Why become a member? ×

What's coming up that's exciting?

ThomBassmonkey

Seen a few posts about members' bands getting good gigs/being featured on TV etc.

My band's releasing a single soon with a management company called The Animal Farm which we're pretty excited about, we're going for proper promo with it and trying to use it as a foot in the door. We saw the video for the first time on Wednesday and it's all coming together. Roll on July 2nd! Going for some radio interviews and touring it.

Also got a gig coming up with Streetlight Manifesto who (I'm told, I've never really heard of them, like them though) are/were fairly big coming up in Derby later this year. Should be a good one.

Edited by ThomBassmonkey

Oh, lots of things...

More of the Strictly Come Dancing Tour which I love playing on - Such easy work!

More big band work with the Nick Ross Orchestra, the Len Phillips Big Band & of course, the Jeff Hooper Swing Easy Big Band - I love playing with Jeff's band as he always has the best players around & the arrangements really stretch me to my limits.

We've also got the contract for the Sheffield pro pantomime again this year, so looking forward to five weeks of Peter Pan at Xmas.

Lots of projects in the works at the moment, so lots to write, promote, etc.

And I'll be playing with my old rock trio in July for the first time in about a year and a half. I miss the guys in The PHD. That reminds me, I must buy some earplugs! :)

We've been locked away in rehearsals since March which is killing me but we start the follow up to the last album at the end of the month and from July we have gigs in Sheffield, Manchester, Bristol, London, Newport, Dublin etc etc

For 2011 we are looking at a tv show in Manchester & a US showcase

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='864816' date='Jun 11 2010, 11:54 PM']We've been locked away in rehearsals since March which is killing me but we start the follow up to the last album at the end of the month and from July we have gigs in Sheffield, Manchester, Bristol, London, Newport, Dublin etc etc

For 2011 we are looking at a tv show in Manchester & a US showcase[/quote]

Give me a shout before the Dublin gig, i'll try and get a few heads to tag along with me.

The band I'm in have been on a promo push lately so its radio work etc. Getting some regular airplay in the states at the the mo so fingers crossed.The debut album is getting great reviews from about 90% of the critics we've sent it to, which is nice for a change. European tour for next summers festival season is gathering momentum. Some nice venues booked already. Biggest gig so far this year is with Diamond Head in Cork. Theres a few others that we may be in for also but its 50/50 at the the mo.

Edited by Mog

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='864642' date='Jun 11 2010, 07:45 PM']We've also got the contract for the Sheffield pro pantomime again this year, so looking forward to five weeks of Peter Pan at Xmas.[/quote]

I'm doing Peter Pan in Lichfield this year. Should be good-the Drummer has just been doing the Rat Pack in the West End.

I've also got gig's at the F1 at Silverstone,Belgium,Germany and Italy.

Things are great at the moment,I've got loads of stuff happening...and the vast majority of them are good gigs in
nice places.

[quote name='allighatt0r' post='864757' date='Jun 11 2010, 10:24 PM']No gigs this weekend, but we will be painting the long wheel-base transit band van in the A Team van colours (gloss paint and 2" brushes! Oh yes!). There will be a thread with pictures!!![/quote]

If it were me i probably would have bought about 25 cans of satin black spray paint lolz. It's actually quite easy to get a pretty reasonable looking finish with satin or matt black paint, doesn't take hours of wetsanding either.

Not much happening that's exciting really. I'm going to see one of my friends' bands on wednsday in hull (near where that resteraunt in a railway carriage used to be) which should be relatively fun. Also i made a song yesterday. It was pretty crap though.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='864642' date='Jun 11 2010, 07:45 PM']Jeff Hooper Swing Easy Big Band - I love playing with Jeff's band as he always has the best players around & the arrangements really stretch me to my limits.[/quote]

Didn't realise you were playing with Jeff :) I'm on the promo DVD for that band and have played quite a bit in his trios. Such a great talent.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='864971' date='Jun 12 2010, 10:26 AM']If it were me i probably would have bought about 25 cans of satin black spray paint lolz. It's actually quite easy to get a pretty reasonable looking finish with satin or matt black paint, doesn't take hours of wetsanding either.

Not much happening that's exciting really. I'm going to see one of my friends' bands on wednsday in hull (near where that resteraunt in a railway carriage used to be) which should be relatively fun. Also i made a song yesterday. It was pretty crap though.[/quote]

We're not aiming for reasonable :)

If we can manage to make it look good enough to be recognisable from the other side of a large field, we will have achieved something.