Why become a member? ×

Overwater Perception Deluxe

BarnacleBob

For Sale is my 2006 Overwater Perception Deluxe. Very good condition, very light (under 8lbs), neck and frets all good.
2 band EQ gives what was discussed in another thread as a nice polite hi-fi sound, not a 'grunter'! :)

Too many basses, trying to cut back to just the neck-thrus!

Comes with new Warwick Rockcase. Will include delivery to UK mainland in price. Any questions, ask away.

BB

Edited by BarnacleBob

Bump for a true vision of loveliness,if you ever come to devon on your holidays, I'm sure I can find you something to swap for this,love my fretless to bits, unless you're into metal I'd advise anyone looking for a quality instrument to have a go at this, check out the OV website to see what good value it represents, all the best, mike b.

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='844484' date='May 21 2010, 06:40 PM']... 1991 Overwater Perception Deluxe....
Any questions, ask away. BB[/quote]

Q: when did OW start doing these?.... I didn't realise they made them back in 1991

[quote name='eubassix' post='846550' date='May 24 2010, 03:00 PM']Q: when did OW start doing these?.... I didn't realise they made them back in 1991[/quote]

Agreed I would have thought more like 2001 but I spoke to Chris and he said the old ones are like 6 maybe 7 years old

The chap (a professional player) i bought it from said it was a 91 and he had bought it new - the sale was to fund a neck-thru from Chris and Chris seemed to know the chap so I had no reason to question its age.

It is in remarkable condition for nearly 20 yrs old if it is indeed a '91.

Should check the serial number but i cant find it :)

BB

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='846646' date='May 24 2010, 04:51 PM']Should check the serial number but i cant find it :)

BB[/quote]

Inside the control cavity, well on the plastic that covers the control cavity

Edited by tayste_2000

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='846665' date='May 24 2010, 05:11 PM']Inside the control cavity, well on the plastic that covers the control cavity[/quote]

+1, should give you info on the woods, model and date of birth.

Does look good whether it's 19 or 9 years old and £600 is a very good price - I thought I'd sold my Perception deluxe Fretless cheap a few weeks back and it was a bit more than this.

Good luck with the sale BB

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='846665' date='May 24 2010, 05:11 PM']Inside the control cavity, well on the plastic that covers the control cavity[/quote]

91 my arse! :) Signed off by Chris April 2006! I could have sworn I've had it that long! Must have been quite new when i got it which explained its excellent condition! God knows where i got 1991 from - meths is a hell of a drug!

No mention of woods though but I am sure a BCer came to my aid before on this.

So there we are then 4 yr old Perception Deluxe & case 600 clams to your doorstep - current new seem to go between 1300 and 2200

BB

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='846798' date='May 24 2010, 07:41 PM']91 my arse! :rolleyes: Signed off by Chris April 2006! I could have sworn I've had it that long! Must have been quite new when i got it which explained its excellent condition! God knows where i got 1991 from - meths is a hell of a drug!

No mention of woods though but I am sure a BCer came to my aid before on this.

So there we are then 4 yr old Perception Deluxe & case 600 clams to your doorstep - current new seem to go between 1300 and 2200

BB[/quote]

2006 was an awful year for Overwater lots of meths involved I'll give you £200 for it :)

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='846827' date='May 24 2010, 08:19 PM']Nah but would let the Darkstarred Starfire go, not that you'd like that :)[/quote]

Bit of 60's Shortscale niceness? Waaaa-ay too cool for me!

Although my next purchase might be 30.5 inches of Americas finest!

BB

Midweek bump.

Came home today (unexpectedly) and found/caught my 15yr old daughter and her pal playing my basses! Let them off as her pal was actually very good - even more surprising in that she doesnt own a bass, only uses one she has access to at school and doesnt get lessons!

Sadly she couldn't afford 600 clams as she loved this one cos it was so light.

BB

BB

That`s a shameless thing, using your daughter and her pal for a bump, :rolleyes: It`s a lovely looking bass and BB is a great guy to deal with.

I see that the T bass is up for sale. You are just as bad as me!! :)

Jez

Hi -- really dumb question, I know, but... does it have any fret markers on the 'top' side of the neck? The neck looks gorgeous in the pictures, and then I realised that's partly because it has no dots. That might take some getting used to...

cheers

Dave.

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='848988' date='May 26 2010, 10:15 PM']BB

That`s a shameless thing, using your daughter and her pal for a bump, :rolleyes: It`s a lovely looking bass and BB is a great guy to deal with.

I see that the T bass is up for sale. You are just as bad as me!! :)

Jez[/quote]

:lol: Not keen on selling the T-bass (which is why there is no actual sale thread on it) but the new Streamline i bought from Owen means I need the cash and decided cant justify keeping two Statii (?)

BB