Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender American Vintage 62 Precision Re-Issue

tredders

Hi all

Well, I bought this about 6 weeks ago, and the same day got hold of a '76 Precision. The '76 has turned out to be the love of my life, and the '62 has been sadly neglected, so I think it's time to move it on. I'll let the pics do the talking: -

It's a beauty - a 2009 model, with all of the case candy included (strap, lead, ashtray, tags etc). I've had it professionally setup (by Peter Allen, at a cost of £75), and have fitted TI flats to it (another £40). It is an absolutely stunning looking bass - the photos don't do it justice, and it plays beautifully. The action is nice and low, and with the TI flats on it, it gives that old school Motown tone. Having said that, it's pretty versatile and will kick out a wide variety of tones.

It'll come with a Fender gig bag (i'm keeping the flightcase in the pics), so collection (or meet-up) is obviously preferred. I live just off j.12 M40 (near Gaydon), but travel a fair amount with my job.

[b]Edited to say that I have an old tolex case that I can supply with this, if postage is an absolute deal breaker, but I'd prefer a meet up/collection[/b]

GAK has this model at £1379 (the sunburst is £60 extra!). I'm looking for £850. [size=5][b]NOW SOLD[/b][/size]

Any questions, ask away.

Cheers

Mark.

Edited by tredders

This is special...

I'm guessing the 62 doesn't come in a hardcase when you get it from Fender?

Have you got the bridge cover?

If someone wants to buy my 08/09 Oly White Usa P, then I'll be after this. If this goes before then obviously I won't be selling, because it's a beaut!

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' post='680335' date='Dec 10 2009, 03:09 PM']This is special...

I'm guessing the 62 doesn't come in a hardcase when you get it from Fender?

Have you got the bridge cover?

If someone wants to buy my 08/09 Oly White Usa P, then I'll be after this. If this goes before then obviously I won't be selling, because it's a beaut![/quote]

Hi

It is absolutely beautiful, really!

I bought that Castle flight case at the same time as the bass (£179, but at least I knew it would be well protected!), but I'm keeping that. I've actually got an older Tolex case (bit battered but would do the job) if postage was a real deal-breaker.

I've also got the bridge cover, and got Peter Allen to drill the holes for it when he set it up for me (so it's on the bass) - as standard you get the bridge cover but no holes to screw it into!

Any other questions, let me know.

Mark.

Edited by tredders

[quote name='Hutton' post='680349' date='Dec 10 2009, 03:23 PM']My 62 reissue came with a period hardcase. That was in 2006, I don't know if they still do the case.

This is an absolutely beauty. At this price I expect it will sell quite quickly. Shame about the case though.[/quote]

Its still listed to include the Case, Vintage style Lead and Strap -- plus candy!
I think all the current USA models except Highway,s include hard case.

Will.

Just edited the original post to say that I have an old black tolex case that this could potentially be packed in, should postage be a clincher.

As I said earlier, I bought the flightcase at the same time as the bass (to replace the standard flimsy 60's replica one), in order to get it packed in.

Cheers

Mark.

Edited by tredders

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='680360' date='Dec 10 2009, 03:35 PM']That's a hell of a price drop for 6wks of ownership! Somebody will get a real bargain here![/quote]

I know! However, I bought 3 new basses in the space of a week, and now the credit card bill has hit the mat, so I really need to do the sensible thing (for once!).

[quote name='StevieD_FenderP2009' post='680914' date='Dec 11 2009, 03:46 AM']Would you sell the case on its own?[/quote]

Hi Steve

Great sig, by the way :rolleyes:

I'm keeping the flight case, and the tolex case is an old one that came with the '76, so would prefer to keep that. If necessary though, I'll ship the P bass in the case.

I've had a couple of PMs on this one, so it's close to being sold. Anyone holding back or thinking of grabbing this, now is the time to act :)

Mark.

Edited by tredders

[quote name='tredders' post='681245' date='Dec 11 2009, 12:54 PM']Hi Steve

Great sig, by the way :lol:

I'm keeping the flight case, and the tolex case is an old one that came with the '76, so would prefer to keep that. If necessary though, I'll ship the P bass in the case.

I've had a couple of PMs on this one, so it's close to being sold. Anyone holding back or thinking of grabbing this, now is the time to act :)

Mark.[/quote]

Hey mate, im loving that bass, and i dont usually like pickup covers, and i dont know much, but i would keep that old case, it keeps it all original and stuff :rolleyes:

[quote name='aznbass' post='682643' date='Dec 12 2009, 11:26 PM']Hey mate, im loving that bass, and i dont usually like pickup covers, and i dont know much, but i would keep that old case, it keeps it all original and stuff :)[/quote]

Dont worry, it's not the original 76 case... It's just an old case that the 76 came in (if you know what I mean).

Beautiful looking bass and I would be seriously interested in a trade with my MM SR 30th if you are!! :)
Just one thing and I'm sure it's just my eyes... but the string spacing and positon in the first & third pictures looks way off! It appears that your saddles have been shoved right over!!! Please tell me it's just me. Look at the spacing between the A & D and the positions of the fret markers.

Edited by tombboy

[quote name='tombboy' post='685719' date='Dec 15 2009, 09:09 PM']Beautiful looking bass and I would be seriously interested in a trade with my MM SR 30th if you are!! :rolleyes:
Just one thing and I'm sure it's just my eyes... but the string spacing and positon in the first & third pictures looks way off! It appears that your saddles have been shoved right over!!! Please tell me it's just me. Look at the spacing between the A & D and the positions of the fret markers.[/quote]

Hiya

You're absolutely right - the bass was horrifically setup - saddles were all over the place, truss rod was too loose, and this is how it was shipped by Fender....

A quick trip to Peter Allen and one of his £75 pro-setups and all was well. Amazing though how poorly some of these are shipped from the factory. The photos were pre-setup, incidentally.

Thanks for the offer of the 'Ray - I think I'm ok for basses at the moment (already have a lovely 2004 'Ray). I really need some cash to pay off the credit card :)

Mark.

Phew... thanks God for that! I've also heard some terrible horror stories regarding Fender's QC.
No worries regarding the 'Ray and best of luck with this sale.... beautiful bass! :)

You may want to edit your original post regarding letting 'the pictures do the talking' or others might spot the same set up issues.... just a thought!

Edited by tombboy