Why become a member? ×

Update Aria SB II Elite FS/FT

cocco

Another one has to go to fund the P-bass. I'm going to be sorry to see it go but needs must unfortunatly. Here we go :(

1983 Aria SB II Elite in Pearl White/Gold hardware
I'm lead to believe the elite series was created for the US Market, simular to the black and gold model as used by Cliff Burton.
It's pretty identical to an SB 900 apart from the neck profile and inlays which are the eye looking ones.

The good bits
All electronics are in top working order.
Neck is straight and true with easy access to all 24 frets.
Neck-thru construction
Action is low and fast
balances nicely on a strap or not.
Recent set up
newish strings

I'm not sure how to sum this bass up tone wise, its very 80s, and it's everything you'd expect from Matsumoku quality wise.

The not so good bits
non original wilkinson tuners
finish has the odd ding but nothing too bad. No extra routes or anything :)
bass is in 9/10 condition

EDIT

Pics via email. Was previously sold by gaf bass 02 on here for less than I'm
re selling for. This is because Ive sorted out some niggles and it has new strings and a case which it didn't before

£300 for cash or I'd be interested in a trade, something japanese would be good, Ibanez Blazer/Roadstar, something explorer shaped maybe? I don't know. I'd like a straight swap or cash my way though

Edited by cocco

• 1 year later...

http://m1106.photobucket.com/albums/ashrome/?pbauth=1_uLEBonVPfaLdh1h3YMYz2WF0oUuDWjdmqqM3HpZRs3Wl7p%2FscAJPVGMCs%2B78kiWhLxqpzs%2F1swEJ55IhNetVUMusBjI%2FCmIMfGsg2cA9wd5piLgeQmclhDv%2FQZ%2B7yqIrI%2Bgk36ROXlN5Syfl41E8LjU0JzO2wQ7Jgxf5l0E%2F3yw%3D pics!

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a bargain this. The non-elite Aria SBs sell for at least 130 quid more on Ebay and lets not even talk about the reissues which are identical apart from being three times more expensive :)

Admin funky bump to the left...cha cha cha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...