Why become a member? ×

Benefits of endorsements

ThomBassmonkey

[quote name='Mog' post='876640' date='Jun 24 2010, 05:27 PM']Ah take it, its Warwick. This time next year you'll have a signature bass. :)[/quote]

Let's be honest,Warwick would make you a signature bass even if you don't,or very rarely
play them. :rolleyes:

I've said my part on the FOR SALE Thread, and I too am not suprised you've been handed a Warwick Endorsement/Sponsership/Direct Sale/Stock Rotation. I believe the company you are getting the goods from should have players that believe in the gear. Have you ever played through a Warwick Amp? Are you sure a ProFet or Tubepath is gonna compete on Build and Sound Quality of your GK? If it goes wrong (and i've heard they do) are Warwick gonna take your amp back to Germany and fix it for you, or send you another? - I don't think so. You'll be down to your local repair tech getting a bill at the end of it.

As far as i'm aware the 2 biggest GK users being Duff McKagan and Flea both purchased their own gear before they were famous and later recieved gear FREE from GK as thanks for their loyalty. Thats the real deal!

Turn round to Warwick and get some cheap strings! :-p

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='876959' date='Jun 24 2010, 10:48 PM']Hang on... this isn't a wind up is it? BBC is that you?[/quote]

[quote name='BigRedX' post='876669' date='Jun 24 2010, 05:50 PM']Of course no-one plays Warwick signature basses, because they are monumentally ugly even by Warwick's design-challenged standards!

(except for the Jack Bruce Cream Reunion sig which by some quirk of fate is fantastic)[/quote]
If you happen to like Thumbs (as I do), then the original Jack Bruce signature Thumb is fine (except that it's got the two-piece bridge and doesn't have the carved headstock rear).

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='875262' date='Jun 23 2010, 12:05 PM']My response is usually, "the loudest f***ing amp I could find [i][b]this month[/b][/i]."[/quote]
Fixed.

[quote name='cetera' post='876500' date='Jun 24 2010, 03:21 PM']One morning at 3am in some Service Station on the way back from a gig we met a Ginsters Rep......
We told him that we survive on their food after gigs & wondered whether we could get an endorsement.... he wasn't impressed! :) :rolleyes:[/quote]
Tidy.

I got sent a few freebies by Lapin Kulta*, is that an endorsement?

*Tasty Finnish lager

Not endorsed by anyone...but I am a walking advert for all Cadbury's & Walkers products.

My 2 pennies worth are as follows:
I've had 3 Pro-Fet amps, they have all had surprisingly warm tones, but all 3 have had a horrible buzz at any decent volume, or crapped out mid gig.
Warwick did repair one which was under warranty, but it had to go back to Germany.
I've also used Warwick 4x10 & 1x15 cabs, and they were good.
I have now settled on Mark bass, as reliability is more important to me as a gigging player.

I would stick with GK if you want to retain a reliable amp.....just ask for a cab or two if you want to get something at a discount price and have an endorsement?

John

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm glad that I decided to talk to GK before accepting the Warwick deal, it's still having the details worked out, but there's a definite offer on the table from them too (which I'm very excited about).

Thanks for the advice guys, it helped keep me a little level headed when a year ago I wasn't even in a band, now I'm having endorsement offers waved under my nose. Ah, crazy days hehe.

The question I ask is...which do you prefere? Your GK or the gear ur getting from company X through Endorsement?
If you like your GK more, then you may be sacrificing your tone and what you know just to be endorsed.
Likewise, if you also love what the company with endorsement is offering then why not.

I jus can't believe my drummer got endorsed by Shine drums!!! He's gettin a £2.5K kit for £950!!!
And all he's doing is trading in his old Tama Rockstar...that's STILL a lot off considering...
I ain't looking for basses or amps...I jus want strings!!! :)

[quote name='Kongo' post='886786' date='Jul 5 2010, 10:37 PM']The question I ask is...which do you prefere? Your GK or the gear ur getting from company X through Endorsement?
If you like your GK more, then you may be sacrificing your tone and what you know just to be endorsed.
Likewise, if you also love what the company with endorsement is offering then why not.

I jus can't believe my drummer got endorsed by Shine drums!!! He's gettin a £2.5K kit for £950!!!
And all he's doing is trading in his old Tama Rockstar...that's STILL a lot off considering...
I ain't looking for basses or amps...I jus want strings!!! :)[/quote]

Well as I said in my last post on this thread, I've got an endorsement offer from GK now, so I'll take the endorsement and keep my gear. :rolleyes: Or upgrade my gear, but keep the GK Artist series theme so it's just the same but bigger. I'll email Warwick once the GK deal's final and see if they want to offer me an instrument endorsement, but I'm happy with my GK for an amp.

Our drummer just got an endorsement by SJC, he's getting a custom made snare to his exact specs for not a lot of money. We're quite lucky too in that I work at a small shop that "endorses" us, so anything they can get, the band can have at cost, which includes all the little bits, plus some bigger stuff too (musicman and G&L basses for example).

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='886871' date='Jul 5 2010, 11:39 PM']Well as I said in my last post on this thread, I've got an endorsement offer from GK now, so I'll take the endorsement and keep my gear. :rolleyes: Or upgrade my gear, but keep the GK Artist series theme so it's just the same but bigger. I'll email Warwick once the GK deal's final and see if they want to offer me an instrument endorsement, but I'm happy with my GK for an amp.

Our drummer just got an endorsement by SJC, he's getting a custom made snare to his exact specs for not a lot of money. We're quite lucky too in that I work at a small shop that "endorses" us, so anything they can get, the band can have at cost, which includes all the little bits, plus some bigger stuff too (musicman and G&L basses for example).[/quote]

Wow that's great news mate! a Win / Win situation indeed.
Enjoy. :)