Why become a member? ×

Bergantino rigs

Plux_the_Duck

[quote name='chris_b' post='724864' date='Jan 26 2010, 09:30 AM']I was toying with the idea of adding another AE210 but I'll wait if an AE115 is on the horizon.[/quote]

I think the guy was asking [i]if[/i] there was an AE115 to come in the future as he thought he had heard someone else mention it. Couldn't find any replies about it.

Chinese whispers??

If Jim does ever make an AE115, i'll take 2 please :)

[quote name='Plux_the_Duck' post='729940' date='Jan 30 2010, 06:10 PM']....why do no famous/popular bands use berg gear?....[/quote]
When I toured we generally used what the promoter or management company provided. Unless you're very fussy, you can pretty much get an acceptable sound out of any amp so the expense of carrying your own backline just isn't worth it. Most top gigging bands like to get the same sound where ever they go and after 40 years of being the "ultimate", pro touring, "big stage" rig, the Ampeg SVT and 810 is in every hire company's inventory. Bergantino is just not on the map at that level.

[quote name='chris_b' post='730260' date='Jan 31 2010, 02:15 AM']When I toured we generally used what the promoter or management company provided. Unless you're very fussy, you can pretty much get an acceptable sound out of any amp so the expense of carrying your own backline just isn't worth it. Most top gigging bands like to get the same sound where ever they go and after 40 years of being the "ultimate", pro touring, "big stage" rig, the Ampeg SVT and 810 is in every hire company's inventory. Bergantino is just not on the map at that level.[/quote]

I thought as much..... bloody ampeg... :)
the thing is, I am that fussy... so thats all good :rolleyes:

[quote name='Plux_the_Duck' post='729940' date='Jan 30 2010, 06:10 PM']why do no famous/popular bands use berg gear? - it really annoys me.... :)[/quote]
Becasue Jim won't do endorsements or the back up required for touring

[quote name='sk8' post='730293' date='Jan 31 2010, 08:56 AM']Becasue Jim won't do endorsements or the back up required for touring[/quote]

Yeah, wouldnt even cut Vic W a deal he could live with (although I expect Hartke put up some serious wedge to get his face i front of their inferior cabs).

Doesnt bother me, the less punters who see my Berg gear and think "thats worth a fortune I'll have that when he pops to the bogs" the better :)

[quote name='Plux_the_Duck' post='730289' date='Jan 31 2010, 08:28 AM']I thought as much..... bloody ampeg... :)
the thing is, I am that fussy... so thats all good :rolleyes:[/quote]

I have turned up to play outdoors now and again and there is a full SVT rig that I can turn up loud. They have their moments!

[quote name='51m0n' post='731933' date='Feb 1 2010, 05:15 PM']Cwooooar!

Thats about it then for you, no need to come on here any more for amps and cabs, all sorted then - right?[/quote]

Pretty much. I have great sounding basses, so I just want to sound like them - but louder. The U5 and the Berg give me that. I did my first recordings last night with my Sadowsky->U5->Logic and it sounded really great. I am very happy

[quote name='Plux_the_Duck' post='735355' date='Feb 4 2010, 06:19 PM']....I'm not an ampeg man.... they annoy me...
though I do see why people like them....[/quote]
I've played SVT rigs from stadiums to rehearsal rooms and even though they're not what I want to sound like right now, they have always sounded great. If you're touring you don't want to play an Ampeg one night, Hartke the next and Marshall the next, you need consistency. In the unlikely event that I get a call to tour the world next week my first priority would be to ask for a full SVT rig on all gigs.

Edited by chris_b

Ampeg thread or Berg...?? but, anyway.

I agree that Ampegs are the staple stage rig even though I wouldn't have one myself.
But you do get the stage power and everyone knows what they are. Not so many years ago, you try putting TE on the stage rider and see what some places come up with if you have to hire in locally. You'll get some surprises, and some not so pleasant.. :)

Congratulations Jake! What preamp are you using with it?

Make sure you save as quick as possible for the extension. I thought I didn't want it til I actually tried it, then I realised I [i]needed[/i] it... it's just [b][u]THE [/u][/b]definitive bass sound with massive low end extension that appears from nowhere. And the headroom... forget about it! :)

[quote name='51m0n' post='739833' date='Feb 9 2010, 11:53 AM']No pics, no Berg.....

:lol:[/quote]

Pics coming :)

[quote name='mcgraham' post='739841' date='Feb 9 2010, 11:57 AM']Congratulations Jake! What preamp are you using with it?

Make sure you save as quick as possible for the extension. I thought I didn't want it til I actually tried it, then I realised I [i]needed[/i] it... it's just [b][u]THE [/u][/b]definitive bass sound with massive low end extension that appears from nowhere. And the headroom... forget about it! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Don't worry, i'm saving already :lol:

And i'm using a EBS Microbass at the moment. Need a preamp installing in my Siggery, then i think i'm going to look at either the Avalon U5 or the Reddi Di :lol: