Why become a member? ×

Bassplayers in hats.. A sale at our faourite hat store

OldGit

Summer sale at Village Hats....
[url="http://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk/Sale-Hats-CSALE/"]http://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk/Sale-Hats-CSALE/[/url]

Some good stuff for us Bass Players in Hats there...

Stop Press!!!!!

Just chatting to them about a special Bassplayers in Hats discount.
Maybe hold your orders for a few days...

OK here it is

"[b]BASS10[/b] is the discount code. It will work for the next 7 days (expires 14th of July) so act fast. Just a heads up, it will not work on sale items or on our wholesale section."

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='Rich' post='887490' date='Jul 6 2010, 04:28 PM']I already have several gig-hats... but I gotta say, I am rrrrrrreally tempted by that Christy rude-boy trilby...

[/quote]
Oh Yeah!!
& to think I had one years ago but dont know where it went :)

i've never really suited hats except for those beanies with the brim that sits at a scewy angle on your head...

now glasses... :)

i always go for the classics...

if i could find a trilby to fit my huge head then i'd have to be the fat one :rolleyes:

Edited by teen t-shirt

[quote name='teen t-shirt' post='887549' date='Jul 6 2010, 05:25 PM']now glasses... :)

i always go for the classics...

if i could find a trilby to fit my huge head then i'd have to be the fat one :rolleyes:[/quote]
Tesco, of all people, are doing some very nice classic Wayfarer-copy shades for a fiver.

[quote name='Rich' post='887606' date='Jul 6 2010, 06:12 PM']Tesco, of all people, are doing some very nice classic Wayfarer-copy shades for a fiver.[/quote]
Bah! - got to be the real thing. Cheapies don't compare as they have the same old plastic lenses instead of B&L glass in them. My current pair is still as good as new & have lasted ten years so far. I know how old they are as I bought them from the sunglass hut in the World Trade Centre when I was sent on an all-expenses paid fools-errand to New York in 2000.

Stop press.

[size=4][color="#8B0000"]Hold your oders chaps.[/color][/size]

I'm talking to Village Hats about a Basschat special discount code.
I guess it won't apply to sale prices but just in case give me a few days to see if I can got it through quickly.

Cheers
Old Hat Git

[quote name='Alfie' post='887731' date='Jul 6 2010, 08:13 PM']I have been contemplating that bright green fez for a a while, but then Doctor Who started wearing a fez and it put me off.

[/quote]

Oh go for it!
Dr Who's will be forgotten by the time he returns in the glorious Christmas special ...
His got shot by Dr Riverdance or whatever her name is...

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='887629' date='Jul 6 2010, 06:37 PM']Bah! - got to be the real thing. Cheapies don't compare as they have the same old plastic lenses instead of B&L glass in them. My current pair is still as good as new & have lasted ten years so far. I know how old they are as I bought them from the sunglass hut in the World Trade Centre when I was sent on an all-expenses paid fools-errand to New York in 2000.[/quote]
Well sure, I'd love the real thing. But I can't afford the real thing :)
Added to which, there's no way I'd take a pair of real Raybans anywhere near a Destroyers stage :rolleyes:

[quote name='Rich' post='887745' date='Jul 6 2010, 08:25 PM']Well sure, I'd love the real thing. But I can't afford the real thing :)
Added to which, there's no way I'd take a pair of real Raybans anywhere near a Destroyers stage :rolleyes:[/quote]

Yeah! Dangerous stages, those

:lol:

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='887629' date='Jul 6 2010, 06:37 PM']Bah! - got to be the real thing. Cheapies don't compare as they have the same old plastic lenses instead of B&L glass in them. My current pair is still as good as new & have lasted ten years so far. I know how old they are as I bought them from the sunglass hut in the World Trade Centre when I was sent on an all-expenses paid fools-errand to New York in 2000.[/quote]

you'll be happy to hear i to have original pair and i hope they last me aslong as your have... i love wearing them and getting into a groove i just feel so cool :) :lol: :rolleyes:

Having skirted the issue for some time I finally caved and bought one a couple of weeks ago and gigged it last weekend. Fortunately there were no photographers present. It's made of leather, someone in the audience said I looked like Roger Glover in the early 70's. I can live with that ^_^

There is a number of hats I could cheerfully shell out for there. But, that said, I am off (with Mrs Bass Culture) to the Latitude Festival next week; when we went last year I returned with my black leather trilby, which has been known to make an appearance with The Trigger Fingers from time to time. Definitely need to try before you buy though - I was quite heartbrokken when I saw how badly the tartan pork pie hat I had designs on suited me!

The Basschat Special Bassplayers In Hats discount at [url="http://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk/"]Village Hats[/url] is
[size=4][color="#FF0000"]BASS10[/color][/size] It will work for the next 7 days ([color="#FF0000"]expires 14th of July[/color]) so act fast.

Very nice of them eh?

T's & C's: It will not work on sale items or on their wholesale section. Fair enough