='Aug 29 2010, 08:40 AM']The remote location should have nothing to do with it. Let's not stoop down to the xenophobic level of thinking that everyone on the other side of the world is trying to cheat Westerners.[/quote]
I agree, however - the seller has made no previous posts. Would you prefer moderators to show zero interest in potential scammers ? I have currently no reason to suggest kuetsum is dishonest, however his profile has simply enough factors for me to query him (remote location, first post, website pictures). If I am satisfied he is in possession of the basses (and that alone) then I will gladly say so.

I would rather moderators worked out who was a scammer and who was sound based on reasons unlike the one you gave above, thanks for asking. Being in Hong Kong doesn't mean someone might be a scammer, but first post and website pictures do.

I have no problem with the fact that you were suspicious, my problem is with your initial explanation of why you were suspicious.

I say well done, Mods. Thank you for some basic checks or sensible thinking.

It is everyone interests that a little thought goes into these types of things.

If it were me posting in these circs or even as a newbie, with no history, then I would expect to have to convince.. That is part of any sale, IMO, and no offence would be taken on my part.
I hope the poster feels the same.

Anwyay, nice bass and I would like a Ken Smith at some point.

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='939170' date='Aug 29 2010, 08:40 AM']....The remote location should have nothing to do with it. Let's not stoop down to the xenophobic level of thinking that everyone on the other side of the world is trying to cheat Westerners....[/quote]
Maybe you should try decaf!

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='939170' date='Aug 29 2010, 08:40 AM']The remote location should have nothing to do with it. Let's not stoop down to the xenophobic level of thinking that everyone on the other side of the world is trying to cheat Westerners.

And it is - a quick Google of "New bass is coming, so something have to go" (as it contains incorrect subject/verb agreement and should stand out) pops up two items - this Basschat ad and one from Talkbass. Same user name and location in both, neither account is newly opened, and 13 positive feedback on TB.[/quote]

Jimbobttd, thanks for the words.
I am ok with it. He is just doing is work to protect everyone in here.
:rolleyes: I wont take it personal.

":hyper:" and ":bassist:" <<--- I am just too lazy to copy the original and sorry for the
inconvenient.Hope it won't missleading all of you.

and I post it on Talkbass as well to sell it faster, since my bn6 is coming and have to pay the bill soon.

Sorry again for my terrible english.

I would discuss with the admin and follow his instrution,
I dont mind to remove the ad. if I am not qualified in the moment.

:) No scam! yea

P.S. I love Ken Smith's work a lot, the mid is killing.
Unfortunately, I need one more string for up coming project.
I know i will be regret.

Edited by kuetsum

[quote name='Machines' post='939181' date='Aug 29 2010, 09:03 AM']I agree, however - the seller has made no previous posts. Would you prefer moderators to show zero interest in potential scammers ? I have currently no reason to suggest kuetsum is dishonest, however his profile has simply enough factors for me to query him (remote location, first post, website pictures). If I am satisfied he is in possession of the basses (and that alone) then I will gladly say so.[/quote]

To do my best for helping myself out of the situation.

This one should be my first,
Nov 15 2009, 08:34 AM
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/lofiversion/index.php/t63110.html"]http://basschat.co.uk/lofiversion/index.php/t63110.html[/url]

Btw, Do Hong Kong is that really "remote location" for UK?
haahaa I always thought bristish know Hong Kong well envf since HK was it's colony.
anyway, just a minor cultural problem when "east meet west".

No problem, Matt, I happy to do more to assist.

Cheers,
Ken :)

As can be seen from Kuetsum's comprehensive response - all is well :). He has replied to me in PM with some detail that makes me happy that he is not a chancer and has had plenty of history on talkbass. JimBobTTD's opinion on the situation has been duly noted.

Glad everythings cool, i must say that is one of the most gorgeous smiths ive ever seen, that flame is incredible,i want black hardware for mine, i love smiths they just have this great punchy sound that just shines in a band setting, clear as a bell too, bump for the lovely smith - lee

Edited by lee650