Why become a member? ×

Build Diary - RIM Marseer 6 Custom

pantherairsoft

That's looking awesome dude. The back's as good looking as the front.

I really like Robbie's work and every time I look at this it isn't helping my wallet :) Especially with this build going so quickly.

Out of interest what bridge are you going for, Robbie's slotted one, or something more traditional?

Looking fantastic. I was on the latter stages of planning a Marseer build a short while back before a change of circumstances nobbled me (apologies once again Robbie). However I WILL get one done in the not too distant future, as soon as funds allow. I think the Marseer is a stunning design, one of the best I've seen IMO. The fishtail and headstock are lovely touches. Interested to see how the bolt-on neck pans out.

Cheers for the kind words. I'm excited about the Bolt-on as well. To be honestI don't like Thru Necks. I only own Bolt-ons now.I don't know what it is, they just seem to feel better and sound nicer… maybe I'm just fooling myself. Either way I love bolt-ons.

Some fresh pics from Robbie!

Headstock cover cut and mounted…

Neck mounted to body…

This is taking shape in a big way now!

Im off to get married on Saturday and then will be away for 10 days from Monday so I'm looking forward to see where we are at in a fortnight when I'm back (Oh, and I'm looking forward to the wedding as well… obviously!)

Shep

The bridge saddle is unfortunately a little too wide and 'just' hangs over the body as it curves off. It's unfortunate but the marseer is slim with the fishtail and this is 19mm spaced 6 string.

Robbie is however a true professional and rather than trying to fudge it and make it fit, is going to order an 18mm version (Always said I was happy with 19mm OR 18mm) to replace this one.

Very impressed

Edited by pantherairsoft

Shame about the bridge, but great that Robbie's getting a new one in, and I'm not sure that 1mm will make that much difference.

I think the slotted Rim bridge looks really smart, I love all the little touches in Robbies work, the bridge, headstock, way the logo sits in. It's really nice attention to detail that shows he cares about what he's doing.

Hi Guys,

Just to add to what Chris mentioned, we had a little oversight on the length of the bridge unit. Ive just had a reply from Norbert at ets, he is going to have the new bridge plate made this week. It will have the same spacing and i will adjust the saddles to get the 18mm, its 125mm long instead of 140mm. This will sit sweet on the bass.

Cheers,

Robbie.