Why become a member? ×

FS Shuker custom Jazz

giblett123

Hi all,

here we have a Shuker custom Jazz that I bought off "Mike" a few weeks back, I'm heartbroken to have to part with it as it is a stunning instrument but I currently have a greater need for a new combi boiler than an extra bass! Hope Mike doesn't mind me using his piccies & info:

[b]Body:[/b] Slightly undersized & made from white ash with a 5A maple "drop top" finished in a wet look blue transparent top coat.
[b]Electronics:[/b] The pickups are “single coils on steroids” Nordstrand "Fatstacks" which are Paired with Jon’s Shuker 3 band EQ. These are also switchable (how & to what is beyond my technical knowledge) so as well as sounding like a Jazz bass, you can switch to a really convincing Precision sound, especially if you roll onto the neck pickup. There is an 18V preamp which is really powerful and offerrs lots of headroom. There is also an Active/Off/Passive switch – and when in passive, the treble pot turns into a VTC (tone control) pot.
[b]Neck & fingerboard:[/b] The neck is a slim (38mm at nut) 5 piece laminated rock maple fender style slab neck with a two way truss rod & carbon fibre reinforcement. There are blue LEDs down the side of the neck, with normal/extra bright switchability. The neck has a satin finish, and there is a two way truss rod with carbon fibre reinforcement. The fingerboard is a beautifully figured piece of birdseye maple, with dot markers.

Soundwise this bass is very punchy & has lots of harmonic content, it has been strung with new d'addarrio 45-100's. The bass is in excellent condition, the only marks on it are a small scratch on the matching headstock which is barely visible, a tiny dink on the neck which can't be felt when playing & a v v small mark on the body which cannot been seen unless up close.

Price? I'm looking for £1100 ono & can arrange shipping if needed which can be negotiated in with the price.
Cheers for looking!
PS ships in a decent Hiscox hardcase.

Edited by giblett123

[quote name='Pete1967' post='737741' date='Feb 6 2010, 11:36 PM']An absolute testament to the quality and popularity of Jon's work that this has sold sooooo quickly......[/quote]

Now heading towards Henley. . .

Chris only beat me to it by minutes last time out :)

[quote name='molan' post='737749' date='Feb 6 2010, 11:43 PM']Now heading towards Henley. . .

Chris only beat me to it by minutes last time out :)[/quote]
They are stunning pieces of craftmanship & are real bargains, if my cashflow wasn't so dodgy I'd be keeping it!