Why become a member? ×

*Feelers*

4 candles

I find it very annoying that someone temps you with a bass in the for sale section using the typehead Feeler but then fails to commit to the sale when you make your offer.

Now to me you are either selling, or you are not.

Should the for sale board be just for items that are for sale??

I certainly think so

Does anyone share my view?

would love to hear your views.

regards

Mark

[quote name='jmsjabb' post='699832' date='Jan 3 2010, 06:58 PM']I agree. Now the offers thing has been banned, we may see less of this happening though. ( I hope!)[/quote]
nobody said you can't haggle and make offers, but people putting up a piece of gear with no price is just silly, a lot of people may genuinely not know what it's worth. Unless I have a very good idea of what an item is worth, i'll completely disregard a thread if there isn't a price included. But i digress.

[quote name='lowdown' post='699863' date='Jan 3 2010, 07:34 PM']Why not just have a 'Feelers' section?

Then nobody would look in there,
apart from people just after a grope.

Garry[/quote]
The problem with that is , too many gropes make you wine ..................

Edited by jhk

I suppose sellers can change their minds as well as potential buyers but it does make sense now that sellers have to list prices that feelers should be less and less. I think this is more common with part exchange deals though as this is where the deal is far from set in stone

Got to admit I've put up feeler for sale threads in the past. Mainly because I've seen a bass pop up for sale I've fancied and put a feeler up to try to sell a bass I already have to get the cash together to change bass.

I don't suppose it's a problem to just put up a for sale thread and withdraw the bass if you decide not to sell though.

At the moment I looking for a nice 5 or 6 string. If I make an offer for a bass on a feeler thread and the seller is dragging his heels making up his mind to sell or not, then I'll just move on to the next bass I fancy. Simple as that, they loose the potential sale. :)

I also think its a lot better now seller put prices in their threads.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='699926' date='Jan 3 2010, 08:19 PM']nobody said you can't haggle and make offers, but people putting up a piece of gear with no price is just silly, a lot of people may genuinely not know what it's worth. Unless I have a very good idea of what an item is worth, i'll completely disregard a thread if there isn't a price included. But i digress.[/quote]

you are right, nobody did say you can't haggle and make offers. You just have to state a price you want. People will soon flame you if you have priced it wrong

[quote name='Adrenochrome' post='699939' date='Jan 3 2010, 08:32 PM']Yes I do agree but if it's within the rules I won't complain about it.
I think *feelers* invite offers and that's pretty close to an auction isn't it?[/quote]

Quite right, that's one of the reasons why we now ask for prices to be included in for sale threads.

[quote name='Adrenochrome' post='699939' date='Jan 3 2010, 08:32 PM']Yes I do agree but if it's within the rules I won't complain about it.
I think *feelers* invite offers and that's pretty close to an auction isn't it?[/quote]
i always posted a price with a feeler, even before the rule. Inevitably it ended in a sale every time, but it just took me a few days to make my mind up properly.

[quote name='jmsjabb' post='699943' date='Jan 3 2010, 08:34 PM']you are right, nobody did say you can't haggle and make offers. You just have to state a price you want. People will soon flame you if you have priced it wrong[/quote]
i dunno, i try to be fairly considerate and PM a member if a price seems a little wrong, even if [b]CERTAIN[/b] members don't appreciate my discretion and still accuse me of trying to sabotage their sale... sorry, got a bit of a chip on my shoulder there.

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='4 candles' post='699826' date='Jan 3 2010, 07:56 PM']I find it very annoying that someone temps you with a bass in the for sale section using the typehead Feeler but then fails to commit to the sale when you make your offer.

Now to me you are either selling, or you are not.

Should the for sale board be just for items that are for sale??

I certainly think so

Does anyone share my view?

would love to hear your views.

regards

Mark[/quote]

Its an outrage!