Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie Walkabout Scout 1x12, ext 1x12 cab and gig bag

I'm selling this great rig, I don't gig much now on bass anymore so putting the money into my home studio.
The Walkabout Scout combo contains the Walkabout 300W head. which is removable. The extension is the
1x12 cab. The combo and the cab (both 8 ohms) have passive bass radiators pointing down, this makes it
sound like a much bigger set up, but still tight and punchy - and fat as you like!
Another set up option is to use the head (gig bag included) and the extension only. This is light to carry
and still very powerful.

Links to view Boogie site:http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Bass_Amps/walkabout/WalkaboutScout/WalkScout.htmhttp://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Bass_Amps/walkabout/WalkAbout2.htmlhttp://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Bass_Cabs/ScoutCABS/Scout-1x12-LG.htmhttp://mesa.stores.yahoo.net/bag-walkabout.html

[attachment=45146:806474360_AxSKa_XL.jpg]

All the kit is in very good nick, there are slip covers included.

Asking price # 1,100 UK Pounds

I can arrange delivery at cost, through Hartnoll Guitars Torquay

The Walkabout combo is quite heavy on it's own, but not super heavy (neodynium light weight magnets) - I used it a lot for gigs with no problem.
The extension cab is quite light, so if you take the amp out of the combo (easy 5 minutes with a philips screwdriver - it's meant to
be) - put it in the gigbag and off you go no probs with a lightwieght rig.
This is a massive sound whichever way you do it - I don't think you would get this much bass power out of anything
very much lighter. Put the two together and it's extremely serious!

By the way, the manual in original envelope is included.

Hartnoll (Torquay Devon UK) said shipping in England would be about 40-45 UK pounds...
I will weigh it, and find out exactly on Monday - also take more pics (the condition is excellent
throughout)

So - there you go!

By the way, I got asked about volume - well it's extremely loud! I should say loud enough for metal easy, it will go very mettalic
if you want that, or funk or blues or reggae or anything... it also looks quite surprisingly menacing when stacked up.
Plus - if you live in a city you could sell this for 1,400 pounds or more if you are prepared to wait for the right buyer. It
would be about 2,350 pounds at least to buy new. The slip covers are like 65 quid each to buy seperately.
I'm finishing an album here (The Bat Cave Studio) - need top mastering stuff - hence very good price for quick sale

Edited by Pete Middleton

More photos.
This combo is about 5 yrs old - I have looked closely there is not much wear apart from one of the back lower corners on the
combo is a bit scuffed looking - not something you would see unless you looked specially. The covers look a little better than they
do in the pics, for some reason.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='alexharvay' post='824461' date='Apr 30 2010, 10:04 PM']Who knows, but I'll take the gig bag if your will to sell it separately, Pete?[/quote]

Thanks for the offer, but that's not really gonna help me much.
I think the trouble is being down here in Newton Abbot it's not
exactly Vegas, it's the cities where people have the money/work
for something like this - and those guys can go out and look at the stuff
they might wanna buy - but this guy came down from Cardiff on the train
to buy my Warwick Ltd 5 - and seemed delighted - feeling strong?
I'll meet you with it at the station cafe - you can take it on the train!

Anyway i'm gonna bring the price down to get it going:

1,000 GBP

Insured mainland UK delivery through Hartnoll Guitars add 35 pounds

Cheers!

[quote name='Pete Middleton' post='824493' date='Apr 30 2010, 11:45 PM']Thanks for the offer, but that's not really gonna help me much.
I think the trouble is being down here in Newton Abbot it's not
exactly Vegas, it's the cities where people have the money/work
for something like this - and those guys can go out and look at the stuff
they might wanna buy - but this guy came down from Cardiff on the train
to buy my Warwick Ltd 5 - and seemed delighted - feeling strong?
I'll meet you with it at the station cafe - you can take it on the train!

Anyway i'm gonna bring the price down to get it going:

1,000 GBP

Insured mainland UK delivery through Hartnoll Guitars add 35 pounds

Cheers![/quote]

Pete, are you checking your PMs mate? I'll take it, you have my phone number, can we talk in the morning. Alternatively, PM me and we'll arrange

Cheers

Chris

PS I'll collect

Edited by Beedster

Looks like this whole rig is on its way to Canterbury in the near future. This is going to require some serious moving around of gear (not for the first time let's face it), meaning I'll almost certainly be moving on my Mesa Walkabout head, Bag End S15-D and possibly my Mesa 1516EV, although I'll have to see how the two 12's compare with that before making that particular decision

Happy days though, I've always wanted this combination, and nearly went for it a couple of months back. Shame I'll have to let the Bag End go as it's a great cab but GAS, as we all know only too well, is a cruel mistress

Clarky, I now you'll be along here sooner or later, the whole parallel universe thing is now complete mate!

Chris

Is this new rig of yours 300w into the ext cab Chris or is that 300w into the internal 8ohm? Only just happened upon this but I'd have been interested in it and I'm sure the 300w is just a perception thing but I've now gotten used to the headroom that 500w amps give you!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='824593' date='May 1 2010, 09:21 AM']Is this new rig of yours 300w into the ext cab Chris or is that 300w into the internal 8ohm? Only just happened upon this but I'd have been interested in it and I'm sure the 300w is just a perception thing but I've now gotten used to the headroom that 500w amps give you![/quote]

Hi John
Yep, being 8ohm cabs it's going to be 300w into both at 4ohm (or I guess around 50-75% of that into one cab at 8). When I need headroom I'll use the M-Pulse 600 head into the same two cabs (or possibly into the 1516). Having used the Walkabout and M-Pulse at gigs recently, I can't ever see a gig at which I'll need the M-Pulse going at full tilt, so I think the cabs are safe!
Cheers mate
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='824602' date='May 1 2010, 08:35 AM']Hi John
Yep, being 8ohm cabs it's going to be 300w into both at 4ohm (or I guess around 50-75% of that into one cab at 8). When I need headroom I'll use the M-Pulse 600 head into the same two cabs (or possibly into the 1516). Having used the Walkabout and M-Pulse at gigs recently, I can't ever see a gig at which I'll need the M-Pulse going at full tilt, so I think the cabs are safe!
Cheers mate
Chris[/quote]

Hi Guys,

This rig is now sold (you know who)

Cheers!
Pete

[quote name='Pete Middleton' post='824622' date='May 1 2010, 09:57 AM']Hi Guys,

This rig is now sold (you know who)

Cheers!
Pete[/quote]

Thanks Pete, I've left you a phone message confirming. I'll be in touch once I've sorted my schedule. Have a good weekend

Chris

Congrats Chris, great setup although you will find the combo will be loud enough for small to mid sized venues. But I guess you knew that anyway as you have thw WA head. By the way Norris and Ross McWhirter reckon that not only have you owned more Fenders than any other human being, you are getting there too with Mesa kit!

[quote name='Clarky' post='824677' date='May 1 2010, 11:04 AM']Congrats Chris, great setup although you will find the combo will be loud enough for small to mid sized venues. But I guess you knew that anyway as you have thw WA head. By the way Norris and Ross McWhirter reckon that not only have you owned more Fenders than any other human being, you are getting there too with Mesa kit![/quote]

LOL, fair point mate! It's got a bit stupid recently as the band I joined and upgraded to didn't work out so I'm left with gear that's too loud and too big! As you'd expect, there's a new thread in Amps and Cabs For Sale! I was going to buy this when Pete first listed it about 2 months back but I'd just auditioned for the loud band and I had serious concerns as to whether it would keep up. It's probably worked out a little expensive all things considered, but I think I've got there in the end.

Am I correct in thinking your combo/extension cab is 4ohm? Does the head run OK at 2?

Cheers

Chris