Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New Jamiroquai Song

davidmpires

cant say i dont miss that band.
try this link so you can see paul better haha
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujKYnIraGgQ&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujKYnIraGgQ...feature=related[/url]

Man, I love jamiroquai. Zender is the reason i switched to bass... The first two albums are classics and I used to live on their music. But this is a pretty tepid song for a band who are supposedly 'free' from the shackles of big label dictatorship.. I think JK is a very very clever guy and they ARE a great band, but why has this song happened?! (IMO - of course!)

Edited by fingerz

[quote name='fingerz' post='887130' date='Jul 6 2010, 11:33 AM']Man, I love jamiroquai. Zender is the reason i switched to bass... The first two albums are classics and I used to live on their music. But this is a pretty tepid song for a band who are supposedly 'free' from the shackles of big label dictatorship.. I think JK is a very very clever guy and they ARE a great band, but why has this song happened?! (IMO - of course!)[/quote]

Can you be more specific? Why this song happened? Because they have a new album coming out and this was a teaser for the fans.

As much as I love Zender, I have to admit that Paul has been doing a fine job and I'm looking forward to hear his stuff on the new album. Plus he uses AC

[quote name='davidmpires' post='887155' date='Jul 6 2010, 12:04 PM']Can you be more specific? Why this song happened? Because they have a new album coming out and this was a teaser for the fans.

As much as I love Zender, I have to admit that Paul has been doing a fine job and I'm looking forward to hear his stuff on the new album. Plus he uses AC[/quote]

What I mean is that I feel there is so much more potential than this. i don't mean to offend you. I look forward to the album too as a fan, and based on the band as a whole, only wish to support what they do/have done. They have the ability to do epic songs, and hope there are some on the album.

I want to make clear that I am not comparing Zender to Paul Turner (Sounds like you think I am, so wanna clarify cos I hate that thing where players get played off against each other). Paul Turner is a bad ass, and nice guy. I meant that the band is what got me to pick up the bass when I did, years ago, and have transcribed every note since! (the fact Paul uses AC is besides the point! - He gets a great sound out of his basses though, wow!)

Edited by fingerz

[quote name='fingerz' post='887173' date='Jul 6 2010, 12:21 PM']What I mean is that I feel there is so much more potential than this. i don't mean to offend you. I look forward to the album too as a fan, and based on the band as a whole, only wish to support what they do/have done. They have the ability to do epic songs, and hope there are some on the album.

I want to make clear that I am not comparing Zender to Paul Turner. Paul Turner is a bad ass, and nice guy. I meant that the band is what got me to pick up the bass when I did, years ago, and have transcribed every note since! (the fact Paul uses AC is besides the point! IMO - He gets a great sound out of his basses though, wow!)[/quote]

I'm not offended at all, I genuinely wanted to know what you mean and the AC thing was a joke.

This could be a great single me thinks it shows some natural evolution.

I'm a massive Jamiroquai fan, from old to new but I have to say that this could be the weakest thing that they've ever recorded IMO. I hope the rest of the album isn't like this!

On the plus side this is still better than some bands "best" stuff...

I really liked it, standard pop song which feels very relaxing and natural on the ear. I think this fits in with modern times more than their old 90's and naughties stuff. Only thing is with crap like "GayLS" in the charts how can any decent band fit in anymore.

Still i liked it and im sure the new album will have lots of different styles to suit everyone. It was interesting that at Hard rock calling 60% of the set was old 90's songs, maybe a sign.

Have to say that I was really looking forward to hearing some new stuff from the band particularly as they blamed the record company for some of their more commercial work over the last few years. However I think that this track is really bad.

Admittedly it is not a great mix that I can hear but to me there just isn't any funk anymore!

Jamiroquai's early stuff had a groove and a vibe all of it's own and when I saw them at Hyde Park recently and they played some old stuff it still has it but this just does nothing for me at all.

I think the problem is with the guitarist - he just sounds to poppy/souly and not funky enough.

Think I will opt for the illegal download when it comes out rather than waste £10 on that dross. Mind you doubt that Mr Kay will worry about that as he has done quite nicely thank you very much already!

Anyone looking for modern funk should check out The Haggis Horns as they have just released a new album called Keep on Movin and it is excellent.

Good point - just shows that a band and it's sound is never just one person. The first two three albums must have had a strong influence from Smith and Zender. In fact come to think of it I am sure that Stuart Zender said that JK was into dance music when they met and it was him and Smith that got him into 70's funk.

All kind of makes sense now!

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='888227' date='Jul 7 2010, 11:30 AM']The talent pool finally dried up when Toby Smith left. Nearly 10 years ago now.[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='888235' date='Jul 7 2010, 11:39 AM']Good point - just shows that a band and it's sound is never just one person. The first two three albums must have had a strong influence from Smith and Zender. In fact come to think of it I am sure that Stuart Zender said that JK was into dance music when they met and it was him and Smith that got him into 70's funk.

All kind of makes sense now![/quote]

The old days. I love the bass on this tune.. hmmmmmm

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ACSbsV3y8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ACSbsV3y8[/url]

Bring it back.. maybe I'll just have to listen to the old stuff.

Edited by algmusic