Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz 75 RI USA

seen this

[url="http://edinburgh.gumtree.com/edinburgh/62/62140162.html"]http://edinburgh.gumtree.com/edinburgh/62/62140162.html[/url]

and am so tempted to ring the guy.... is it a good idea?
Thing is I'm hopefully going to uni to do a masters in sept so I would have to look to sell either this or the warwick as couldnt afford to have both, but so tempted, i think the jazz sound might be the bass sound I have in my head....

thoughts?

oh and if anyone sees this and wants to go for it themselves, do... :)

problem I have in my mind is I think I am would either get it home and go oh well and sell it on.... would i be able to make my money back?
or I would like it, and would have to choose between it and my warwick streamer '91,
part of me prefers the passive sound of my P bass and that the jazz may be the perfect inbetween the P bass and the warwick..... hmm what would you do?

+1
Grea price. I suspect that won't be there long.
Looks identical to the £1k one linked above but I'd still make absolutely sure it's not a Squire VMJ with a knob change and decal swap and where's the orginal bridge?

Edit.. The VMJ doesn't have a bullet trusrod end so I guess it's not. :)

Edited by OldGit

It looks like they are legit [i]photos[/i].

Just make sure you have it in your hands, and it's the exact same bass shown.

If the Serial Number is on the 3-Bolt neck plate, you're seemingly onto a winner - if there is any sign of sanding/refinnishing at the bottom of the neck and no serial visable, walk away.

If you get it for £490, it's a bleedin bargin.

I love mine.

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='895023' date='Jul 14 2010, 08:14 PM']It looks like they are legit [i]photos[/i].

Just make sure you have it in your hands, and it's the exact same bass shown.

If the Serial Number is on the 3-Bolt neck plate, you're seemingly onto a winner - if there is any sign of sanding/refinnishing at the bottom of the neck and no serial visable, walk away.

If you get it for £490, it's a bleedin bargin.

I love mine.[/quote]

you can see the serial on the headstock.......

I am having second thoughts though.... I'm not sure I want to sell my warwick....

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='895057' date='Jul 14 2010, 08:48 PM']Don't sell it then... give it away to me! :)[/quote]

that would be convenient seeing as you're visiting for me giving away that old JV squier!

on the Jazz bass though, it's a good price... but I've been thinking and playing my JV and warwick, and they hit all my bass spots, I don't really have much of a GAS lust. there is space in my heart for a jazz but better when i have more money and am able to get exactly what I want (not a natural coloured one!) and am playing more.
So that given the only reason I would want the jazz at the moment would be to flip on to make a profit and pay my course fees...... all fine except I stuck this up here so someone else could get it!

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='895086' date='Jul 14 2010, 09:06 PM']that would be convenient seeing as you're visiting for me giving away that old JV squier!

on the Jazz bass though, it's a good price... but I've been thinking and playing my JV and warwick, and they hit all my bass spots, I don't really have much of a GAS lust. there is space in my heart for a jazz but better when i have more money and am able to get exactly what I want (not a natural coloured one!) and am playing more.
So that given the only reason I would want the jazz at the moment would be to flip on to make a profit and pay my course fees...... all fine except I stuck this up here so someone else could get it![/quote]

Go look at it, if it's legit eBay it and enjoy the money, nothing wrong with being selfish once in a while.

Or sell it to me at cost.

Edited by waynepunkdude

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='895090' date='Jul 14 2010, 09:09 PM']Go look at it, if it's legit eBay it and enjoy the money, nothing wrong with being selfish once in a while.

Or sell it to me at cost.[/quote]

hmm well I though i was going out this eve so sent him an email rather than rang, we'll see what he says

:)

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='895090' date='Jul 14 2010, 09:09 PM']Go look at it, if it's legit eBay it and enjoy the money, nothing wrong with being selfish once in a while.

Or sell it to me at cost.[/quote]

hmm well I though i was going out this eve so sent him an email rather than rang, we'll see what he says

:)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='895114' date='Jul 14 2010, 09:36 PM']Look if it helps you out Luke I'll pay you another visit and take the JV off of you... for an appropriate remuneration of course. :rolleyes:[/quote]

hahaha the JV is filed under the "dream bass, oh wow I've never heard anything that sounds this good" so isn't going anywhere!

Honestly I think the only reason I play the warwick is that my regular playing place (its not really a gig) is at church through a ashdown AMD stack, a muddy woolyness, add a P bass that dominates the mids and has a really really fat piano like sound full of harmonics add people doing the PA desk who dont know how to do PA very well means it can be a bit stressfull. The warwick's thinner tone can just cut through without filling much of the mix and is less stressfull. It's the JV's turn this sunday :)

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='895120' date='Jul 14 2010, 09:43 PM']hahaha the JV is filed under the "dream bass, oh wow I've never heard anything that sounds this good" so isn't going anywhere!

Honestly I think the only reason I play the warwick is that my regular playing place (its not really a gig) is at church through a ashdown AMD stack, a muddy woolyness, add a P bass that dominates the mids and has a really really fat piano like sound full of harmonics add people doing the PA desk who dont know how to do PA very well means it can be a bit stressfull. The warwick's thinner tone can just cut through without filling much of the mix and is less stressfull. It's the JV's turn this sunday :)[/quote]

Ah in that case I'll just wait... course fees can be expensive! :rolleyes:

No in all seriousness, you've got a couple of cracking basses and you'll be able to pick up a Jazz once your courses are all done and you have a stonking job!

Re; Serial Number...

Mine is a limited matching matching headstock version, serial number is on neck plate...assume the smaller logo on the standard version allows for a serial number.

My error. Off to read a Fender book to feel better about myself.

I've been keeping my eye on this for a while. It's gone from £1,300 to under £500 in a couple of months

[url="http://edinburgh.gumtree.com/edinburgh/61/57911161.html"]http://edinburgh.gumtree.com/edinburgh/61/57911161.html[/url]

When somethings too good to be true...................?

Watch out.

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='896413' date='Jul 16 2010, 11:46 AM']phew he had already sold it! :)[/quote]

oh no he didn't!!! :rolleyes:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Jazz-Bass-1975-USA-/110560081450?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item19bde4f62a"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Jazz-Bass-197...=item19bde4f62a[/url]

The plot thickens...

(or is this just a coincidence?)

Edited by mrjim