Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mesa Boogie Walkabout Scout 1x12, ext 1x12 cab and gig bag

[quote name='alexharvay' post='824664' date='May 1 2010, 10:52 AM']Happy days.

Beedster, if you don't want the gig bag, I know someone who'll take it...[/quote]

LOL, I'll keep that in mind

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='824688' date='May 1 2010, 11:22 AM']LOL, fair point mate! It's got a bit stupid recently as the band I joined and upgraded to didn't work out so I'm left with gear that's too loud and too big! As you'd expect, there's a new thread in Amps and Cabs For Sale! I was going to buy this when Pete first listed it about 2 months back but I'd just auditioned for the loud band and I had serious concerns as to whether it would keep up. It's probably worked out a little expensive all things considered, but I think I've got there in the end.

Am I correct in thinking your combo/extension cab is 4ohm? Does the head run OK at 2?

Cheers

Chris[/quote]

[quote name='Clarky' post='824695' date='May 1 2010, 11:29 AM']Oops, hamfisted there. No problems running at 2 with extension cab. WoT said that on the Mesa site this has been discussed and noone has had any problems[/quote]

Crikey, I'm never quite sure how this works, but I guess that means the power you're getting from your rig must be close to what I'd get from this one driven by the M-Pulse 600?

[quote name='Beedster' post='824698' date='May 1 2010, 11:32 AM']Crikey, I'm never quite sure how this works, but I guess that means the power you're getting from your rig must be close to what I'd get from this one driven by the M-Pulse 600?[/quote]
Sorry Chris there I get lost - I don't really understand electronics - all I know is that I was told it was OK practically speaking. Maybe best to go on a Mesa forum? Or ask WoT?

[quote name='Clarky' post='824710' date='May 1 2010, 11:51 AM']Sorry Chris there I get lost - I don't really understand electronics - all I know is that I was told it was OK practically speaking. Maybe best to go on a Mesa forum? Or ask WoT?[/quote]
The manual says:

[quote]The optimum speaker load for your WalkAbout is 4 Ohms. You may use a cabinet (s) of a higher rating safely (8 Ohm) with
no degradation in tone, however the amplifi er will not produce its full rated wattage. [b]Minimum load rating is 2 Ohms and while the
WalkAbout will handle this lower load condition - and in fact produce more than its rated power, it is not recommended. Prolonged
use of a 2 Ohm load will cause the power mosfets to run hot causing the protection circuit to trigger and mute the output signal until
such time as the mosfets can return to a safe operating temperature. Avoid using 2 Ohm loads whenever possible.[/b][/quote]
However, on TB people always seem to say the 2 ohms is fine - just don't run it flat out for hours at 2 ohms.

Clarky, are you still selling your extension cab?

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='824791' date='May 1 2010, 01:12 PM']The manual says:

However, on TB people always seem to say the 2 ohms is fine - just don't run it flat out for hours at 2 ohms.

Clarky, are you still selling your extension cab?[/quote]
yep, its still available as I never use it live (my band aren't good/big enough to play the bigger venues!)

here's the original FS thread [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=79252&hl=clarky"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...2&hl=clarky[/url]

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='824791' date='May 1 2010, 01:12 PM']Clarky, are you still selling your extension cab?[/quote]

LOL :) You're almost as bad as me Dave.

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='824792' date='May 1 2010, 01:13 PM']Well done (again) Chris.[/quote]

Cheers mate, just spoken to Pete who sounds like a top bloke, so I'm champing at the bit to get down West!

Chris

[quote name='Clarky' post='824797' date='May 1 2010, 01:21 PM']yep, its still available as I never use it live (my band aren't good/big enough to play the bigger venues!)

here's the original FS thread [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=79252&hl=clarky"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...2&hl=clarky[/url][/quote]
Thanks.

I really would like to take it off your hands - unfortunately I need to (1) raise the cash and (2) find an excuse for Mrs ET. (1) is not necessarily impossible but (2) is affected by the phrase 'No More' which occurred when I arrived home with Chris's 62P. Mind you, the US Deluxe P has since left the building. It's made worse by my son also having four guitars, a mandolin, a banjo, and a Laney combo. Mrs ET says there is no room for her shoes. Unfortunately, she's correct. :)

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='824832' date='May 1 2010, 02:01 PM']Thanks.

I really would like to take it off your hands - unfortunately I need to (1) raise the cash and (2) find an excuse for Mrs ET. (1) is not necessarily impossible but (2) is affected by the phrase 'No More' which occurred when I arrived home with Chris's 62P. Mind you, the US Deluxe P has since left the building. It's made worse by my son also having four guitars, a mandolin, a banjo, and a Laney combo. Mrs ET says there is no room for her shoes. Unfortunately, she's correct. :)[/quote]

Simples

1) Explain basic maths to Mrs ET: (current status +1) -1 = no change. You have not bought any new gear (some Jedi confidence could be useful here).
2) Demonstrate politics in action to the lad. There is clear evidence of a BAA-style monopoly here. Order him to sell some of his gear.

Sorted

[quote name='Beedster' post='824889' date='May 1 2010, 02:55 PM']Simples

1) Explain basic maths to Mrs ET: (current status +1) -1 = no change. You have not bought any new gear (some Jedi confidence could be useful here).
2) Demonstrate politics in action to the lad. There is clear evidence of a BAA-style monopoly here. Order him to sell some of his gear.

Sorted[/quote]
Er ... thanks Chris, I'll bear all of that in mind. :)

[quote name='TPJ' post='824899' date='May 1 2010, 03:07 PM']Chris, is your existing Mesa head a Walkabout head that would fit in a walkabout 12 combo?[/quote]

Hiya mate

Yes, although I think you'd figured that :)

Chris