Why become a member? ×

Has your bass playing ever gotten you...

teen t-shirt

... any attention from the ladies??

just curious because my girlfriend always says she loves me playing and thinks i look really good when i play and its one of the first things she liked/noticed/got hit over the head with like a primal cave man/fell in love with about me...

just curious as to wether your plank spanking antics have ever gotten you any attention from the females of our species...

and for the ladies amongst us the same question... but obviously unless you drink out of that tap has it ever gotten you some male attention... (why you would want it i dont know but hey what ever floats your boat)

Comments and stories please...

:)

Edited by teen t-shirt

[quote name='bubinga5' post='890908' date='Jul 9 2010, 10:53 PM']I erm...pulled a guy once when i was asked to play a precision at a party..i layed down Marcus's, 'Run For Cover' with all the frills, while someone played the bongos...trouble is im not gay...[/quote]

oh dear so how did you let him down?? :)

[quote name='bubinga5' post='890908' date='Jul 9 2010, 10:53 PM']I erm...pulled a guy once when i was asked to play a precision at a party..i layed down Marcus's, 'Run For Cover' with all the frills, while someone played the bongos...trouble is im not gay...[/quote]

I know the gay person on this forum :rolleyes:

give me a kiss and i will tell you who it is :)

i would dig it if a girl came up to me and said i love your groove, and note placement..is that a Sei Jazz with Bartolinis....and do i hear the awesome versatility of a John East pre amp within that there lovely wooded custom bass.........fancy a pint?

that there girl would be my wife... :)

I was out with some friends, including a lady who was 'the plan' and pretty much in the bag as it were. Nice lady, but the second glance you give her might not be for the 'right' reason. Her much hotter friend I'd not met before comes up and says to me 'I hear you play bass, what do you have? I've got a washburn.'. Total ah dammit moment. Stuck with the bird in the hand, worked out pretty well for a bit. Still wonder what could have been though.

[quote name='bubinga5' post='890968' date='Jul 9 2010, 11:53 PM']i would dig it if a girl came up to me and said i love your groove, and note placement..is that a Sei Jazz with Bartolinis....and do i hear the awesome versatility of a John East pre amp within that there lovely wooded custom bass.........fancy a pint?[/quote]

That sort of happened to me, except it wasn't a girl, it was this:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=89774"]On an unrelated note, please cast your vote here.[/url]

[quote name='teen t-shirt' post='890893' date='Jul 9 2010, 10:38 PM']... any attention from the ladies??

just curious because my girlfriend always says she loves me playing and thinks i look really good when i play and its one of the first things she liked/noticed/got hit over the head with like a primal cave man/fell in love with about me...

just curious as to wether your plank spanking antics have ever gotten you any attention from the females of our species...

and for the ladies amongst us the same question... but obviously unless you drink out of that tap has it ever gotten you some male attention... (why you would want it i dont know but hey what ever floats your boat)

Comments and stories please...

:)[/quote]
Oh Good Christ.....has it really come to this?

As that great Edinburgh comedian Chick Murray, said ,during his Headmaster portyral during "Gregorys Girl" 1981 (?)

......while playing the Piano....& interuped....by two pupils with a message for him....

"Go Away, small boys"

Oh please, lets not indulge this type of nonsense, unless its renamed "kids say the funniest things"
or ends up moved to some thing like... spottykid.com

Yes, Im being patronising.....but I MEAN it....( thinks again,eerrr .....no, no err no I MEAN it)

ah well enjoy children......

[quote name='witterth' post='890985' date='Jul 10 2010, 12:37 AM']Oh Good Christ.....has it really come to this?

As that great Edinburgh comedian Chick Murray, said ,during his Headmaster portyral during "Gregorys Girl" 1981 (?)

......while playing the Piano....& interuped....by two pupils with a message for him....

"Go Away, small boys"

Oh please, lets not indulge this type of nonsense, unless its renamed "kids say the funniest things"
or ends up moved to some thing like... spottykid.com

Yes, Im being patronising.....but I MEAN it....( thinks again,eerrr .....no, no err no I MEAN it)

ah well enjoy children......[/quote]

what??????? and im not being patronising!

The cool list in the band in order of getting the girl is:
Lead singer
Lead guitarist/Drummer

massive space
The bass player

Anyone else except the keyborad player

huge gap
Keyboard player

There are exceptions to that rule.. (when the bassist is the lead singer) so they are technically the lead singer

I've never gone after girls at gigs at all. I did once invite a girl to come and see my band the following weekend, and we ended up living together for three years, but that's about as far as it goes.

I have asked girlfriends [i]not[/i] to come to my gigs in the past, because I was a bit shy and didn't want them to see me doing something I really cared about in case it was a crap gig, but they thought it was because I was getting groupies. Pretty funny!