Why become a member? ×

Foxtons Porsche for sale!

Just seen that Bruce Foxton is selling his Porsche Boxter on Auto Trader, so if you've got a spare £28K sitting around? :)

Here's a slinky linky:
[url="http://www.autotrader.co.uk/articles/2010/04/cars/porsche/boxter/buy-the-jam-legends-porsche-boxster"]http://www.autotrader.co.uk/articles/2010/...porsche-boxster[/url]

Edited by Tone le Bone

[quote name='chriswilliams666' post='807528' date='Apr 15 2010, 07:38 PM']He rang the shop where i work a couple of days ago, he is currently writing new material with From the Jam! Cool![/quote]
Is that the material he's been 'currently writing' for the last three years which has consisted of one song (not written by Foxton and written in 2008) called Later Day? :)

I'm not sure. All i know is that the lead singer is a regular customer of ours, and they have both purchased recording stuff from us for writing. We'll see i suppose.

[quote name='tombboy' post='807553' date='Apr 15 2010, 08:05 PM']Is that the material he's been 'currently writing' for the last three years which has consisted of one song (not written by Foxton and written in 2008) called Later Day? :)[/quote]

Cool... Russell is a lovely fella, met him on numerous occasions. Hope it comes off. But they need to communicate more to their fanbase, also the way they shafted the majority of their fans on the 'official forum' was nothing short of scandalous!!!

[quote name='Tone le Bone' post='807483' date='Apr 15 2010, 06:50 PM']Just seen that Bruce Foxton is selling his Porsche Boxter on Auto Trader, so if you've got a spare £28K sitting around? :)

Here's a slinky linky:
[url="http://www.autotrader.co.uk/articles/2010/04/cars/porsche/boxter/buy-the-jam-legends-porsche-boxster"]http://www.autotrader.co.uk/articles/2010/...porsche-boxster[/url][/quote]

Doesn't need it any more as he can just go down the tube station at midnight........... me...... coat...... get

[quote name='crez5150' post='808238' date='Apr 16 2010, 11:45 AM']Doesn't need it any more as he can just go down the tube station at midnight........... me...... coat...... get[/quote]

MB1. :)
...Would have thought being in Stiff Little Fingers for 15 years would have got you a "Pocket full of Pretty Green" of some Sort? :rolleyes:

Edited by MB1

[quote name='MB1' post='808262' date='Apr 16 2010, 12:02 PM']MB1. :)
...Would have thought being in Stiff Little Fingers for 15 years would have got you a "Pocket full of Pretty Green" of some Sort? :rolleyes:[/quote]

you would have thought.... but I think he's living on 'Hope Street'........ this could go on for some time

[quote name='crez5150' post='808274' date='Apr 16 2010, 12:08 PM']you would have thought.... but I think he's living on 'Hope Street'........ this could go on for some time[/quote]

MB1. :)
...Wonder what hes doing the "London Traffic " in these days?

[quote name='tombboy' post='807563' date='Apr 15 2010, 08:10 PM']Cool... Russell is a lovely fella, met him on numerous occasions. Hope it comes off. But they need to communicate more to their fanbase, also the way they shafted the majority of their fans on the 'official forum' was nothing short of scandalous!!![/quote]

Why what happened there then ?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='809584' date='Apr 17 2010, 05:08 PM']I heard he was so hard up not so long back that he was living on meal hand-outs from mates; unfortunately most of his mates are in the armed forces so he ended up eatin' rifles... :)[/quote]

Yes times were hard,he almost became A BUM IN WARDOUR ST. :rolleyes:

[quote name='daz' post='809593' date='Apr 17 2010, 05:20 PM']Why what happened there then ?[/quote]
FTJ had quite a hardcore following since Rick and Russell (along with Dave Moore) were known as The Gift and playing pubs etc. Bruce joined, changed their name to 'From The Jam' and the bigger gigs came. Dave left (start of something) and then Rick suddenly announced his departure. Two weeks later, a new forum and webiste were constructed and announced without so much as a 'by your leave' to the old admin team and fans who had been with them since day one. Hung out to dry basically. Totally FTJ's perogative, I know that, but manners and decorum don't cost anything... lack them them costed a lot of fans.