Why become a member? ×

Hello from Bristol

Johnzy

[quote name='stewblack' post='78655' date='Oct 24 2007, 08:44 AM']Talking of which what happened to the idea of a Bristol/Bath/Somerset meet?[/quote]

It never got past the idea stage - nobody seemed willing to organise anything.

If we're just talking about meeting for a beer then it shouldn't be too difficult. Anyone in Brizzle fancy a bass related pint?

[quote name='TheRev' post='78668' date='Oct 24 2007, 09:18 AM']It never got past the idea stage - nobody seemed willing to organise anything.

If we're just talking about meeting for a beer then it shouldn't be too difficult. Anyone in Brizzle fancy a bass related pint?[/quote]
I suppose I was hoping for more bass less beer, but hey; there's room for both !!
(Maybe I should have started a proper thread and not hijacked this poor guy's intro)

[quote name='stewblack' post='78672' date='Oct 24 2007, 09:28 AM']I suppose I was hoping for more bass less beer, but hey; there's room for both !!
(Maybe I should have started a proper thread and not hijacked this poor guy's intro)[/quote]

Yeah - sorry about that.

A proper South West bass bash would be great if 'someone' can find a bass friendly venue and we have enough confirmed attendees to pay for the bugger. Any ideas?

[quote name='TheRev' post='78678' date='Oct 24 2007, 09:34 AM']Yeah - sorry about that.

A proper South West bass bash would be great if 'someone' can find a bass friendly venue and we have enough confirmed attendees to pay for the bugger. Any ideas?[/quote]
I'll put out feelers and use my considerable brain on this one then start a thread in general discussions.

[quote name='TheRev' post='78678' date='Oct 24 2007, 09:34 AM']Yeah - sorry about that.

A proper South West bass bash would be great if 'someone' can find a bass friendly venue and we have enough confirmed attendees to pay for the bugger. Any ideas?[/quote]

As I said - Swindon is an option (although I realise that Bristol might be more central), I put on gigs at Swindon Town FC, we have loads of space in the main lounge, I have thurs nights but could get other times (a Sunday afternoon?), I could also organise a backline, band and/or jam session - and am happy to do it free of charge :)

i think it would be a good idea. maybe find somewhere with an open mic night, so if peeps wanna jam they can!

[quote name='colda' post='78688' date='Oct 24 2007, 09:46 AM']As I said - Swindon is an option (although I realise that Bristol might be more central), I put on gigs at Swindon Town FC, we have loads of space in the main lounge, I have thurs nights but could get other times (a Sunday afternoon?), I could also organise a backline, band and/or jam session - and am happy to do it free of charge :)[/quote]
Have played at Swindle Town's club house (it was a wedding and best forgotten!) and I can say that it would make a remarkably good venue for a bassmeet. Bit far for the South Wales posse maybe? Bit more of a central M4 corridor meet! But that pulls in the Berks & Wilts crowds then though...

Guys - I was going to just get as many people as possible to meet up for a few pints in Bristol when I get down there (will be there permanently from 30th November and most weekends from Friday onwards). Don't worry about getting all gear and so on sorted until a basschat bash is due; best off just meeting up for a brew and talking about the gear we'll all bring to the next bash :)