Why become a member? ×

New Jamiroquai Song

davidmpires

Not my favourite Jamiroquai tune but still a good 'un.

I still really love the bassline on If I like it I just Do it from EOPE and also the Rhodes solo in Music of The Mind 17 years on and it still makes the hairs tingle on the back of my neck!

[quote name='algmusic' post='888243' date='Jul 7 2010, 11:47 AM']The old days. I love the bass on this tune.. hmmmmmm

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ACSbsV3y8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ACSbsV3y8[/url]

Bring it back.. maybe I'll just have to listen to the old stuff.[/quote]

I won't base my opinion on the video, I'd like to hear the actual record first. Love Jamiroquai, Zender was one of the reasons I got into bass but having met Paul Turner (albeit briefly), I'm completely enamoured with his playing... what a sick bassist! Looking forward to hearing the new album.

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='888069' date='Jul 7 2010, 07:59 AM']Anyone looking for modern funk should check out The Haggis Horns as they have just released a new album called Keep on Movin and it is excellent.[/quote]
Funnily enough, the current horn section is comprised of two members of the Haggis Horns.

While this song doesn't really do it for me, I have good reason to believe it's not indicative of the rest of the album.

In that case they should give Mr Kay some tips on songwriting!

[quote name='Huwberry' post='889382' date='Jul 8 2010, 11:38 AM']Funnily enough, the current horn section is comprised of two members of the Haggis Horns.

While this song doesn't really do it for me, I have good reason to believe it's not indicative of the rest of the album.[/quote]

Its a decent tune IMO, admittedly not the groovy stuff i got into the band with but its a million miles better than most of the sh*t that pervades the charts these days. I also have met Mr Turner, and Derrick, and Rob at a clinic / Q&A they did in Great Yarmouth (yes really lol) and they were top top guys and I wish them every success. They can certainly play...