Why become a member? ×

Anyone ever mixed flatties with rounds?

iconic

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='730020' date='Jan 30 2010, 07:19 PM']How can you say such a thing when you haven't even tried it. Until you can disagree without personal insults I suggest you are a twannick.[/quote]

A twannick? A [i]twannick[/i]? I'm not the twannick, me. It's that fat bastard in the green waistcoat with a bullet through his head in post #3 who's a twannick.

Me, I'm a gobozoid. And a thespian. Your invitation to my naturist garden party is withdrawn.

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='730312' date='Jan 31 2010, 09:43 AM']If you trim the excess from the middle of the string,it should improve your sound massively.........allegedly. :)[/quote]
Apparently if they are too long you can also solve this by tying a neat bow in the middle - hey presto! shorter scale length

[quote name='iconic' post='729422' date='Jan 30 2010, 06:57 AM']Just a thought....nice deep Chic low tone but a nice bright G string for funky pops?

.....there maybe a very obvious reason why this isn't done though :rolleyes:[/quote]

dont know..i suggested this to a string supplier once and they said it wasnt a good idea
may be due to something like output etc

worth a try...but as mentioned...TI know how to turn out the best flats in the world...and they sustain and bend as well :)