Why become a member? ×

my church fender precision (decided to be kept at church now)

nathan bossoh

well, my church might be possibly looking to sell its fender precision 4 string, its a great bass,, but for me and the other bass player in my church, it just doesnt suit us and our sound and style..

I dont know much about fenders atall but it looks like a good one, its dark green colour and the scratch plate is like dark reddish brown colour.

so its going for £500 if it can get a sale, (until i check how much its really worth by tommorow)

I have pics up of it by tommorow most likely, for if you want to check it out,

i want to get it sold BEFORE THIS FRIDAY because with the money, i will be buying a ken smith burner 5 for myself and then sending my Ibanez BTB 5 string to church to be the main bass there instead.

so if any one might be wanting to buy it, its:

for now £500 (until i check how much its really worth by tommorow)

Edited by nathan bossoh

[quote name='nathan bossoh' post='899174' date='Jul 19 2010, 05:43 PM']i want to get it sold BEFORE THIS FRIDAY because with the money, i will be buying a ken smith burner 5 for myself and then sending my Ibanez BTB 5 string to church to be the main bass there instead.[/quote]

what kinda retail would you get on your Ibanez BTB???

why not just use the money from the churches P-bass to buy them a bass???

[quote name='nathan bossoh' post='899174' date='Jul 19 2010, 05:43 PM']well, my church might be possibly looking to sell its fender precision 4 string, its a great bass,, but for me and the other bass player in my church, it just doesnt suit us and our sound and style..

I dont know much about fenders atall but it looks like a good one, its dark green colour and the scratch plate is like dark reddish brown colour.

so its going for £500 if it can get a sale, (until i check how much its really worth by tommorow)

I have pics up of it by tommorow most likely, for if you want to check it out,

i want to get it sold BEFORE THIS FRIDAY because with the money, i will be buying a ken smith burner 5 for myself and then sending my Ibanez BTB 5 string to church to be the main bass there instead.

so if any one might be wanting to buy it, its:

for now £500 (until i check how much its really worth by tommorow)[/quote]

Wish I'd bought it an hour ago when it was £400... after all it isn't tomorrow yet! :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='899450' date='Jul 19 2010, 09:30 PM']Wish I'd bought it an hour ago when it was £400... after all it isn't tomorrow yet! :)[/quote]

Yeah I saw that, thought I was going mad

What kind of P bass is it, where was it made and when, any pics

[quote name='nathan bossoh' post='899174' date='Jul 19 2010, 05:43 PM']i want to get it sold BEFORE THIS FRIDAY because with the money, i will be buying a ken smith burner 5 for myself and then sending my Ibanez BTB 5 string to church to be the main bass there instead.[/quote]

Is this scheme of yours not a tad dishonest for a churchgoer? :)

Well this is random,

Sorry guys it looks like this bass isnt even for sale anymore. The other bass player just called back from my church and decided that we should keep the fender, since he finds it hard right now to play on my ibanez since its a 5 string bass and if i sell the fender, then there will be no 4 strings for him to actually play on.

so it looks like im back to selling my ibanez BTB 5 i have that posted up as well, most likely, but i still need to get it sold before this friday, (although one of my friends did express intrest in the ibanez so maybe he will buy it)

sorry for the trouble. i didnt think he would change his mind.

[quote name='nathan bossoh' post='899475' date='Jul 19 2010, 09:58 PM']Well this is random,

Sorry guys it looks like this bass isnt even for sale anymore. The other bass player just called back from my church and decided that we should keep the fender, since he finds it hard right now to play on my ibanez since its a 5 string bass and if i sell the fender, then there will be no 4 strings for him to actually play on.

so it looks like im back to selling my ibanez BTB 5 i have that posted up as well, most likely, but i still need to get it sold before this friday, (although one of my friends did express intrest in the ibanez so maybe he will buy it)

sorry for the trouble. i didnt think he would change his mind.[/quote]

sounds like divine intervention to me!!

Edited by munkonthehill

[quote name='nathan bossoh' post='899475' date='Jul 19 2010, 09:58 PM']Well this is random,

Sorry guys it looks like this bass isnt even for sale anymore. The other bass player just called back from my church and decided that we should keep the fender, since he finds it hard right now to play on my ibanez since its a 5 string bass and if i sell the fender, then there will be no 4 strings for him to actually play on.[/quote]

Let's hope he doesn't join Basschat/eBay and try and sell it for £600! :)

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='899492' date='Jul 19 2010, 10:10 PM']Let he who is without sin.....[/quote]
It doesn't sound great at face value - sell church precision for £500 and buy bass i have been after for ages and 'donate' an Ibanez that isn't selling for £350 in its place. However there may be a lot more to the story than we know ... Before everyone trashes the guy

i firstly raised the price cos when i was selling it, someone PMed me and said that since i dont know anythn about the bass it could be worth more than iv put it for, so i decided that just incase, id raise it to £500, but then he called anyway and said, we should sell it, (both of us hardly know anything about fenders) but he just decided that a four is easier for him to paly on, so there is no point sellin the four, i should just stick to selling my 5.

and the reason that i have to still sell my ibanez by 5 is becasue the person who im buying the ken smith burner from messaged me to say that someone els is intrested in it as well, and he can only now hold it for me till friday.

so sorry guys.

you can check out my post on my Ibanez BTB 475 bass, there are pics for that when i posted it a couple of weeks ago on here, and it cost less. (but im hoping that my friend will buy it so that i wont have to try sell it here).

again, sorry for the trouble and confusing you all.

[quote name='Clarky' post='899498' date='Jul 19 2010, 10:16 PM']It doesn't sound great at face value - sell church precision for £500 and buy bass i have been after for ages and 'donate' an Ibanez that isn't selling for £350 in its place. However there may be a lot more to the story than we know ... Before everyone trashes the guy[/quote]

too late

[quote name='Clarky' post='899498' date='Jul 19 2010, 10:16 PM']It doesn't sound great at face value - sell church precision for £500 and buy bass i have been after for ages and 'donate' an Ibanez that isn't selling for £350 in its place. However there may be a lot more to the story than we know ... Before everyone trashes the guy[/quote]

MB1. :)
...I've Heard Channel 4 might be interested... if they can find a part for Davina Mccall?.

Edited by MB1

[quote name='nathan bossoh' post='899501' date='Jul 19 2010, 10:19 PM']i firstly raised the price cos when i was selling it, someone PMed me and said that since i dont know anythn about the bass it could be worth more than iv put it for, so i decided that just incase, id raise it to £500, but then he called anyway and said, we should sell it, (both of us hardly know anything about fenders) but he just decided that a four is easier for him to paly on, so there is no point sellin the four, i should just stick to selling my 5.

and the reason that i have to still sell my ibanez by 5 is becasue the person who im buying the ken smith burner from messaged me to say that someone els is intrested in it as well, and he can only now hold it for me till friday.

so sorry guys.

you can check out my post on my Ibanez BTB 475 bass, there are pics for that when i posted it a couple of weeks ago on here, and it cost less. (but im hoping that my friend will buy it so that i wont have to try sell it here).

again, sorry for the trouble and confusing you all.[/quote]

Now I am confused! :)

So the friend you are hoping will buy your Ibanez... is that the same friend from the church? :rolleyes:

BTW don't take the hump; I don't differentiate between bible bashers or angry agnostics. :lol:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='899515' date='Jul 19 2010, 10:28 PM']Now I am confused! :)

So the friend you are hoping will buy your Ibanez... is that the same friend from the church? :rolleyes:

BTW don't take the hump; I don't differentiate between bible bashers or angry agnostics. :lol:[/quote]

no the guy who might want to to buy my ibanez is my friend on facebook who said he might wat to buy it, when i posted it up on facebook on my wall.
he said he might possibly buy it, but then when i was going to sell the fender instead, i was going to tell him that i dont need to sell the ibanez anymore but since i cant sell the fender now, im just going to see if he wants the ibanez still.

thanks.