Why become a member? ×

Stevie Wonder At Glastonbury

Pete Academy

It's bloody awesome, classic songs played by a genius who hasn't aged at all really.....except his walking around?!?!...if thats what floats your boat! lol

And what I love is that musically it isn't perfect, there's the odd timing issue, the odd little missed note etc....that gives it life for me!.

Si

I know he is a genius etc... but it leaves me cold, a bit like ELO or The Eagles. Great for 5 minutes and then the realisation that it's total sh1t.

Can I refer everyone to Neil Young last year to show everyone how it should be done .... with passion, brilliance, dignity and without compromise.

What makes all this even harder to stomach is that Richard Thompson is headlining a smaller stage right now and there is nothing!

Your BBC ... my arse!

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='879351' date='Jun 27 2010, 11:21 PM']It's great but the mix is terrible. No bass whatsoever.[/quote]

Really? I've just been enjoying the bass playing and could hear it perfectly. Maybe more of a reproduction problem than a mix problem?

I'm not a Stevie Wonder fan but I thought it was good stuff.

I hardly see how Stevie is 'compromising' in any way!?. He's been doing his thing, his way for years and years and years....whats wrong with upping the show!?

I could hear the bass perfectly fine, but there was a definite drop in the volume of his synth!
It looks like he was playing a 4x10 Hartke cab (couldn't see the head, probably Hartke), and his bass is a Bossa

Si

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='879348' date='Jun 27 2010, 11:19 PM']I know he is a genius etc... but it leaves me cold, a bit like ELO or The Eagles. Great for 5 minutes and then the realisation that it's total sh1t.

Can I refer everyone to Neil Young last year to show everyone how it should be done .... with passion, brilliance, dignity and without compromise.

What makes all this even harder to stomach is that Richard Thompson is headlining a smaller stage right now and there is nothing!

Your BBC ... my arse![/quote]
Couldn't agree more.

*awaits stoning* :ph34r:

[quote name='Sibob' post='879342' date='Jun 27 2010, 11:04 PM']It's bloody awesome, classic songs played by a genius who hasn't aged at all really.....except his walking around?!?!...if thats what floats your boat! lol

And what I love is that musically it isn't perfect, there's the odd timing issue, the odd little missed note etc....that gives it life for me!.

Si[/quote]

Totally agree....................................he is awesome. :)