Why become a member? ×

SADOWSKY NYC 1993 transparent white. REDUCED PRICE!

jsixties

Truly reluctant sale but I need some funds: My terrific '93 NYC Sadowsky Jazz in a rare and beautiful transparent white finish.
100% original. SN: 1665. Condition is near mint, no marks I can find and no issues of any kind. Perfect set-up with a really low action.
Passive/Active. 9 volts electronics that works flawless.
21 frets. Very lightweight swamp ash body, maple neck and fingerboard, Sadowsky Jazz single coils pickups.
Sadowsky Inox tuners and regulated bridge. Original Sadowsky case included.

I need 2450 euro [b](reduced to 2295 euros/1895 GBP very last price) [/b]via bank wire for this one + shipping (about 80 euros/65 british pounds with a traceable service to any european country from Spain).
It is priced quite below market and also I will throw for me with the bass a very nice leather strap, a brand new DR Sunbeams strings set and a couple of Dunlop Dual straplocks.
Please contact through private message, sorry but absolutely no trades or more discounts in this particular bass.
It's an incredible instrument that it's a joy to play with an amazing punchy and organic tone; great for rock, funk, jazz... whatever. The new owner will love it for sure.

Cheers

Javi

Edited by jsixties

[quote name='jsixties' post='936677' date='Aug 26 2010, 02:18 AM']Sadowsky humcancelling Jazz single coils pickups.[/quote]

Something is not quite right here..... Cracking basses however, I had an identical one from 1995 (just a different colour).

Best of luck with the sale mate

Edited by Apothem

Hi mates, maybe I'm wrong with the hum cancelling issue and they are the classic Sadowsky Jazz Bass single coils, anyway these particular pups don't produce any hum at all. :rolleyes:
regarding the question I bought this bass to a friend in Spain and I love it but too much outgoings these days push me in this line.
By the way... still available after a lot of interest today. :)

[quote name='birdy' post='936865' date='Aug 26 2010, 10:21 AM']Did you get that bass from a guy in the UK (Wales if I remember)?
I had an identical one that I sold via Ebay about 4/5 years ago.

Nice bass![/quote]

Pretty sure that I used to own this one...think it went from me to Birdy. Great bass. .

Edited by dangee

I used to own a Sadowsky very similar to this accept it had a flame maple finish on top. To be honest the older Sadowskys are the ones to have because they have slilmmer necks than the new ones, they dont have that any tapering at the heel (new ones do), they have better bridges and they are light due to the choice of hand picked body woood and not due to the chambered bodys of the new ones.

Id still love a new one though!

Good luck with the sale.

[quote name='jsixties' post='937813' date='Aug 27 2010, 09:07 AM']Thank you guys, indeed it's an incredible bass and as mentioned very lightweight and very easy to play thanks to the slimmer neck.[/quote]
Lovely basses and Javi is a great guy to deal with so no need to worry about buying from overseas.

[quote name='paulie' post='937775' date='Aug 27 2010, 07:30 AM']I used to own a Sadowsky very similar to this accept it had a flame maple finish on top. To be honest the older Sadowskys are the ones to have because they have slilmmer necks than the new ones, they dont have that any tapering at the heel (new ones do), they have better bridges and they are light due to the choice of hand picked body woood and not due to the chambered bodys of the new ones.

Id still love a new one though!

Good luck with the sale.[/quote]

Spot on regarding the newer necks not beeing slim. I purchased a new sadowsky and had to return the neck for a reshape. I would recomend that when ordering a new sadowsky the purchaser should discuss neck proifile issues prior to the instrument beeing shipped. The neck can be shaped pretty much to the same spec as the older Sadowskys. I am now a very happy sadowsky player!!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='molan' post='951703' date='Sep 10 2010, 12:06 PM']I've literally just bought a near identical bass (amazing to see two trans white Sadowsky J's come up for sale in the same week!) and can confirm that they really are very nice indeed :)[/quote]

Can you say how the older Sadowsky compares with the more recent ones?