Why become a member? ×

Info

tom1946

[quote name='tom1946' post='775280' date='Mar 15 2010, 02:50 PM']Yup, USA deluxe, I'm sooo tempted....[/quote]

That looks very much like your lounge carpet Tom... are you sure you haven't been tempted already :)

I've not played one of these (P's aren't really my bag), but they have a great reputation for biiiiiiig tone. I do know a guy that uses one and highly rates it.

P

Can't remember exactly when I got it, sometime in the nineties.

Got it from the Bass Centre in Wapping.

I never wanted a Fender at the time. I had actually lusted after an Allembic for years and finally treated myself to one. Got it home and although I tried, I just couldn't take to it. Got myself in a right old state about it and about a month later travelled back up to Wapping.The Bass Centre were brilliant. They let me exchange it. I tried a whole load of different basses that I liked at that time, (all fancy wood and electronics). As a bit of an after thought I picked up the Fender and quickly realised how good it was. That was it. At the time the last thing I expected to be going home with was a Fender.
It's a joy to play and one of those basses that I just can't walk past without stopping for a play or just a look.

Can't recall the price, maybe about £1,200. I have the receipt somewhere, if I can find it I'll let you know the year and price.

All the best, Gary

Ah, the Fantastic American Deluxe Precision...

And here's mine.
Its a 96/7 Got it for a song. My First American Fender I do believe.
I use it with most of the bands I play with.
Monster of a bass. It's like a Swiss Army Bass-it does it all! :)
Couldn't be happier!

[attachment=44864:am_del.jpg]