Why become a member? ×

SOLD

vmaxblues

Hii Guys,

This is a stunning bass, that sounds so clear but unfortunately it isn't for me, firstly because I am just not using 5 strings enough and partially because I keep gravitating back to my trusty Warwick. This is way too good a bass to be not being used enough.

[url="http://www.lightwave-systems.com/products/saber_vl_bass_guitar.php"]http://www.lightwave-systems.com/products/...bass_guitar.php[/url]

Forgive my bad photography:

Comes with original gigbag and charger, and is in immaculate condition, totally as new.

A new one from Bass direct is £1299. I am asking £750.00 plus postage, or you are of course more than welcome to collect

Edited by vmaxblues

This was Happy Jacks!

and yes, infra red technolgy, makes for a lovely clear sound, follow the link on the original post, very interesting, and it works really well.

This sytem was used on Zon's originally and the inventor decided to make his own basses, this is the result.

[quote name='vmaxblues' post='725329' date='Jan 26 2010, 04:01 PM']This was Happy Jacks![/quote]

Ah, in which case, this bass is lovely if you like small bodied, fancy wooded basses etc!
If I was, I would have snapped this up from Jack!

so have yet another bump :)

Si

[quote name='vmaxblues' post='727329' date='Jan 28 2010, 10:10 AM']Doh!

Sorry, being a doofus and rushing....

Will post the correct answer tonight[/quote]

It's 14mm at the nut.

This is a very lovely bass. The clarity of tone simply can't be beaten.

It's very light in weight, and it also does a pretty good fretless imitation using the in-built piezo.

The charging system is very clever ... way better than using a 9v battery.

[quote name='vmaxblues' post='725506' date='Jan 26 2010, 05:46 PM']In answer to the question, string spacing at the nut is approx 9mm from centre of strings, hope this helps[/quote]
[quote name='wildman' post='726901' date='Jan 27 2010, 09:18 PM']Mate, It was the bridge spacing that I really wanted.....[/quote]
[quote name='Happy Jack' post='727358' date='Jan 28 2010, 10:38 AM']It's 14mm at the nut.[/quote]
I'm confused! :)

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='727392' date='Jan 28 2010, 11:03 AM']Holy nuts, that's tight.[/quote]

Don't let that put you off, perfect for the conversion of a four stringer and slaps beautifully, especially with the crisp sound you get from the ebony. Best neck I've played and where the fretboard joins the body it acts as a perfect thumb rest when playing the low B. I'd ask for that exact string spacing and 24 fret 34" ebony neck with 3 piece unlaquered maple if had enough to afford a custom bass... I'd probs get birdseye maple too!! One can dream.

I'm really sorry guys, I've been a bit distracted today and probably shouldn't have posted earlier.

The Lightwave Sabre string spacing is 10mm at the nut, 14mm at the 12th fret, and 18mm at the bridge.

I'm now going to go and have a lie-down ...