Why become a member? ×

GRAMMA Pads - GROUP BUY!

john_the_bass

Good stuff - if anybody else is interested in one, the prices are pretty good - if you want to know more, drop me a PM.
I wasn't aware that Bass Direct sold these things and had already approached the company that I bought mine from, who have given me a couple of great prices on GRAMMA and Great GRAMMA that they will stick to until the end of Feb.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='741244' date='Feb 10 2010, 05:51 PM']Well ....I went on the site to place my order and realised MM are only 3 miles from where I work so I collected mine this afternoon and saved a bit on the postage. Decent bunch of lads too.

Can't wait to gig on a boomy hollow stage now :)[/quote]

You mean you got EVEN more discount? What side of the Pennines do you live on again? :rolleyes: (I'M JOKING!!!)

Just brought in to all this hype ( :) )and ordered a Gramma, thanks for sorting this out John.

As the majority of my gigs are social clubs i think this will be very useful. Ive been using the platfoam for a while and even that makes a difference so im hoping this will be even better. Plus it will elevate my small rig a bit higher. Bonus.

Great Gramma arrived yesterday. Im quite impressed just by looking at it, especially for £65! Ok its wood and foam, but its well constructed and looks very strong. Its also very light and not as large as I imagined, which is a good thing. Just big enough for large bass rigs...small enough to carry around. Well placed handle as well.

Thanks for arranging the group buy! Rich at Music Matters seems like a top chap to deal with. He responded with emails very quickly and efficiently.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' post='749558' date='Feb 18 2010, 12:33 PM']Great Gramma arrived yesterday. Im quite impressed just by looking at it, especially for £65! Ok its wood and foam, but its well constructed and looks very strong. Its also very light and not as large as I imagined, which is a good thing. Just big enough for large bass rigs...small enough to carry around. Well placed handle as well.

Thanks for arranging the group buy! Rich at Music Matters seems like a top chap to deal with. He responded with emails very quickly and efficiently.[/quote]

Mine arrived on Tuesday and i was also was surprised at how light and small mine is (ooo err)
The dimensions are just right for my 1212L and it even fits in my suite bag (this is just a one off to get it to the drummers house).

The down side to using this might be that now my guitarist wont be able to feel me over his side of the stage and will now have to learn the song rather than just follow me lol.

[quote name='JJTee' post='739948' date='Feb 9 2010, 01:27 PM']I'd like to get two of the Great Gramma, so I can put my electric drum kit and stool on there. I'm worried that the footpedal noise will go through the floor when I move into my new flat, so this could be just the ticket.[/quote]

when I bought mine there was a catalogue (which I've thrown away) showing the whole range of sound insualtion they make - I'm sure there would be something suitable for your electronic drum kit. try speaking to Mark at bass direct.

[quote name='martinbass7750' post='749611' date='Feb 18 2010, 01:00 PM']when I bought mine there was a catalogue (which I've thrown away) showing the whole range of sound insualtion they make - I'm sure there would be something suitable for your electronic drum kit. try speaking to Mark at bass direct.[/quote]

Also have a look at the Studio spares website as they carry a lot of this sort of thing.

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='749277' date='Feb 18 2010, 08:45 AM']Is everybody who wants one sorted for one now? The offer is on until the end of Feb so you have another week or so to buy.[/quote]
All sorted. Thanks again for your efforts, Jon, and to MusicMatter for a prompt and efficient service.
Ordered Gramma Pad Tuesday morning, received Wednesday morning. Job done! :rolleyes:
Only thing is, I'm not gigging for a couple of weeks or so, so I'll have to wait to give it a proper go! Boo! :)
In the meantime, I'll use it as a short step to reach the top shelf in my store cupboard! :lol: :lol: