Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

advice on which bass to keep

4 candles

Howdy

Unfortunatly due to financial reasons I am having to thin out my collection. I am privelleged to currently own 2 fantastic 4string jazz basses one being a sadowsky RV4 and the other being an overwater jazz fitted with sadowsky preamp.

I love both basses equally and apart from the finish, theres not alot to seperate them. Ive owned the overwater longer so there is perhaps a little more sentiment involved.

I really dont wish to part with either but may soon have too, so my question is which one will fetch the highest price and which one would you keep.

Look forward to some advice

Thanks for reading guys and girls

Regards

Mark

yep..can only go on what they look like unless they have sound clips..

I'd be tempted to keep the Overwater over the Sadowsky and I feel maybe more bass for the buck..but I'd have to see them
and even then we have no idea how they sound.

Post a pic...but this seems down to you.

No one else can tell you...but Overwaters (and most UK makes) will always be "worth-less" compared to a respected/known USA instrument. Not really fair, but that seems to be the market, and has been for as long as I've been aware.

There is one obvious exception, but lets not go there again.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='836351' date='May 13 2010, 04:45 PM']Is it a NYC Sadowsky? Excuse me if Ive missed that....[/quote]
Its an RV so its a Metro.. :) would love to see em... thats what we do, drool and then choose!! :rolleyes: the OW sounds interesting with the Sadowsky pre.. what are the pups..does the Sad have VTC..

come on put em up

going blind i would go for the Sadowsky..i know em and i dont know OW's

Edited by bubinga5