Why become a member? ×

No more Badass bridges?

neepheid

I have been trying to get my hands on a black Badass V for a project for a while now, was waiting for about a month for stock from one place in the states, they finally gave up waiting for stock and warned me that they had no idea when new stock would arrive. Cool enough, got my refund and toddled across the wibbly wobbly web to WD (UK) and ordered one there. Got a call today saying they only had them left in gold (yuck!) but would try to get one from WD (USA) and told me that Badass (I presume he meant Leo Quan) were stopping making bridges!

I raised an eyebrow at that one. Anyone heard anything similar, or is it a case of chinese whispers (probably on my part)?

I'd be surprised if they were discontinued, especially as they are stock item on a few fender models. If the Leo Quan company do cease production, I'm sure sure a new licensed version (or even an unlicensed copy) would be made by someone else.

Perhaps certain finishes that are no longer being made :)

There's nothing on [url="http://www.leoquan.com"]http://www.leoquan.com[/url] about this, but that site doesn't seem to have been updated for a while.

I'd be lost without my Leo Quan bridges! I've got them on both my basses and they make a massive difference to the sound, compared to the flimsy stock Fender bridges the clarity and sustain is amazing. I know the black bridges are getting harder and harder to find. But if they do discontinue them for whatever reason, I'll be straight on eBay buying up as many as I can.

[quote name='neepheid' post='104385' date='Dec 14 2007, 04:50 PM']I have been trying to get my hands on a black Badass V for a project for a while now, was waiting for about a month for stock from one place in the states, they finally gave up waiting for stock and warned me that they had no idea when new stock would arrive. Cool enough, got my refund and toddled across the wibbly wobbly web to WD (UK) and ordered one there. Got a call today saying they only had them left in gold (yuck!) but would try to get one from WD (USA) and told me that Badass (I presume he meant Leo Quan) were stopping making bridges!

I raised an eyebrow at that one. Anyone heard anything similar, or is it a case of chinese whispers (probably on my part)?[/quote]

Hey Guys

I'm talking to Modulus this evening who fit zillions of Badass II bridges to our Flea 4s so I'll be able to check this out and get a bona fide answer for you.

Ciao

Ian

Even if Leo Quan was going out of business, I doubt that would be the end of the Badass - as well as being a massively popular retrofit bridge, it's now a standard part on numerous production basses, including several Fenders. The design would be licensed out & produced elsewhere.

Jon.

[quote name='MB1' post='105503' date='Dec 17 2007, 07:14 PM']MB1. :)

Does this mean due to a change in management Badass could become Goodass? :huh:[/quote]

Or maybe they'll make an extra chunky heavy duty one and call it "PhatAss" ?

They're missing all these commercial opportunities here.