Why become a member? ×

Warwick CS NT Thumb Bass 5 String £550 Today Only!!

Josh

I've had a good run with this bass, time for it to move on.

Many of you might have seen this when Joe(TDM) first bought it from Ebay and subsequently moved it on himself, so this is old news to some of you, but I think the story behind this bass (Please feel free to correct me Joe :)) is that it was commissioned by a Glam rock/metal bassist a few years ago (2003-2006?), so it is as such, a bit road worn and personalised to a degree.

There were some minor issues with this bass when Joe received it, those included: Loose nut, horrid metal hoop strap locks and the truss rod need some adjusting. Those problems were fixed up by John Shuker prior to doing the deal with Joe. The paint work of course is itself a minor issue or a major issue, depending on your outlook on life :rolleyes: but the neck has been stripped of any paint and sanded down and is perfectly playable. The body coat however is pretty much 88% still intact and looks good, but there are some cracks on the paint work around the controls and the neck joint on the back seemed to be somewhat of a hack-job, but as such does not affect the bass itself at all, in fact it is a good candidate for a refinish as the natural bubinga body is just underneath and is visible through the cracked paint. All shall be made clear in the pictures below.
[u][b]
Pics:[/b][/u]

Hopefully as you can see, they are not major and in no way affect the playability of this bass at all. All the electronics work absolutely fine and this bass does sound as NT Thumb should IMO and I have only just recently recorded my bands album with it and I have a song as an example of this bass in a mix, and that can be found [url="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/712692/fagjuice.mp3"]Here![/url]

In the flesh this bass is brilliant, it has both the novelty of the LED's and the fact it is a great bass, with a decent bit of mojo to it as well IMO.

If you take away the gloss finish and the LED's it is essentially a NT Thumb 5 string and that's why I traded for it.
[u][b]
Specs:[/b][/u]

- Neck-through-design (hidden neck)
- Bubinga Pommele body
- Ovangkol neck with Ekanga veneer stripes
- Tigerstripe Ebony fingerboard
- Scale length: 34" (long scale)
- 26 frets
- Active MEC J/J pickups
- Active MEC 3-way electronics
- Warwick tuners
- 2-piece Warwick bridge
- Black hardware
- Weight: 4,5 kg

Ideally I'm looking for a trade for a good active 4 or 5 string Jazz bass, but I could be tempted with a Lakland 44/55-02.

Now up for sale, £650 delivered.

This bass will come with the appropriate Allan keys and a padded gig bag.

Thanks all,

Josh.

Edited by Josh

Would you be interested in a straight sale?

BTW Loved the sound clip not at all what my ears were expecting

Pete
[quote name='cgordonfreeman' post='880556' date='Jun 29 2010, 12:48 AM']Any interest in this?

basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=88335[/quote]

Nooooo! cant believe you're selling this already mate, will you ever find the bass of your dreams?! haha :)

Best of luck with the sale/trade! for other bass chatters who dont know josh, he is a great person to deal with.

[quote name='cgordonfreeman' post='880556' date='Jun 29 2010, 12:48 AM']Any interest in this?

basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=88335[/quote]

Thanks for the offer but I'm really only interested in the basses I stated above.

[quote name='Peaty' post='880762' date='Jun 29 2010, 10:58 AM']Would you be interested in a straight sale?

BTW Loved the sound clip not at all what my ears were expecting

Pete[/quote]

I'm yet to see anything that I'd like to sell this bass for so for the meanwhile it's only up for trade.

And thanks man :)

[quote name='throwoff' post='881025' date='Jun 29 2010, 02:55 PM']Was there not some talk of Florin over at the Warwick forums taking this before?[/quote]

Yes there was but I offered Joe my NT Thumb 4 and he went for that :rolleyes:

[quote name='Bill' post='882074' date='Jun 30 2010, 03:47 PM']Nooooo! cant believe you're selling this already mate, will you ever find the bass of your dreams?! haha :lol:

Best of luck with the sale/trade! for other bass chatters who dont know josh, he is a great person to deal with.[/quote]

I doubt it man, I'm probably always going to be changing.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm prob a million miles of the Mark, I'm pretty sure Paul Raven played Warwick towards the end of his career with Killing Joke (before the tour he did with them some years later), and the dates mentioned kinda coincide with Ravens departure from the band... Which could explain him parting with a KJ (Killing Joke) branded bass...

Or maybe I could be a million million miles off the mark!

Either way... I like this!

Bump

• 2 weeks later...

Since being in California for just under a week, I've been able to play on a few Marcus Miller jazz basses and I'm really getting a feel for them so if anyone has one they'd trade I'd happily do so and I can add cash for the right one :)

Bump.

• 2 weeks later...