Why become a member? ×

Drum N Bass/Dubstep

Jarhead

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1321123822' post='1435667']
Yeah - am planning to attempt to record something this week...
[/quote]

As Promised -

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid61.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fh44%2Fpantherairsoft%2FPedal%2520Videos%2FClusterFluxDemo.mp4">

I've never done a video review before as you can likely tell and I had to compress this down from 2.1gb to the mess it i now - It's lost a bit in the process and the mic keeps dipping in volume to compensate the peaks and dips - but you get the idea!

PAS - with the moog mp-201 can you send a click to it and the use it to control the cutoff to get really regulated wobs, speed them up slow them down etc, or is there something else needed before the mp-201 to send a click in. Thats pretty much the main use i want from a 201 so im a little worried about the price aand maybe oly using it for that single feature. I know it can control the other parameters, but im still struggling to understand what it can really achieve.

Hey,

Not a 'click', but a midi clock. You can use it to receive midi (from a laptop, drum machine etc) and then send LFO's at specific clock divisions of that tempo.

My drummer has a drum machine on his set up which we use as a click to play live to. It also generates midi clock in time with the metronome, which we send to the MP-201. Something like that would help you.

Without the midi, you can be very precise with tempo, adjusting in time increments, but at the end of the day you'll be setting it by ear (like any other tremolo pedal) without a midi clock sync. If you have a computer/laptop though, there are loads of free midi clock/metronome programmes about.

Shep, the midi in on the Slicer, I'm assuming the tempo can be controlled via laptop into that?
Does it then quantise any tapped devisions to sit within the Midi-controlled tempo?

Also (Shep isn't allowed to comment), I've ordered a yummy pedal today, now just need to clear space on the pedal board, i'll only be on Board V.4....so still catching Shep up :)

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1322080318' post='1446361']
Manual??
Where's the fun in that? :)

Si
[/quote]

Its useful - When I sent the pedal to you it was set to maintain a set tempo as you change patches. Some of the patches sound a tad 'bland' unless they are very fast, so the factory default has an 'optimum' tempo for every patch, so as you dial through them the tempo moves to match the patch you're on. You could try putting it back to that setting if you haven't done already as it does give you a few ideas and insights to rhythms at high tempo (you can still shift the tempo with tap etc). There will likely be a load more info in there about the midi connectivity.

I never used to use it with midi clock. I used it on 2 tracks that we played at 160bpm - I tapped in 80bpm and left it (as it stores the last tempo used) so never really played around with what else it could do midi wise.

So I made a VERY rough demo of my board, mostly to get to grips with the Source Audio BEF w/hot-hand.
Still figuring out what is possible, but at least this gives you a musical context.

http://soundcloud.com/simonpoulton/picture-live-bass-demo

Cheers
Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1322522482' post='1452228']
So I made a VERY rough demo of my board, mostly to get to grips with the Source Audio BEF w/hot-hand.
Still figuring out what is possible, but at least this gives you a musical context.

[url="http://soundcloud.com/simonpoulton/picture-live-bass-demo"]http://soundcloud.co...-live-bass-demo[/url]

Cheers
Si
[/quote]I love the bass sound in the first 30 seconds of the clip. very keyboard-like. What was your setup for that/

Hey guys, cheers for the comments.....I did a video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D24sVPLsSnw

So refined sounds are:
Intro/Chorus: OC-2, ME-50B (Slow Gear, Chorus/Reverb)
Verse: Same as chorus but with SourceAudio BEF
Drop: OC-2, ME-50B (Distortion, Chorus, Whammy), CoPilot FX Orbit, BEF

Cool :)
Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1323217705' post='1460824']
Hey guys, cheers for the comments.....I did a video :)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D24sVPLsSnw[/media]

So refined sounds are:
Intro/Chorus: OC-2, ME-50B (Slow Gear, Chorus/Reverb)
Verse: Same as chorus but with SourceAudio BEF
Drop: OC-2, ME-50B (Distortion, Chorus, Whammy), CoPilot FX Orbit, BEF

Cool :)
Si
[/quote]

Nice work dude! Thats awesome!
[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1323257327' post='1461044']
Well done Si, thats the 1st vid that has made me actually want a BEF and Hot Hand. I can't do it though - just doesnt feel right :)

Awesome
[/quote]

Hahah me too! Trying to think right now how to fit it onto a board that already has no space....

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1323537593' post='1464391']
Got myself a bef pro with a wired hot hand, need to get the wireless one ASAP! What's your bef set up like in that track? Sounds nice

Also, where in your chain is it, still trying to figure out where to put mine
[/quote]

My signal chain is:
Bass -> Pedal FX loop send -> TU-2 -> OC-2 - > CoPilot FX Orbit -> ME-50B -> Slicer -> BEF -> FX loop return -> Amp

I'm only using the standard BEF so:

Frequency - 9 o'clock
Sweep Range - 10 o'clock
Speed - 1 o'clock

Still messing around with it though.

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1323684047' post='1465636']
My signal chain is:
Bass -> Pedal FX loop send -> TU-2 -> OC-2 - > CoPilot FX Orbit -> ME-50B -> Slicer -> BEF -> FX loop return -> Amp

Frequency - 9 o'clock
Sweep Range - 10 o'clock
Speed - 1 o'clock

Si
[/quote]
Wait a minute!!!! Do you use the FX send/return on your amp or is it a looper pedal to save a bit of tap dancing?

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1323684047' post='1465636']
My signal chain is:

Frequency - 9 o'clock
Sweep Range - 10 o'clock
Speed - 1 o'clock

Si
[/quote]

great work Si. Which filter setting do you work with on your BEF? I have been having phenomenal fun with my BEF pro with all the backpage stuff so brilliant you have done such a good job with the standard model! In fact I bust my hot hand last night, snapped the thumb loop in a clumsy exaggerated action. Super glued it this morning, just hope it works!

• 1 month later...