Why become a member? ×

Les Evans 4 string Luthier made bass

vmaxblues

What we have here is a light, super slim necked 4 string beauty!

This has been made by Luthier Les Evans based in Liverpool. It has a 7 piece maple and bubinga neck with six set bolt fixing, maple body, schaller hardware, kent armstrong pickups, john east u-retro with passive switch.

The neck is really slim and fast and the tone is superb.

This bass oozes quality and is a joy to play, but I have waaayyyy too many basses currently and this needs to go to a good home.

I am looking for a nice quality fretless in exchange, cash either way

Cheers

Stuart

Here are some pics:

Edited by vmaxblues

[quote name='walplayer' post='757498' date='Feb 25 2010, 07:53 PM']Played this bass ,it's very nice,lovely slim neck

EDIT; Actually i've played two Les Evans basses and they were both quality builds

I have a les evans 6...the build/sound quality is up there with Fodera.....best kept secret in the bass universe...the man is a class builder.[/quote]

This looks gorgeous - especially the neck! Is it the bass that Greeneking was selling in January of last year? I can't access the images in the previous posts but I suspect it's the same instrument. Can you give some indication of condition - any marks, dings, scratches etc. - also, is there a case?

Edited by lozbass

[quote name='lozbass' post='757952' date='Feb 26 2010, 10:30 AM']Is it the bass that Greeneking was selling in January of last year?[/quote]

yup - the very same

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=38161&hl=les+Evans"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;hl=les+Evans[/url]

Edited by fleabag

Looking at that thread it looks like I need to relook at the price, I got this in a trade deal and allowed in the end a lot more on it!

Therefore, I will let it go with a case for £ 500.

Cheers

Stuart

This bass was originally built for me and I can happily attest to the quality, sound and sheer playability of this beauty. The neck is ridiculous - in a good way! If I wasn't now Roscoe-ed up I'd seriously be looking at buying this back. £500 is a steal - seriously. Good luck with the sale.

mark

Cheers Mark for the comments, it's always nice to know the lineage of the instrument.

It is without doubt the easiest neck in the world to play, and I am glad about your comment on price, because this bass is such quality I am starting to think I am underpricing it!