Why become a member? ×

70s Precision

Low End Bee

Down in the West Country this week. I've just seen a rather nice Precision with an S76 prefix serial number. It's black with a black scratchplate and a maple neck. Not too heavy. All original apparently and only missing the tin covers. It maybe needs a fret skimming but felt and played really nicely. The paintwork is very clean with the finish intact and just the odd small dent. It's up for £995. Is this a reasonable price?

[quote name='Low End Bee' post='927758' date='Aug 17 2010, 05:14 PM']Down in the West Country this week. I've just seen a rather nice Precision with an S76 prefix serial number. It's black with a black scratchplate and a maple neck. Not too heavy. All original apparently and only missing the tin covers. It maybe needs a fret skimming but felt and played really nicely. The paintwork is very clean with the finish intact and just the odd small dent. It's up for £995. Is this a reasonable price?[/quote]
I dont beleive it!!!!!!

Check the bugger out....its cheap

[quote name='Low End Bee' post='927758' date='Aug 17 2010, 05:14 PM']Down in the West Country this week. I've just seen a rather nice Precision with an S76 prefix serial number. It's black with a black scratchplate and a maple neck. Not too heavy. All original apparently and only missing the tin covers. It maybe needs a fret skimming but felt and played really nicely. The paintwork is very clean with the finish intact and just the odd small dent. It's up for £995. Is this a reasonable price?[/quote]
I dont beleive it!!!!!!

Check the bugger out....its cheap

a 70´s black on black maple P Bass?
my dream bass!
Price seems very good, provided that she´s all original and in good overall condition.

I have three 78´s and am currently considering one in New Zealand-my mate´s looking into it for me.
Its been refinished in LBP and has Duncan SPB-3´s in it (my favourite pickups!) guy wants around 650 pounds for it (original pups and case included)
I think thats about right (and if I go through with it, I wont have to go through bringing one with me!)

edit: Cheers Clarky! :)

Edited by basshead56

I'd say that's a reasonable deal. I'd take it to bits and make sure it's all there. These used to be £550 every day of the week a few years ago. Ahh the basses I bought and sold at silly prices. What was I thinking?

Post some pics when you buy it (which you will I reckon!)

careful guys
if it's genuine and a good one, it sounds too good to be true.
if it's genuine but a bad one, it'll only break your heart.
........but it just might be genuine, good and going cheap
now where did i put my employer's cheque book?!!!