Why become a member? ×

Roni Size -- "Reprazent" on Jools Holland '97

Rosh

[quote name='Stag' post='812073' date='Apr 19 2010, 11:34 PM']This is great. I do love New Forms, a lot of people dont quite understand why I do.... since I play rock and like, well, rock mostly. I remember this performance, I learned the line on my fretless.[/quote]

+1 Good sir! - I too am a fan of New Forms!

[quote name='Stag' post='812078' date='Apr 19 2010, 11:39 PM']we should have chunked this out at the mini bass bass earlier with that fretless sound on mah pedal! w00t![/quote]

A mini bass bash you say sir? In quietest of Norfolk??? Surely not! I feel sure that should an occasion have happened there surely would have been photographs? and.... biscuits!!!

It was ace!

[quote name='Stag' post='812083' date='Apr 19 2010, 11:44 PM']lol, a mini bass bash, with a Rick-O-Sound box?

pictures to appear, errr... in a few mins lol[/quote]

A Rick-o-sound Sir??? *I can go on like that for hours* - You know, one of those fine rarities that you don't see attached to Riccies these days? That's the thing legend is made of! Rumour has it frodo himself had one..well.. lived inside one and created the sound with his bare hands!

Sorry, sorry - derailing the thread. I'll stop now. I was just gonna say, that as a predominantly rock / metal fan - I really like New Forms. It reminds me of sitting outside, partying with my mates in the country - good tunes, good drink, good times.

Si Johns is a fantastic player and a bloody nice bloke to boot.

It's well worth checking out some of his other bands (Finger, Federation), especially The Mighty Ging - a jazz/breakbeat/rock/hiphop 'supergroup' made up of the coolest musos in Bristol at the time.

[quote name='TheRev' post='812448' date='Apr 20 2010, 12:30 PM']Si Johns is a fantastic player and a bloody nice bloke to boot.

It's well worth checking out some of his other bands (Finger, Federation), especially The Mighty Ging - a jazz/breakbeat/rock/hiphop 'supergroup' made up of the coolest musos in Bristol at the time.[/quote]

I'm having trouble finding any relevant websites on the above artists, any chance of a few links?

yeah NF great stuff. also from this period the first London Elektricity album has some great upright playing on too

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTffuO3WRq8&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTffuO3WRq8...feature=related[/url]

Both disks of New Forms resides on my iPod too. I have Brown Paper Bag on single too that includes the rap.
Change my life & Jazz are two brilliant songs from the 2nd disk (simple but effective basslines).

I'll get a look for some of St Johns other stuff tomorrow hopefully.

Haha we played this track as a fun encore for a gig and it went down a storm...bonkers!, however i played it on my Corvette not a DB....playing it on a DB must be fun, possibly hard and tiring too i should imagine :)

[quote name='uzzell' post='812808' date='Apr 20 2010, 05:26 PM']I'm having trouble finding any relevant websites on the above artists, any chance of a few links?[/quote]

They were all back in the early/mid 90's so they probably didn't exist on the internet but there's stuff on youtube from the Mighty Ging