Why become a member? ×

Drum N Bass/Dubstep

Jarhead

[quote name='fatgoogle' post='1354833' date='Aug 28 2011, 11:33 PM']Also were can i buy a 3 way looper, were i can turn off and on each individual loop. So i can have each one separate but mix them together how i like.[/quote]
an idea i've been thinking about too.. ! :) unity volume would be an issue though..

so much gas, and so few pennies.. :)

[quote name='fatgoogle' post='1354845' date='Aug 28 2011, 11:50 PM']Could volume/gain pots be put on each loop along with a switch.[/quote]
not sure about this myself. the person to ask about specific builds would be Max at [sfx]sound.

it's looking like i won't be in the position to bother enquiring 'til new year at the rate i'm spending what i haven't got.

although i do have a deep impact gathering dust, so you never know.. :)

I've been spending a few days with my set up trying new stuff and have a rehearsal tomorrow in which I'm going to attempt to recreate all the tracks we do, using only a small range of my effects. I've had an idea to a base what I do more around the Mood modular synth idea and I think It may work, and reduce the amount of cabling etc I'm currently using.

It will involve picking up the Cluster Flux when it comes out, but will also mean some of my other pedals will be up for sale... Tomorrows jam will be interesting

Shep

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='1354848' date='Aug 28 2011, 11:59 PM']not sure about this myself. the person to ask about specific builds would be Max at [sfx]sound.

it's looking like i won't be in the position to bother enquiring 'til new year at the rate i'm spending what i haven't got.[/quote]

Another thing i would want from it is to able to run multiple loops at the same time but they dont effect each other. So if im running loop one which has the moog in it and im modulating it, but have loop two just being effected by the original bass signal and running some extreme sub-bass underneath.

[quote name='fatgoogle' post='1355652' date='Aug 29 2011, 08:29 PM']Another thing i would want from it is to able to run multiple loops at the same time but they dont effect each other. So if im running loop one which has the moog in it and im modulating it, but have loop two just being effected by the original bass signal and running some extreme sub-bass underneath.[/quote]
another way of doing this kind of thing (live) would be to have different amps/cabs running different split fx, with mute footpedals.. an idea for the future for me though.. :)

[quote name='fatgoogle' post='1355652' date='Aug 29 2011, 08:29 PM']Another thing i would want from it is to able to run multiple loops at the same time but they dont effect each other. So if im running loop one which has the moog in it and im modulating it, but have loop two just being effected by the original bass signal and running some extreme sub-bass underneath.[/quote]

You can do that with a Boss LS-2.

Am I right in thinking that the The Mini Expressionator will essentially allow you to control, say 3 separate functions from a single Moog pedal, using just 1 expression pedal?

So, in other words, you take the expression pedal out from 3 outs on a given Fooger, or 3 separate pedals, plug them into The Mini Expressionator and then have 1 pedal to control all 3 functions at once? Or can you stomp on each input to allow you to mix it up?

If I'm getting the gist of it correctly then that's very cool!!!

If not...someone build this!

[quote name='bassjamm' post='1355845' date='Aug 29 2011, 06:58 PM']Am I right in thinking that the The Mini Expressionator will essentially allow you to control, say 3 separate functions from a single Moog pedal, using just 1 expression pedal?

So, in other words, you take the expression pedal out from 3 outs on a given Fooger, or 3 separate pedals, plug them into The Mini Expressionator and then have 1 pedal to control all 3 functions at once? Or can you stomp on each input to allow you to mix it up?

If I'm getting the gist of it correctly then that's very cool!!!

If not...someone build this![/quote]

Yep- that's correct. Even cooler is if you decide you want to continue controling 2 exp outs on the moog with the exp pedal but want one to stay at a fixed position it will remember that position. It's all digital, so theres no worries using it with pedals that require different potentiometer values.

I want that! How much?
I've been searching for a CV mixer schematic to build a simple mixer that split the ep-2 so I could control more than 1 thing, but not found anything yet.
Plan to just wire up some sockets & see if it works or if I need to power it (5v might be needed if the split reduces the voltage).

[quote name='fatgoogle' post='1354833' date='Aug 28 2011, 11:33 PM']Also were can i buy a 3 way looper, were i can turn off and on each individual loop. So i can have each one separate but mix them together how i like.[/quote]

is this the kind of thing you are after?

[url="http://www.woundedpaw.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=152"]wounded paw super blender[/url]

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1355889' date='Aug 30 2011, 06:52 AM']Just read 4 pages on TB about it. So, if it costs @$150-200 over there, by the time postage & customs get ya it'll be @£300! :)
Sounds cool as though.[/quote]

It should work out a lot cheaper than that. Say it's $200 and costs $50 to get it shipped, that's $250. At today's rate that works out at roughly £150. Add 20% for VAT and 3% for customs and you'll be paying around £180 for this bad boy.

I guess there may be room for movement on that if a few of us were to club in for a bulk order maybe? Although we may just save on shipping costs across the whole transaction, might be worth considering and working out though?

[quote name='timbrewolff' post='1355879' date='Aug 30 2011, 04:17 AM']Yep- that's correct. Even cooler is if you decide you want to continue controling 2 exp outs on the moog with the exp pedal but want one to stay at a fixed position it will remember that position. It's all digital, so theres no worries using it with pedals that require different potentiometer values.[/quote]

Ooo that's very cheeky isn't it! I can see these bad boys being a hit :)

[quote name='bassjamm' post='1355930' date='Aug 30 2011, 08:28 AM']Ooo that's very cheeky isn't it! I can see these bad boys being a hit :)[/quote]

It's effectively the expression section of the MP-201 (but with 3 rather than 4 connections). If you only intend to use it as an expression system, I'd say this is a far more cost effective way of doing it!!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1356674' date='Aug 30 2011, 06:51 PM']It's effectively the expression section of the MP-201 (but with 3 rather than 4 connections). If you only intend to use it as an expression system, I'd say this is a far more cost effective way of doing it!![/quote]

Awesome :)

Whilst I'm posting...can I just confirm that the whole DubStep sound could effectively be summed up as Octave - Fuzz - Phaser - LPF? I know this thread covers it a lot, but I just wanted to confirm.

Thanks
Jam

[quote name='bassjamm' post='1356981' date='Aug 30 2011, 10:54 PM']Awesome :)

Whilst I'm posting...can I just confirm that the whole DubStep sound could effectively be summed up as Octave - Fuzz - Phaser - LPF? I know this thread covers it a lot, but I just wanted to confirm.

Thanks
Jam[/quote]

Yes. Very loosely. Although 'modulation' in general as opposed to Phaser specifically (personally I put modulation after the LPF too :)).

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1356990' date='Aug 30 2011, 11:03 PM']Just noticed in your sig that you're after a Bass Murf. There's one for £180 in the For Sale section.[/quote]

Ah, I need to update that, want to try the 101 first.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1357001' date='Aug 30 2011, 11:14 PM']Yes. Very loosely. Although 'modulation' in general as opposed to Phaser specifically (personally I put modulation after the LPF too :)).[/quote]

Cool cool cool...I'm just trying to get my head around it and using my M13. I've got a bank of Phaser's after my Fuzz, one's set to a crochet value, another to quavers, and another to a slightly different setting...works well for getting the different "wooob wooob" sounds I reckon.

Thanks chaps

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1356674' date='Aug 30 2011, 01:51 PM']It's effectively the expression section of the MP-201 (but with 3 rather than 4 connections). If you only intend to use it as an expression system, I'd say this is a far more cost effective way of doing it!![/quote]

I have to assume it will be smaller too

Just spent the afternoon playing with a stripped down set up and using the Moog LPF and Freqbox in different ways. Making more of the Whammy settings as well. I think I've just made half of my pedal collection redundant!

Did a full rehearsal, played all our stuff (be it some tracks sounding very different!) and didn't touch ANY of...
Boss SL-20 Slicer
Modded EHX Bass MicroSynth
MarkBass SuperSynth
Subdecay Noisebox
Subdecay Echobox
3Leaf Audio Groove Regulator
EBS Unichorus
EBS MultiComp
Tech 21 Red Ripper 

Basically used the Moogerfoogers, delay & fuzz!

Think a clearout is coming along. Maybe even back to a single pedalboard!!!