Why become a member? ×

Experience with Eden?

pandathe3

I want to point out firstly that i own an Eden EN400 head, thus far i've had no problems at all and it satisfies all my needs.

Ok, maybe a couple of problems: It was an Ex-Display unit and didn't come with rack ears (Which i desperately need - so if anyone has any going spare you'd be a GREAT GREAT help). Secondly i found the manual a bit less descriptive for my liking, especially about things that are specific to understanding Eden amps, like using the enhance/compressor/distortion. But after a few band practices and messing about i've found my ground with it.

So, minor issues all the same!!

In my quest for rack ears i went into my local shop, that WAS a supplier of Eden. I was told they'd had alot of complaints from the people that had purchased amps from them and the local Eden Rep was coming in to have a chat. I unfortunately wasn't able to go meet the guy, but since that day they now no longer supply Eden!

Yet, i always hear so many great things about them, and i'm personally more happy and had no major issues.

So, present and past Eden users, hows your time been using Eden amplification??

Had a Metro combo & 2x10XL for 8 years, cracking gear if a bit heavy.
Never let me down, blew 1 horn fuse in all that time.
Just, eventually got a bit bored with 'that' authoritive Eden tone ( a bit bass heavy, even when eq'ed ).
Dunno what's going on with the brand these days though? seem to be 'cheapening' the brand name, s'pose they have to appeal to a wider buying public...

As in the Nemesis gear?? Its top quality gear all the same, even at a cheaper price.

They've also released some new compact cabinets the go with the small heads. The have 1x12" and 1x10".

[url="http://www.eden-electronics.com/info/pr/pr_ex110_ex112.asp"]http://www.eden-electronics.com/info/pr/pr_ex110_ex112.asp[/url]

Eden was bought out by US Music in 2002 and since then they've been slowly ruining the brand if you believe everything over at TB. I have a 2006 Nemesis head and it's fantastic so can't really comment, though I do know the QC and customer service have been left a little "loose" over the last few years. That's probably what all the fuss is about...

I played an Eden WT400 traveller plus exclusively from 1999 to 2008, at one time doing three gigs a week. I bought it as I was fed up hawking my SVT around and, at the time, 15lbs for a genuine (i.e. loud) 400 watt amp was a revelation. It has a great sound with a lot of low end thump and never gave me any trouble - changed the preamp valve once and that's it. I still have the amp although in '08 I got a Markbass TA501 because the on board valve compressor is excellent. I have also picked up a TC Electronics RH450 recently, but I will never let the Eden go. IMHO the WT400 was the best sounding amp they ever made and reliability has been faultless - I'm gonna get the old girl out at the next gig now you've reminded me!

Edited by alanbass1