Why become a member? ×

Basses in the Garden

deksawyer

[quote name='Cow' post='866303' date='Jun 13 2010, 07:39 PM']Ooh, go on then :)

[attachment=52161:rick.jpg]
[attachment=52162:pbass.jpg]
[attachment=52163:sub.jpg][/quote]
So thats where Kylie ended up - I'd long forgotten who I sold it to! Still looking good :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='878205' date='Jun 26 2010, 03:27 PM']Sh*t the bed, man... what are you using for straplocks on that Fender? They're like something from Plumb Center! :rolleyes:[/quote]
That would be the industrial strength Ernie ball straplocks. I like something serious as I often want to shove my bass behind my back when playing the keyboard so its gotta be good for that :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='878206' date='Jun 26 2010, 03:29 PM']Very nice Jas. The Sadowsky looks lovely with the chrome cover on[/quote]
Thanks mate, its certainly a posh looker!

[quote name='Legion' post='878210' date='Jun 26 2010, 03:38 PM']That would be the industrial strength Ernie ball straplocks. I like something serious as I often want to shove my bass behind my back when playing the keyboard so its gotta be good for that :)[/quote]
Ah, I haven't seen those actually on an instrument before. They're not messing about, are they? Massive!

[quote name='OldGit' post='878214' date='Jun 26 2010, 03:49 PM']Wow! :rolleyes:

What's the big bum one of the far right of that picture?[/quote]

A very early (1976/77) Spector SB1 bass. One of the first Spectors ever made :)

[quote name='cetera' post='879862' date='Jun 28 2010, 01:42 PM']A very early (1976/77) Spector SB1 bass. One of the first Spectors ever made :)[/quote]

Ah right oh. Rhere's a fretless that shape that turns up at jam sessions round here. I'll have a closer look next time and see if its a Spector..

Okay, I'll play, got these took just before the rain started, phew!

P-bass by the veg patch

Mighty Dave fretless, leaning on a chimenea

Rockinbetter by a BBQ

Recently acquired Hondo on a tree

Pair of Rickenfakers by a plastic table couldn't resist getting a picture of the 2 together.

And my not quite finished/started summer P-project, with Rizla, my build assistant looking on :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='879996' date='Jun 28 2010, 04:01 PM']Ah right oh. Rhere's a fretless that shape that turns up at jam sessions round here. I'll have a closer look next time and see if its a Spector..[/quote]

If it is... try & get a picture - would love to see it :)

[quote name='cetera' post='863371' date='Jun 10 2010, 03:31 PM']Oh go on then.... any excuse :)

[/quote]

Quick question. What are the differently shaped Les Paul guitars. A Dean perhaps?

Here's a few pics in the garden.

Edited by 7string

[quote name='7string' post='880548' date='Jun 29 2010, 12:31 AM']Quick question. What are the differently shaped Les Paul guitars. A Dean perhaps?[/quote]

The white one is a new Washburn Preacher 'Paul Stanley' model.....and the sunburst one is an earlier Silvertone version of the same Paul Stanley design (one of only a limited number that made it off the production line before he shifed his endorsement to Washburn....)

Nice sunny day and my sons sunflower has bloomed.....

first my US Std Jazz:

Next is my Squier Classic Vibe Precision (these are soooo good. The new age JVs I reckon!!)

Ive done several mods to this Squier, including rewire (CTS etc), new plate, Wizard Pups and Fender Reverse Vintage tuners. This is a real player now!!!

Edited by neilb

[quote name='neilb' post='882930' date='Jul 1 2010, 12:58 PM']Nice sunny day and my sons sunflower has bloomed.....

first my US Std Jazz:

Next is my Squier Classic Vibe Precision (these are soooo good. The new age JVs I reckon!!)

Ive done several mods to this Squier, including rewire (CTS etc), new plate, Wizard Pups and Fender Reverse Vintage tuners. This is a real player now!!![/quote]

Nice Classic Vibe, lovely flowers and shame about the grass. Who killed it? :)

[quote name='Dave Vader' post='880003' date='Jun 28 2010, 04:05 PM']
And my not quite finished/started summer P-project, with Rizla, my build assistant looking on :)[/quote]

[i]Dave's efforts in training his dog to "fetch the bass" were not as yet yielding the desired results - Will he run out of complete basses before he runs out of patience...? [/i]

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='883046' date='Jul 1 2010, 03:04 PM'][i]Dave's efforts in training his dog to "fetch the bass" were not as yet yielding the desired results - Will he run out of complete basses before he runs out of patience...? [/i][/quote]

:)

Not as bad as the chewed up brand new necklace we came home to find last night, wife not happy....
Rizla enjoyed it though, and her bass dismantling is coming along nicely

The bass has been around for a few months..but the garden is a new addition. There could be a few of these added over the summer..

[attachment=53589:P1000282.JPG][attachment=53588:P1000285.JPG]

Edit - and here's another already...

[attachment=53603:P1000308.JPG] [attachment=53604:P1000306.JPG]

Edited by BassBod

[quote name='cetera' post='881084' date='Jun 29 2010, 04:10 PM']The white one is a new Washburn Preacher 'Paul Stanley' model.....and the sunburst one is an earlier Silvertone version of the same Paul Stanley design (one of only a limited number that made it off the production line before he shifed his endorsement to Washburn....)[/quote]

Very cool :)